Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hard work - Low pay

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I am posting this in concern of the chances of getting certain items as drops from monsters, such as mastery amulets, rare reagents such as sunstones, level 60 gears, and many mny other things. A person may fight for hours looking for these items and not get it, which in a way is like wasting a couple hours of your life. I think they need to increase the chances of getting items.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
The solution to this has been pointed out before.

When you are given a quest to collect something, look at the map in your spellbook. You'll find an icon for the thing you have to fight in order to collect whatever it is.

go to that icon to fight it.

Yeah, you might find the same enemy all over the place but the farther you are from the icon on your map, the less chance there is that the enemies you're defeating will drop what you're after. If you really want to collect with only a few fights, then make sure you are fighting those enemies as close to the icon on your map as possible.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I completely agree with you, but I don't know...people have been concerned about this for a while. I think that's just the way it's gonna be.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
bravevline wrote:
I am posting this in concern of the chances of getting certain items as drops from monsters, such as mastery amulets, rare reagents such as sunstones, level 60 gears, and many mny other things. A person may fight for hours looking for these items and not get it, which in a way is like wasting a couple hours of your life. I think they need to increase the chances of getting items.

I have got sunstone easily in the past, but I didn't even know you can get mastery amulets from drops, please tell me where! Lol

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
EvanJadepetal wrote:
bravevline wrote:

I have got sunstone easily in the past, but I didn't even know you can get mastery amulets from drops, please tell me where! Lol

Check out this link to the fansite. Just click on whichever school you are looking for:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Alternate_School_Power_Pip_Amulets

I just LOVE Wizard101Central and WIKI ! !

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I used to realm-hop a lot... Even if it took 3-4 hours, I'd eventually find what I needed.

PS: If you know how to transmute, so much the better. I forget where the transmutation spells are purchased (think it's from the crafting/recipe vendors); you also need a reagent-crafting station. The process may or may not be annoying, depending on your preference (I, personally, LOATHE crafting, with every fibre of my being), but it's usually cheaper and quicker than hunting down all the stuff.

Hope this helps!