Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help Noob With Gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2014
So I am a W101 noob. I am not afraid to say so.
I am having trouble getting good enough gear. I buy gear from Bazarr and even the worlds. I am currently a level 51 /. Not sure if that is even a good combo. I have bought Hoard of the Hydra packs and came out with great gear for a level 40-49. I am in Celestia and am trying so hard to get good critical as well has resistance and damage for battles and power pip chance. I check out other wizards and feel envious of their gear.
PLEASE HELP!! I need a dummy version on the gear I should get.

Thanks much

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
At your level I wouldn't worry about critical at all. It isn't reliable until much higher levels. You can get some ok 45 and 50 gear as drops, but your best options are the level 56 crafted gear from Wintertusk, and the level 60 Waterworks gear.

Best of luck!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
MTBev on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:
I am having trouble getting good enough gear. I buy gear from Bazarr and even the worlds. I am currently a level 51 /. Not sure if that is even a good combo. I have bought Hoard of the Hydra packs and came out with great gear for a level 40-49. I am in Celestia and am trying so hard to get good critical as well has resistance and damage for battles and power pip chance. I check out other wizards and feel envious of their gear.

Thanks much
your best bet is the level 60 waterworks gear; alternately, you can craft a level 56 set that's pretty much on par with it, statswise, once you've completed sudrilund (you must also be a grandmaster artisan, so get to work! lol).

worth noting: whichever set you go with, or even if you use a combination of the above, it will do you at least 30 levels, if not more. i have 3 chars at max level, 2 of whom are in some combination of waterworks/crafted gear.

good luck!

-von "forever a noob" shadowsong

exalted
trans
grand
magus

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Don't try to get critical yet. It won't do you much good. Get damage, resistance, power pip chance and critical block. Also, do Wintertusk. You'll get a spell (eventually leading to more) and the option to craft some really good gear. If you don't want to craft, you can get some pretty good level 50 rings and athames from a vendor there. There are also better level 56 versions of these, which are dropped but can also be found in the Bazaar. The gear you find in the Bazaar should get you to level 60, when you can farm for the Waterworks gear, if you want to of course. It can be a struggle, but the gear is a tremendous help, although not that needed if you've the Wintertusk crafted gear, the main difference being that Waterworks gear has higher resistance. The dungeon also gives a lot of experience.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
At your stage in the game, this is where I take my wizards to Grizzleheim and work through Wintertusk. By the time you get far enough into it, you will have leveled up to 56 and can use the crafted gear from Wintertusk. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Carax_Strongthread
This requires completing the crafting quests up through Dragonspyre.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
MTBev on Mar 30, 2015 wrote:

Thanks much
Could you list the gear your current gear set up (with names) all the way from hat to your pet?
It would help us fine tune your gear set up (Also are you using a life mastery amulet? It will allow power pips for your life spells)

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
well my balance wiz is still in krok so idk any good gear that you can buy for balance but I do for life. and your combo is good my balance has life for second school too but later hes gonna get feint from death.