Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Heart of the Helaphant tower

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
I am an adult and I think the heart of the helaphant tower icheats way to much I Melissa LifeGiver and my friends went in to the tower just to be in there for 8 hours and still did not get to finish it because the bosses have to much helth and cheat to much. If they going to cheat like they do they should at least have less health. We got to last fight and tried to buy henchmen to help us but as soon as we did the boss kept using blizard till the hencmen were dead and the boss had all his minions with him. I feel that is a rip off on your crowns because the hencmen are suppos to be able to help you even if it is for 2 rounds

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
But you learned something about the first and last room cheats, yes? You are going to formulate a new strategy with your friends, yes? Almost everybody that goes through it the first time thinks, "Whoa, what the heck is this? This is crazy hard, impossible!"

Now look at all the "Liberator of the Helephant" titles running around the spiral. Look at all the Lexicon Blades and Aureate Bands folks are wearing.

Good luck on your quest for the Heart.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
That's a dungeon that's worth doing with 4 wizards, so hiring henchman wouldn't even be an issue.

Regarding the final fight, if you let Estrakir get full minions he will cast a huge blizzard every round. There are a couple ways to combat this. One way is to take an ice wizard with you and load up ice dispels on Estrakir. The other is to never let Estrakir get full minions.

I agree the first and last fight of that dungeon are a real challenge. They are the hardest PvE fights in the spiral. My main complaint is that for all the time and effort it takes to do that dungeon, I got what I would consider lousy drops from the monsters, not even very high value stuff to sell.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2009
Well, I am trying to read all ToH and Waterworks probs cuz i level 59 and half way to 60 :-D :-D :-D

Now i level 60 :-D :-D :-D

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You have to use strategy. There's a certain way to deal with each "cheating" boss.

There are several guides on Wizard101 Central. To these, i would add the following:

1) Pick a "Perfect" (quiet) server so that you won't have problems re-entering the tower when needed.

2) Have everybody put down a teleport mark at the entrance to the Tower. This makes fleeing, refilling health and mana, and returning faster. Be sure to put down another teleport mark each time you return.

3) Have each member go back to the games area, one at a time, and refill all potion bottles before proceeding to the last floor.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
puppydot1330 wrote:
I am an adult

.. euh.. lol?

really.

Beside that, there is no real interest in doing this tower, in my opinion, except for the badge. It's long, annoying -not hard- and you get nothing out of it worth the effort, not even the satisfaction to say "yay we did it".

Let me explain: fun is when you can try out strategies, different ways to do a thing, optimize your game and find a way to play a new fight every now and then. This tower is the opposite: there are three strategies and only those three, one being fleeing and coming back in turns, to kill in the right order, one using dispels all along, and kill in the right order, the third killing fast with chance, yet in the right order.
You will not be able to kill the annoying death boss first, because he is made to remain 'till last.
To make a comparision, in nastrond you could, with patience and good observation, get a chance to remove the death brother before the three others, wich makes for a nice change.

If you have a good team, sylster can also be killed first in waterworks, opening an interesting change to the fight. But here, it seems that devs cared so much to have you do the killing in the right way, that they made it so painful to go a different direction you will never want to.

Last fight is the same, wait for the second minion to appear, and cast a blow all, then repeat when necessary dispelling every now and then. And when, after four long and sleepy hours, you get your rewards, you discover that they are pretty much the same as those you could craft from wintertusk.

As a result, i played waterworks for 4 months now, and this tower only twice.. Not worth it.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
elvinlith wrote:

Let me explain: fun is when you can try out strategies, different ways to do a thing, optimize your game and find a way to play a new fight every now and then...
...You will not be able to kill the annoying death boss first, because he is made to remain 'till last.

Then you haven't figured out the right strategy for him, contradicting your own definition of fun.

If you pierce and shatter the death boss first, he goes down quick. That is the preffered method I like to see happen, because then you don't have to worry about leviathans or bone dragons.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
HooVooLoo wrote:

If you pierce and shatter the death boss first, he goes down quick.

Which enters the third method: killing fast and with chance.

I didnt mean that there is no way to kill the death guy, i mean that there is no opening to do it normally and once you do, there is no alternative story going on.

Yes, true, you can keep shattering and piercing, and dispelling the first one to keep your blades, or just use melt and defuses (=using dispels, the first strategy i mentioned)
Which means a long annoying fight and requires to do the tower only with people having some working neurons in their brain (read: no selfish kids allowed).

Well I personally prefer to play with casual encounters than to plan 6 months ahead who will enter my group and have them pass a q.i. test, but i guess that is a matter of choices.

In all cases, the matter stands: rewards (feeling and material) are just not worth the time and gold spent (for treasure cards - at best of my knowledge shatter is not trainable as a secondary school, for example).

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
HooVooLoo wrote:
elvinlith wrote:

Let me explain: fun is when you can try out strategies, different ways to do a thing, optimize your game and find a way to play a new fight every now and then...
...You will not be able to kill the annoying death boss first, because he is made to remain 'till last.

Then you haven't figured out the right strategy for him, contradicting your own definition of fun.

If you pierce and shatter the death boss first, he goes down quick. That is the preffered method I like to see happen, because then you don't have to worry about leviathans or bone dragons.

Don't forget steal ward. :-P

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
elvinlith wrote:
puppydot1330 wrote:
I am an adult

.. euh.. lol?

really.

Beside that, there is no real interest in doing this tower, in my opinion, except for the badge. It's long, annoying -not hard- and you get nothing out of it worth the effort, not even the satisfaction to say "yay we did it".

I think annoying is the perfect word for these dungeons but I actually call them silly, as for the fun in this game it ends half way though Mooshu and I am not a kid but most all of my friends are and I see way less others with me in this area meaning - it is where the family part of the game drops off and kids loose interest and if they don't they are done when they have to walk the streets of DragonSprye alone - it is down right scary, depressing and lonely there.

Because I have a highest level life I have been though all of the big dungeons - some when I don't even have the quest myself, some several times. They are long drawn out slug feasts. I find no challenge in something I have to map out and plan in detail or die every time in. I did Waterworks once - two of four had to leave after first few fights leaving just the two of us to finish. Kids do not have time for these areas and I have older friends that find mid Mooshu and above to stressful and they only complete a few fights a night and have to quit it to rest. I recommend they start a new Wizard, don't worry about completing the entire game, the beginning of the game is the most fun, up until mid Mooshu is where most of my younger friends loose interest too, those who go on quit when they are faced with the lonely, scary streets of DragonSpyre.

These types of dungeons actually bore me - first you have to figure it out, die and port back, fight and then fight some more, endless aggravations.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2011
i have been through both of those dungeons without die ing and it was firely easy and also it was with a group of people that i had never met its all about your mindset i have been playing for about 3 months my wife and daughter plays i have been legendary for more than half that time and i also get enjoyment out of helping first timers through those dungeons hearing well seeing someone thats legendary say you are awsome or you rock and when they say ty you know they mean it i am impaitent for new worlds and items but just sitting in front of those two gauntlets waiting for some newbies although they are legendary and helping them through those dungeons makes it so much fun and when the new worlds come i will still be here and ready its always something to do by helping up comming players not just bettering yourself thats what makes it so much fun for me