Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hair Styles!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2011
186
Sniper Rose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
One thing to do now is have a party for this! Thanks for the thousands upon thousands of wizards that wanted this to happen, happen! We all thank you and do not mind if it's crowns but can you make it gold to? Like 50,000 gold for one cut cause when by Wintertusk when you get that amount of gold, you must oft gotten tired of your old cut and I made a good haircut in the beginning so I won't need to spend crowns. Also can you just make it another area where lvl 9+ can go to cause at lvl 7, you unlock Pet Pavillion and at lvl 11, you unlock Crab Alley so it should be right in the middle. So here is what happens at lvl 9. Merle: Hurry wizard, we have something that you will probably wanna hear if you made a wrong choice in the beginning of the game. Also if you don't just like the hair. Merle: Welcome (your name) _____________ we found out how to make haircuts now. You notice Merle has gotten a new haircut and will keep on doing that every time you see him. Merle: So you should know bout the haircuts cause you lived on Earth. A professional hair stylish wizard knows bout this. Hmm ... Olivia Stormcloud is her name. EASTER EGG and lol cause it recently was Easter! So you go to her and she greets you and says this. Olivia Stormcloud: Welcome to another Youtube video everyone ... I mean hello wizard. Whats that? I do Youtube on MissCourtneyOliva. You should sub to her and in the game it will be me. Well wizard? Wanna get a haircut style? Ok. Since this is your first one I'll give it to you for free and make sure it's pretty good. We'll also have more haircut styles in the future. I just gotta learn them! After haircut. Wow, you look nice! Hope you enjoy it and remember it is 50,000 gold for everyone after it! Bye and please do come again!
I don't know if they would advertise Courtney. xD

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
120
Sniper Rose on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
One thing to do now is have a party for this! Thanks for the thousands upon thousands of wizards that wanted this to happen, happen! We all thank you and do not mind if it's crowns but can you make it gold to? Like 50,000 gold for one cut cause when by Wintertusk when you get that amount of gold, you must oft gotten tired of your old cut and I made a good haircut in the beginning so I won't need to spend crowns. Also can you just make it another area where lvl 9+ can go to cause at lvl 7, you unlock Pet Pavillion and at lvl 11, you unlock Crab Alley so it should be right in the middle. So here is what happens at lvl 9. Merle: Hurry wizard, we have something that you will probably wanna hear if you made a wrong choice in the beginning of the game. Also if you don't just like the hair. Merle: Welcome (your name) _____________ we found out how to make haircuts now. You notice Merle has gotten a new haircut and will keep on doing that every time you see him. Merle: So you should know bout the haircuts cause you lived on Earth. A professional hair stylish wizard knows bout this. Hmm ... Olivia Stormcloud is her name. EASTER EGG and lol cause it recently was Easter! So you go to her and she greets you and says this. Olivia Stormcloud: Welcome to another Youtube video everyone ... I mean hello wizard. Whats that? I do Youtube on MissCourtneyOliva. You should sub to her and in the game it will be me. Well wizard? Wanna get a haircut style? Ok. Since this is your first one I'll give it to you for free and make sure it's pretty good. We'll also have more haircut styles in the future. I just gotta learn them! After haircut. Wow, you look nice! Hope you enjoy it and remember it is 50,000 gold for everyone after it! Bye and please do come again!
It's okay idea jake344, but it would probably be a lot of reprogramming, especially the part with Headmaster Ambrose (I didn't know you were on a first name basis with him). also they probably can't say 'YouTube' for copyright reasons (is YouTube copyrighted?) And then they DEFINITLY can't advertise MissCourtneyOlivia. it's fine in the crown shop and I don't think we need ANOTHER place to remember to go to.
As for the actual test realm hair-do, I LOVE it! I think 50,000 gold or 500 crowns is a little much but what about 500 or 5,000 gold? Simply because I'm not going to use money to buy a VIRTUAL haircut!

Survivor
May 30, 2010
28
Am I the only person in North America who wishes that at least one of the girls' styles featured hair that is actually, demonstrably LONG? I find that all 5 of these styles (male and female) are far too similar. Whoever designed this first batch must not like long hair one tiny bit. Boys' hair is very Beatles or Leave it to Beaver. Girls' hair is flapper bobs and one fairly sad beehive.

Neither 'do with accessory allows you to dye the accessory band to match your outfit, so unless you like brown for boys and some sort of peculiar red shade for girls, it's going to clash. Guys should probably have at least one style with a headband (not an Alice band, really) and girls should be able to get a 'do with goggles.

Grumpy, aren't I? But I'm really very disappointed that there's not a single long hairstyle for either gender.

Delver
Jul 09, 2010
296
I like the new hair styles but wish there were many more to choose from. I like that you can stitch it to a stat hat so you don't lose abilities just because you didn't want to wear a hat or liked the new style.

But I wish you Could put a hat on. I want to wear the new little bob cut with the witches hats.

And at Halloween I'm hoping they will bring out a version of the current girls Halloween Hat that doesn't have the funky hair hanging out, but you get the cool hat with your characters regular hair showing. So in that case I'd want to wear the new hair with that version of the Halloween Hat.

Or - If coding wise it must be this way (with no additions or changes once the hair is chosen) I ask that at Halloween they bring out a new version of the Girls Witch Hat that is the same hat as it is now - but the brim is tipped up a bit so you can see her face - and the hair hanging out is very long Veronica Lake waves hanging down. (Just long wavy hair) But that the hat and hair are dye-able. You could call the Hat "base" and the Hair "trim".

I also wish the new hair was added to the regular character creation menu. The crown price could be for changing hair later when your bored or changing the color of the hair.

Maybe it would be possible/ necessary to allow an extra stitch step. "Accessorizing"

For example

1 ugly "stat hat" + stitched to a pretty "look" swashbuckler hat = Pretty Stat Swashbuckler Hat

next transaction

1 Pretty Stat Swashbuckler Hat + Accessorized to new hair style hair = new hairstyle under Pretty Stat Swashbuckler Hat

Un-stiching Note

When you Un-stitch anything you should get back the two pieces that were stitched in the last state they were in before stitching. So if you un-stich that Pretty Stat Swashbuckler Hat from the New Hairstyle Hair you should get a Pretty Stat Swashbuckler Hat and a Hair Style Not the original Ugly Stat Hat & a Hair Style

(which is a problem in Test Realm at this time.)

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
59
Katherine the Fair on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
should be sold with gold. this might sound weird. but. they should be sold by secret vendors and you could buy them with gold. they wouldn't be crazy expensive like 30000, but more like 900-1000. how does it sound to you wizards out there? Stay Cool!

-Katherine Shadowthief
lvl 30 Necromacer
i agree

Administrator
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Apr 14, 2013 wrote:
Am I the only person in North America who wishes that at least one of the girls' styles featured hair that is actually, demonstrably LONG? I find that all 5 of these styles (male and female) are far too similar. Whoever designed this first batch must not like long hair one tiny bit. Boys' hair is very Beatles or Leave it to Beaver. Girls' hair is flapper bobs and one fairly sad beehive.

Neither 'do with accessory allows you to dye the accessory band to match your outfit, so unless you like brown for boys and some sort of peculiar red shade for girls, it's going to clash. Guys should probably have at least one style with a headband (not an Alice band, really) and girls should be able to get a 'do with goggles.

Grumpy, aren't I? But I'm really very disappointed that there's not a single long hairstyle for either gender.
While we appreciate your feedback, you missed the last sentence of the Hair Styles update.

"As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories."

In other words, if these hairstyles do well, we'll add more and we'll be looking to our community for suggestions on what they'd like to see.


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
4
I love the idea of hair styles, but have to agree that making them available for either crowns or gold might be a good idea for those who are at their gold limit and looking for ways to spend it, since it would cost crowns if they want to stitch it into their stats. Would also like to see a wider variety of styles as many of the ones being tested either look a lot alike or are either to young or to old for my personal liking. Perhaps even a in each world a salon reflecting styles for those worlds such as ancient Egyptian for Krok or viking style for Grizzleheim, ect. School styles would be nice to such as something Goth for death or hippie flower child for life. One idea my daughter had was for highlights so that you could have two colors to match you gear as well as an addition to the dye shop for them should you want to change your color. Would also like to see some long styles either straight or curly. Another idea that comes to mind are Mohawks for the guys and a french braid for gals. The guys might even like the options for beards or mustaches. Beatrice Wildwind in Wysteria has a style I would love to have. This is a great item with endless possibilities that I am sure the artists and programmers at KI will be able to do a lot with.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
403
Professor Greyrose on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
While we appreciate your feedback, you missed the last sentence of the Hair Styles update.

"As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories."

In other words, if these hairstyles do well, we'll add more and we'll be looking to our community for suggestions on what they'd like to see.
Nice. I think they will do well.

I'd like to see an option to have hair that looked like my wizards' regular hair, but without a hat (obvious right?)

Anyway, thanks for adding a hair feature. It's a good start.

Delver
Jul 09, 2010
296
Professor Greyrose on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
While we appreciate your feedback, you missed the last sentence of the Hair Styles update.

"As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories."

In other words, if these hairstyles do well, we'll add more and we'll be looking to our community for suggestions on what they'd like to see.
My fear is that they won't do well enough - owing to the problems - to ever get us to a broad variety of new hair styles.

Problems Probably Diminishing the Popularity of the New Hair Styles

  • Both styles being short and not what many wanted; means that many may not buy the new styles - even if they would buy different styles. That would give a false idea of the "popularity". (Were the short styles really the most popular on that Hair Feedback Friday?)
  • Many people will be shy about performing this Stitch if KI doesn't fix the current situation with losing previous stitches in the UN-Stitching process. (Say I had stitched my Christmas hat to a good stat hat - but wanted to stitch to hair for the Summer - and Un-Stitch again at Christmas time - but as it is now I'd lose my Christmas hat altogether and end up with Hair in one column and the non-Christmas Stat Hat I had stitched previously.)
  • This same problem with losing that hypothetical Christmas Hat - also means that people lose the crown money they spent in that first Stitch process... that is going to bother as many people as losing their fun or pretty hats - some had to be won or were rewards - some are No-Trade items and can't even be gotten by another character and passed through the Shared Bank.
Please allow us to submit drawings and vote or showcase and see which are the most popular sstyles submitted.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
11
Love the idea of not having to wear a hat for stats. I will buy them just to make sure that they are popular enough for you to add new ones. When you do, can you please have some long hair styles or long curly hair :) Thanks!

Survivor
May 30, 2010
28
Professor Greyrose on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
While we appreciate your feedback, you missed the last sentence of the Hair Styles update.

"As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories."

In other words, if these hairstyles do well, we'll add more and we'll be looking to our community for suggestions on what they'd like to see.
I didn't, really. But how can you gauge the popularity of a hairstyle you've not even offered? I'd believe that if I'd seen at least one short, one medium and one long style for each gender, but five shorts both ways doesn't cut it. (No pun intended.)

'S cool. I'm used to being the odd one out on stuff like this. I'm just a little disappointed, even if I did sound unfairly grumpy when I first posted. I hadn't meant it to sound that way; I should probably use more emoticons.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
2
Now they should make it so you can change your in-game hair possibly at dye shop? for a price... :)

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
44
I just wish there was a long wavy style for the girls and maybe some long dreads for boys or a mohawk.

I also really like Aedan11's request to be allowed to send in drawings or pictures of hairstyles and add the most popular to the game. We did send in costume ideas before. The same process would work for this too.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
79
I have to agree with Aedan.

I appreciate that KI has worked hard to make this available to us, but I am not keen on the hair styles that are being offered at present. I worry that this concept will be dropped due to lack on interest in the offered hair styles, not because of the concept itself.

If you could offer the hair styles that already exist, I think that this could be a successful concept.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
20
I can't wait until the hairstyles come into live realm. My Favorite is the swan so far. I will defintly buy that hairstyle for all my characters. (which is 6th)

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
86
Historian
May 06, 2009
630
Maria Fairystaff on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
Why do you people need to make everything cost crowns why not gold i have too much anyway i cant collect anymore.
The KI community has gradually grown bigger from it's previous days. The old staff community was small, didn't have much and didn't need much. Now here we are with 30+ million players, a larger staff group (like 101+) and opperating 2 games. If everything also costed gold, people would instantly go for gold and KI would barely make a profit. By limiting the number of this for gold, KI can gain the decent revenue it needs to support the new games, graphics, writers, art stylists, developers etc. You have noticed a change in things from the 1st Ac and 2nd outside of the difficulty, no? If you ran KI, would you let 30 million players have their way only for you to have to end up closing shop because barely anyone was buying anything other than membership and the occassional crown users? I do agree that a few more things could cost gold, but, honestly, I can live with and without crown items.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
108
Professor Greyrose on Apr 15, 2013 wrote:
While we appreciate your feedback, you missed the last sentence of the Hair Styles update.

"As we gauge the popularity of these Hair Styles, we may look to add new styles both with and without accessories."

In other words, if these hairstyles do well, we'll add more and we'll be looking to our community for suggestions on what they'd like to see.
Well as far as things we'd like to see, i'd say start off with the hair stiles we have with our hats, only without the hat.

From there i'd say braids like those seen on some of the female bears in GH, a samurai stile top knot to go with the look of our MS gear, a Caesar cut for those who like to keep it extra short, and just for fun, a mohawk, or similar punk music inspired hair stile to go with the rocker outfit you get from the Crab Ally quest.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
254
Hair styles are awesome! Please bring them to the live realm!

Destiny Windgem level 32 diviner (who is eagerly waiting for the arrival of hair styles in the live realm)

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
254
Sniper Rose on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Uh, I agree with the 30,000 gold cause their crown items! Not anything you can find in the BAZZAR!
me too

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
3
I have seen three of the five hairstyles in the crown shop, but unable to find "The Swan" and The Owl". If I sort in alphabetical order, they should all be together right? Am I missing something here

Survivor
May 26, 2012
1
Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
21
Thank you kingsilsle for adding this, its a great feature to have been added as you say you may be adding more, maybe use the hairs you can get when you start the game? just a thought. but anyway thanks KI really good job

Delver
Sep 01, 2009
268
mdperalta on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
I have seen three of the five hairstyles in the crown shop, but unable to find "The Swan" and The Owl". If I sort in alphabetical order, they should all be together right? Am I missing something here
All the hairstyles are available if you click the amulet button in the crowns menu. Took me a few minutes to figure it out, and was able to purchase the longer bob from there. Hope this helps. :) Erin Ice Weaver, level 83.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
1
i think that the hair styles are really nice but i still wan the new no hat crown shop item