Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Handsome Fomori vs. Catalan

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I have Fomori Giant and Catalan on my Death Wizard ( I regret I went on a mad card pack buying spree in an attempt to get Death Knight-still don't have it. D'oh!) I've tried to use Catalan in PVP, (I am terrible at PVP, but that is another story) yet feel bad for my poor Handsome Fomori Spell. As there is probably no way i'll ever use it because it just a weaker version of Catalan. Therefore, let it be resolved: That Handsome Fomori get a buff. Maybe the minus accuracy can be upped to -50% or -25% to all enemies or maybe a -30% weakness or something. Anything! However, as is I feel that Fomori Giant is just a watered down version of Catalan. It makes me cry at night...

(I'd also be happy if you'd let me give my Handsome Fomori spell on my wizard to my , please? haha)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
exp613 on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
I have Fomori Giant and Catalan on my Death Wizard ( I regret I went on a mad card pack buying spree in an attempt to get Death Knight-still don't have it. D'oh!) I've tried to use Catalan in PVP, (I am terrible at PVP, but that is another story) yet feel bad for my poor Handsome Fomori Spell. As there is probably no way i'll ever use it because it just a weaker version of Catalan. Therefore, let it be resolved: That Handsome Fomori get a buff. Maybe the minus accuracy can be upped to -50% or -25% to all enemies or maybe a -30% weakness or something. Anything! However, as is I feel that Fomori Giant is just a watered down version of Catalan. It makes me cry at night...

(I'd also be happy if you'd let me give my Handsome Fomori spell on my wizard to my , please? haha)
what level are you?
if you've beaten the indigo giant in avalon, just craft the spell (after the fight ends, the vendor becomes available).

my balance wizard has luminous weaver (life) and brimstone revenant (fire) from packs; she did win a fire mastery amulet from darkmoor, but i'm pretty sure she'll never use either of them. i so wish we could trade those dropped/pack spells too lol.

i'm not lucky enough for good drops. so, after months of frustration with farming, i just crafted the spells i wanted as soon as that became an option~ loremaster and savage paw for balance, and deer knight for death. never bothered with catalan or weaver... might craft krampus for fire, if that's a thing (my 6th wizard is myth and, afaik, they don't have a craftable spell unless one was added in the months i've been away).

the only thing that's hard to find is the amber... but just farm tartarus or transmute it (it also drops from bosses in polaris, if you have any exalted/prodigious wizards);trying to garden for it is a waste of time.

also, handsome fomori is ice and catalan is storm~ ice is supposed to be weaker than storm, and accuracy debuffs are storm/fire's thing anyway, so leave both spells as they are (or maybe change handsome fomori's after-effect to a stun, or something ice-related).

/my 2 cents for what they're worth.

-von

prodigious
exalted
transcendent
magus

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I know I can craft them. It's just a matter of collecting all the reagents. I have some Elder King Parsley's I'm waiting to harvest till the next Member Gardening Boost Weekend thing. I don't have any more King Parseley's though and I don't really want to buy them. I have got some Amber from the dungeon in Aquila, but I just need to do a whole bunch more if I want Deer Knight on my Death and Balance and Balance to get his spells and Ice their spells etc. etc. So much Amber!

Back to the Buffing issue, I understand your point about the debuff being a / thing. has Winter Moon that already has a Stun with it so maybe we could switch it to a -20% Tower Shield to self? (10-30% I think would work well.)