Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatch Maker: someone please clarify . . .

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2015
Someone who knows for sure, please tell me; is below information only for when you hatch a pet or when you offer your pet for hatching, do you get the Hatch Pepper for each successful hatching other initate with your pet?

You will receive a new “Hatch Pepper” reagent after successfully hatching a pet with the new Hatchmaking system. See Doctor Purreau for recipes that use these Hatch Peppers.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
greenwinds on Apr 13, 2018 wrote:
Someone who knows for sure, please tell me; is below information only for when you hatch a pet or when you offer your pet for hatching, do you get the Hatch Pepper for each successful hatching other initate with your pet?

You will receive a new “Hatch Pepper” reagent after successfully hatching a pet with the new Hatchmaking system. See Doctor Purreau for recipes that use these Hatch Peppers.
When you hatch with a pet you find in the kiosk you get the egg with the new pet but do not receive a hatching pepper.

When you offer a pet and someone else hatches with it you will be notified of the hatch and receive a hatch pepper.

If you want to hatch back with the pet they used you can (using any pet in your backpack as your side of the hatch). They do not get a hatch pepper for that and you do not get a second hatch pepper for hatching back.

I hope that helps

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
OK, not much of a reason to offer pets to hatch with then . . . and a very good reason not to craft the hatchMaker for house... Thank you . . . couldn't figure out how to get 250 hatch paappers for that recipe then.

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
whoops! just got notice that someone hatched with my offered pet and I got a Hatch Pepper; so huess there is a reward for offering pets to hatch.