Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hello everyone!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
Hi guys I am new to these forums. This is my first post :D. I have been playing w101 for about a year, and really enjoy the storyline and all the different worlds you can explore in the spiral.

I want to start off with a couple questions.

1) are capital letters allowed on open chat?
2) would you recommend doing quests solo or with friends? (I am a balance wizard and struggle a lot with quests. Which is why I am asking xD).

Looking forward to meeting everyone here on the w101 forums.

- Blaine Swiftwraith Level 42 Balance
Patrick Duskforge Level 13 Ice

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
balance113 on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Hi guys I am new to these forums. This is my first post :D. I have been playing w101 for about a year, and really enjoy the storyline and all the different worlds you can explore in the spiral.

2) would you recommend doing quests solo or with friends? (I am a balance wizard and struggle a lot with quests. Which is why I am asking xD).

Why hello balance113! Welcome to the message boards! To answer your questions to the best of my ability:

1) Caps are allowed on both text and open chat, but only open chat can see them.
2) Since I don't play with , I have to say that's your choice, but if you want my opinion, the answer is with friends because from what I have read, you say you struggle alot on quests.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask! We can all help you with your problems!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

Welcome to the boards. Your account open date shows 2010 so you have had the game kicking around for a while before you played?

Caps are allowed in open chat but to me all caps is still shouting. For years I played the game with regular filtered text chat and only switched when a family member joined and has typing issues so I could still get the idea of what she was saying.

Questing is of course easier with help. If you have others to quest with it will go faster. When I solo I find ending worlds instances and any thing after Avalon can become an issue progressing at a reasonable rate with out help here and there more. If you do solo you must really become attuned to your school, it helps to learn it's strengths and weaknesses, it requires a little more planning and you must keep up with gear which may involve farming and/or crafting and possibly look into investing time in a pet that helps you.

Mary

Champion
Jul 13, 2013

Capital letters are allowed on open chat but I think filtered text chat people can't see them. And I solo everything fine with my Grandmaster balance wizard, only needed help in The Labryinth.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
Thanks for the replies everyone. And yes I have been playing the game for a few years, and i am now lvl 42 sorcerer. :D

I am working on all my quests with friends now rather than doing solo, i find it a lot easier and much more fun that way!

XD

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
Northlite on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Welcome to the boards. Your account open date shows 2010 so you have had the game kicking around for a while before you played?

Caps are allowed in open chat but to me all caps is still shouting. For years I played the game with regular filtered text chat and only switched when a family member joined and has typing issues so I could still get the idea of what she was saying.

Questing is of course easier with help. If you have others to quest with it will go faster. When I solo I find ending worlds instances and any thing after Avalon can become an issue progressing at a reasonable rate with out help here and there more. If you do solo you must really become attuned to your school, it helps to learn it's strengths and weaknesses, it requires a little more planning and you must keep up with gear which may involve farming and/or crafting and possibly look into investing time in a pet that helps you.

Mary
Yes Mary I had the game sitting around for a while before i jumped in recently last year. And now thoroughly enjoy it :D