Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Helephant Tower: Hard + Long = Zero Reward

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Done Helephant Tower last night and couldn't even remotely make a dent in the final boss, the Storm boss with over 20,000 health. You have a guy dropping 700 plus Blizzards every round when he gets all his minions in place and his minions can start out with 3 power pips meaning they can and usually do an enhanced Earthquake (620 damage) all means you can't keep a shield on or have enough blade power to keep the minion count down enough to keep the the overly enhanced Blizzard from bombing you and your team every round...hope he doesn't decide to Storm Lord you right after that. Not to mention the few occasions that I was hit not once, not twice but three times in a row from a Blizzard attack. None of this was on the test...why test it then completely change it?
If there is a trick, you don't live long enough to learn it. Better start dropping the hints if you catch the tricks, Wizs. But let's say you can beat this and luck will be involved or some cheap tactic...what is the reward for this place? Only thing I've seen worth keeping and having...the level 60 Athame if you get it which you won't. The ring? You lose so much power pip percentage...the lower level school rings are automatically better. Have little need for the level 52 clothes and they don't even sell very well. So...what is the point and use of this place?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I've never been in there yet but it's for people who like challenges

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Thank you for voicing your concern at the difficulty of the tower. However, when people say there is a problem about something, KI changes it. This may be good for you, but the people who found the tower fun and challenging may not want it changed. So please don't tell us about your personal problems at defeating a place. Anyway, the reward isn't the gold,reagents, or items. It's the badge!
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
Talon Battleblade Master Theurgist
8)

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
well i got a fat zero too but i know why

i died and had to flee to heal to get back in and just as i was running to the ring lyon lorestriker was killed and we finished the minions in the next two rounds everyone got big stuff and i got a level 5 hat and my tower quest remains in my book.

i have to repeat it and have to be present in the round that lyon lorestriker is killed to get any thing

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
Thank you for voicing your concern at the difficulty of the tower. However, when people say there is a problem about something, KI changes it. This may be good for you, but the people who found the tower fun and challenging may not want it changed. So please don't tell us about your personal problems at defeating a place. Anyway, the reward isn't the gold,reagents, or items. It's the badge!
8)

Ok, agreed...maybe it's the badge. But let's face it, everyone that does Water Works isn't doing it for the badge, right? It's for the gear and it takes more than one trip to get those. One trip is all you need for the badge. The difficulty of the Helephant Tower makes doing more it more than once a mental issue for basically only 2 level 60 gear (only one that is worth anything)...that I know of. If there is more than that to get as a drop then educate me and others of this...it'll still prove my point more though. The drops are rather sorry for this long and difficult tower.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
8)There is a post on central saying that they got a mastery amulet(balance) as a drop from this tower so there is some logic in the madness. They were unsure if the other amulets were dropped as well though.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Muisak wrote:
Nicitas wrote:
8)

Ok, agreed...maybe it's the badge. But let's face it, everyone that does Water Works isn't doing it for the badge, right? It's for the gear and it takes more than one trip to get those. One trip is all you need for the badge. The difficulty of the Helephant Tower makes doing more it more than once a mental issue for basically only 2 level 60 gear (only one that is worth anything)...that I know of. If there is more than that to get as a drop then educate me and others of this...it'll still prove my point more though. The drops are rather sorry for this long and difficult tower.
I suppose you're right. Usually when someone complains about something, it is because they personally have a problem with it, and if KI listens to the complaint, that affects over 20,000,000 people. But there are things that need to be changed, like the drop rate in cl. And I really didnt get much from the Helephant tower, except this really cool myth hat :D .
8)

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Devil King wrote:
8)There is a post on central saying that they got a mastery amulet(balance) as a drop from this tower so there is some logic in the madness. They were unsure if the other amulets were dropped as well though.

Mastery Amulet drops would be pretty cool if that is the case or even the Lifeforce Blade. But, simply put...I can do Waterworks or Nastrond that are easier to handle, shorter time to do yet have drops that I can use as a Legendary wizard.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
Muisak wrote:
Nicitas wrote:
8)

I suppose you're right. Usually when someone complains about something, it is because they personally have a problem with it, and if KI listens to the complaint, that affects over 20,000,000 people. But there are things that need to be changed, like the drop rate in cl. And I really didnt get much from the Helephant tower, except this really cool myth hat :D .
8)

Yeah, I am cerain I am the minority (catching the sarcasm) on having a issue with Helephant Tower. And yes, KI would change something that the minority of people complains about such as Wild Bolt spell on Storm...no sarcasm there. If a wizard does this tower and gets the Lexicon Blade (finally found the name) athame on his first trip, beats tower then he's gotten all that this tower will offer that is worth getting. Your Myth hat is what, level 56? Even my Myth has no use for it. Other than the Lexicon Athame or Aeurate (spelling) Ring, everything else dropped has been level 52 to 56. Grant there are some level 56 items (school athames and rings) I like and use...they don't get dropped in the Helephant Tower. To rephrase a windy forum here...Helephant Tower is beatable but isn't worth doing more than once if you happen to catch the Lexicon Blade as a drop, period. If there are better drops there (Mastery Amulets, Lifeforce Blade, Legendary Clothing) then you have a decent reason to do it over and over...but even then Water Works and Nastrond takes less of my time to get drops I can use.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
The last boss really is a challenge, but pretty much what you should do is kill the minions first so he doesn't use blizzard, and the minions don't always use earthquake, so you'll get your chance to kill them(eventually).

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
there ARE rewards from the tower of the helephant! they are anthemes and wrings the antheme is Lexicon blade the ring is called Aureate band they are the BEST things you get from the tower

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
last boss hard drops legendary ring aurete band

first floor guys drop legendary athame lexicon blade
first floor also gives some gear with almost no critical or block but has huge attack and resist boost to that school it is if you have good team it can be fun here is good team
or a couple good teams
fire death storm life
fire storm myth life
balance storm fire life and or myth

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
the thing about this tower is that if you are not on the active ring fighting
when LyonLorestrikers dies you will get zilch

Explorer
Apr 29, 2009
hobi wrote:

Nah, been through it with 3 different wiz so far. Only one has gotten a level 60 item (Lexicon Blade). The other 2 lost out big...I may have gotten 5,000 to 10,000 in gold for the lower level items I did get and sold. I can get over 12,000 gold for one pendant fighting one (really weaker) boss and his sidekick in Wintertusk. Takes about 10 minutes to fight him...compared to the best time in Helephant Tower, 2 hours. A bunch of you argue about doing this tower but you can't beat common sense and logic. The tricks to making it easier to beat is bad strategy, even cheap. I bet y'all think having 10 dispels hooked onto you as a fair fight, right? And so far that has been the word as how to get through the first floor and last floor the easiest and quickiest. It's like Brisk Breeze on steroids (think back when you were level 50)...all the time and effort to fight it and your reward at the end...a ring for another school. At least items in Helephant Tower can be sold in the Bazaar.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I've gotten both the Legendary Ring and Athame from the tower, and others with me have gotten mastery Amulets. The last boss isn't easy, but it can be done with the right combination of wizards.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Muisak wrote:
hobi wrote:

Nah, been through it with 3 different wiz so far. Only one has gotten a level 60 item (Lexicon Blade). The other 2 lost out big...I may have gotten 5,000 to 10,000 in gold for the lower level items I did get and sold. I can get over 12,000 gold for one pendant fighting one (really weaker) boss and his sidekick in Wintertusk. Takes about 10 minutes to fight him...compared to the best time in Helephant Tower, 2 hours. A bunch of you argue about doing this tower but you can't beat common sense and logic. The tricks to making it easier to beat is bad strategy, even cheap. I bet y'all think having 10 dispels hooked onto you as a fair fight, right? And so far that has been the word as how to get through the first floor and last floor the easiest and quickiest. It's like Brisk Breeze on steroids (think back when you were level 50)...all the time and effort to fight it and your reward at the end...a ring for another school. At least items in Helephant Tower can be sold in the Bazaar.
Except my myth hat
8)