Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Great Reasons I Delete

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
Selective but not cruel when it comes to deleting friends. There are great reasons to delete after you've given a friend on your list fair warning and a reason to change. This warrants deleting for me:

1. Pathological lying.
2. Never willing(though able) to help with quests but always asks for help.
3. Doesn't get the concept or have an understanding that afk means afk.
4. A person quits playing or hasn't logged on since the day they were added.
5. The unhealthy need for attention is so great they create drama
6. Cringe when the person logs on or happy when they log off.
7. Have to set to "hide online presence" because a particular friend is on.
8. Becomes overly annoying, jealous, possessive, or clingy
9. Ports to me while I'm in battle and leaves repeatedly after more beasts join.
10. A non-chat friend who doesn't "Get it" and keeps sending message after message exhausting your "what to say" options from chat menu.
Wish there were more options like: "Please stop sending messages, I'll port to help when I can!"
11. Bringing their friends who hit on you or you dislike your location on game, knowing you find the person repulsive.
12. A friend who wont take no for an answer or threatens to delete you if you refuse to add all the friends from his/her list(s).

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
All good reasons. And all indicative of persons who needs to do a bit more mental growing up before they are ready to contribute to a party or friendship in a useful way.

My main one is:

Friending me, saying one or two words, then asking me how many crowns I have. That merits instant delete. Calling me a noob, cursing, or telling me your going to 'rip off my face', just reinforces the descision to delete and block since it proves your severely lacking in maturity, morals, and self-respect.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I sometimes delete for these reasons except 7. (Big Friend List, i welcome all Wizards to it lol), but to delete your Friends for hiding from Friends REALLY neccasary?

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I think you just about covered it oh and:

If they ask you to give them crowns. Here's the deal I dont really KNOW you and crowns are REAL money so, I am more then likely going to say no. Then I delete them because I think the only reason they wanted to add me was to use me. It happens, but I have better things to do with my time.

Also if i add you and you dont even bother to text me occaisionally I assume you have better things to do and I delete. I get that people have lives and respect their playing time. But if we just met and i have no more room and met and interesting or good player to team up with. More than likely I am gonna let you go. be free lol.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
4. A person quits playing or hasn't logged on since the day they were added.

Just curious...how do you identify whether or not they have logged on...?

Maybe they logged on and off while you were not on the game?

I think it would be a good feature to add to the friends' list, so that we do know for a fact whether or not they have logged on recently. It would be a big help with housecleaning on the list. :?

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Agreed! Those are pretty much the very same reasons I've deleted 'friends" from my lists also.
The one that has me leery of friending many is the fact they immediately ask if I'll gift them. They get zapped from the list right then and there.