Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hardcore Gamers

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Hey, I am wondering what hardcore gamers do to say that they are hardcore gamers. I hear that alot of people say that there is alot of hardcore gamers that play Wizard101 but I don't understand what exactly people think of as a hardcore gamer. Can someone please respond and tell me what they think a hardcore gamer is.

Thanks,
Dylan Death, level 54 grandmaster death
Blaze Fire level 60 legendary fire

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
easy some one like me who build the computer just for gaming
and sits for hours playing the games
and is involved in more then one game at a time.

and will help out other newbs [new players] to learn the ropes

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010

Maybe somebody is pulling your leg.
There's certainly some minmaxing done, and a lot of thought can go into deck building, but this is a pretty casual game.
Not that I'm not grateful. I've personally had my fill of recount spam, gearscore, aggro meters, vent hissyfits, and moving out of fire.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Dillon7265 wrote:
Hey, I am wondering what hardcore gamers do to say that they are hardcore gamers. I hear that alot of people say that there is alot of hardcore gamers that play Wizard101 but I don't understand what exactly people think of as a hardcore gamer. Can someone please respond and tell me what they think a hardcore gamer is.

Thanks,
Dylan Death, level 54 grandmaster death
Blaze Fire level 60 legendary fire

My definition (right or wrong) of a hardcore gamer is someone who is so into achieving their goal of being the supreme gamer... that they will do or say anything to others to get there. And then they wave there supremecy just because...

People can spend hours playing a game - I do that. People can have goals to be the best player they can be - that's good, they should. Some people analyze everything about the game - good if helps you improve and you help others with your knowledge.

Now, I consider myself to be a good "pilot" or a "wingman" in battle - so I don't mind helping others (whether it's to hit ot not to hit.)

But then you run into someone who is about your same level - who yells, calls you names, and is rude because you accidentally used a trap and ruined their BIG hit - and you were the first one fighting. Oh, and then, they demand "blade me"... yeah - whatever. Play solo then.

Or you are level 30 and sign up for practice PVP. A legendary joins your practice 1v1. Kills you instantly and calls you a noob... Sorry why did you choose my match - what was the point? - Oh right, cause you felt like beating up on an easy target.

This is my first on-line game experience. I have learned a lot since I first started. I have met ALL kinds of people along the way. These type of people upset me before, especially when these incidents first happened. Now, I just leave.

To me these "hardcore gamers" are all about being/making themselves great that they do it at the expense of others. It's not the person who spends 5 hours a day playing or bought a laptop just for gaming - cause that's me! :-)

Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 60 death
Nora SeaStone lvl 52 storm
Ellie Winterbane lvl 17 ice