Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

H-o-u-s-e-s!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 27, 2008
Just wanted to know, what's your opinion on houses?

I've been wanting to buy a house for a while now, and each time I get to a new world, I tell myself, "Wait to see the next houses. They may be better." (I know. Cheap me. ) But I really like the MooShu houses, and I've been considering buying them. So, what's your opinion on houses? Which one is the best, and why?

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
lucky8898 wrote:
Just wanted to know, what's your opinion on houses?

I've been wanting to buy a house for a while now, and each time I get to a new world, I tell myself, "Wait to see the next houses. They may be better." (I know. Cheap me. ) But I really like the MooShu houses, and I've been considering buying them. So, what's your opinion on houses? Which one is the best, and why?

I JUST LOVE THE NEW WYSTERIA HOUSE!

But...its really expensive. I myself have the Playhouse, bought from the Commons, and I'm almost level 30 myself. But I like it because there is not super-advanced space like the Sun palace, which I'll review later, and I have it also :D But back to the subject, its just enough space, their is 6 rooms all evenly spaced. There is a small beach and a ACTING PLACE OMGG!!

Yah, so on to the MooShu houses. I like the bigger one, its more spaced. But, I also love the small one.

Then for crowns those houses, I would always pick ice house cause i'm Ice, but if I really had to choose, it would be the Balance house. So even and spaced out, but I also adore the Fire house!!

Thanks for listening to my relpy and please reply back yourself!!

-Rebecca, 29 Ice!!

IM A CHEESE WAFFLE :D

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
If you really like a house, that is the one I think you should buy. :)

You probably don't have to wait until you can go to a world to see their houses, since on YouTube there are videos about most houses. And did you look at the ones in the crown shop too? Those can be bought with gold.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Personally I have bought a lot of houses. Those wizards have come and gone so now I buy the Play House from wizard city. It's a modest investment for a house that holds all I need to hold for my future wizards. I spend my gold on gear since I solo a lot I need the best for the level I am at. This way if I do delete the wizard later on I am not so bummed about losing the house. I only keep what I like and sell/toss/feed to pet the rest.

The only thing I would suggest in the end is, don't buy the cheaper house in each world, I ran out of room on all of them and I no longer keep everything like I did with my first wizard, yard and house space is very limited in them.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
If you really wanna go all out and are filthy rich with gold go for the myth house :D thats what i have.

Destiny DeathBlade
Level 58 Myth

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
jmirchin wrote:
I JUST LOVE THE NEW WYSTERIA HOUSE!

Me too. What a great house for any type of wizard!

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
That depends on what you like, and what you intend to use the house for! I have the Life House, Dragon's Fjord, and second Mooshu House (the larger one). All of the crowns houses are big and fancy and most have secret passages, but not everyone likes mansions. (And not everyone has crowns or 100,000 gold.) If you keep wanting to look at the next house, and the next, try finding some higher level friend that can drop you off at the next housing shop. I would suggest touring them all thoroughly, and imagining putting furniture in each one and considering which room will be used for what. Also, remember that houses typically only look good when they are filled with furniture (not just some scattered around), so if you can't afford to furnish a larger house-or just don't want to-don't buy it.
As for the best house, there really is none. My favorite is the Life House, but everyone has a different opinion.
If you really like the Mooshu house, I would get it, and remember that you can have up to three houses! :D

Defender
May 19, 2012
My opinion, I don't like any of the houses in the game, because of the limited decorating space. Huge areas of ground on which nothing can be placed, or trees and bushes and other decor are already placed, limiting where you can place these same items given in game. Carpets cannot be placed near doorways or entryways, and even some wall hanging items are limited on where you can place them. Also, although wands can be displayed, often times when you return to the house, the school emblem ends up being buried in the walls so they can't be seen, and all you can do is either leave it, or remove the item and place it again and hope that next time you return to your house it isn't buried in the wall again. I have decorated all of two houses and use the rest for storage purposes only. That's about all they are good for. I am hoping for better housing to be offered in the future, though I don't think we can anticipate a better decorating system, despite the archaic decorating system being used in the game.

Defender
May 24, 2012
I have a Wizard City castle and I love it. LOTS of yard, water feature, playhouse, 3 levels for anything that needs to be done. My Life wizard is looking at the townhouse in MB. Just big enough + some grass, and a bonus room for trophies. I looked in Wysteria and couldn't find the real estate office. Can someone tell me where it is?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
I have a Wizard City castle and I love it. LOTS of yard, water feature, playhouse, 3 levels for anything that needs to be done. My Life wizard is looking at the townhouse in MB. Just big enough + some grass, and a bonus room for trophies. I looked in Wysteria and couldn't find the real estate office. Can someone tell me where it is?

Beware of the Townhouse in MB, I got that for my storm wizard and she could only put 50 things out side, which includes that room, inside was fine for me. I really liked the town house though.

The Wyesteria house is under the "Shop" button on top of your screen to the left. It is quite impressive but would want it for a wizard I was sure was going the long haul or one I had to dump gold on.