Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

GrandMasters, Wintertusk or Celestia!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Okay, this is to help all of the new Grandmasters!

If you are unsure about which world to do first, the answer, if you take my recommendation, is Wintertusk!

A lot of people have complained that Celestia is too hard...

So, KI, has made Wintertusk... You can easily go from Grandmaster to Level 58, by doing all the quests and side quests in Wintertusk... You can craft gear that will be very valuable to you when questing...

You will learn more about cheating bosses and how to defeat them...
You will get your new spells and a new pet to help you on your way...

So, to all those wondering, which world first, I highly recommend Wintertusk first, then get to Legendary in Celestia!

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Great idea. then we'll have less grandmasters running around wintertusk with those useless higher level astral spells like vengeance and gargantuan, cause they'll be level 58 and have never been to the floating land or the stellarium. -eli and crew

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I second that motion. I am currently finishing up GH to level my Death in Wintertusk.

I really hope KI will make more additions like Wintertusk. It is challenging and fun! It reminded me of when I first started playing Wizard.

Celestia is is stressful and not particularly fun for me.

Megan

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Considering the first thing you fight in wintertusk are ice elites and most bosses so far are the same ice boss, I'm not so sure about that. Most enemies in wintertusk are also pretty much on par with Celestia enemies as well, just with a little bit less health. Fire crabs have 1040hp and the fire things in the science center have a little over 1200hp iirc where as the fire wolves for example only have 880hp. The only storm I've faced only had 660hp iirc, though, he could still storm lord if you didn't take him out quick enough.

The crafted gear is really good though, but if they don't craft what does it matter? I crafted my fire, death, and balance gear before I could get there too since they aren't frozen like the first venders are in winter tusk. All of their gear pops up in the bazaar from time to time though.

Both are going to be hard though until set up your deck to be as effective as possible and sticking to your school spells as they won't waste the time spamming weakness and using low levels spells.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
While this is true. Many of the 58 spell quests will require you to go to celestia and well if you dont have the area unlocked you can't get the spell.

Plus celestia offers a lot of side quests that will give you training points for a new side school whether it be moon,star,or sun spells( you can use the training points on anything really)

So while you can just go to wintertusk i would recommend finishing celestia don't do any side quests except the ones that give you your training points. And just from the storyline you should be 58 and then use wintertusk to fill that gap 58-60.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hey darth,

That's exactly what I plan to do with my 3 remaining wizards when they are at the right level. Wintertusk is a perfect place to take on the learning curve required to enjoy the early areas of CL, and the gear drops are extremely helpful in CL.

I am personally grateful for the addition of Wintertusk at this level, because starting Celestia without the benefit of Wintertusk XP, critical rating, and other gear enhancements is just not much fun. Well, unless you're a masochist and just enjoy being pummeled from the get go.

Happy with the new learning curve,

qbb/Moira, Alexandria/Taryn

Defender
Oct 04, 2009
I agree
on my first wizard i went up to stormriven hall and i just kept losing (at the time i was lvl 56) but when wintertusk came out i found it a lot easyer and a lot more fun now ai lvl 60 yeah i am only in the frist lund but i was always getting help making friends and having fun!
I LOVED the lost your marbles quest with Hod mindseaker! :D

Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
While this is true. Many of the 58 spell quests will require you to go to celestia and well if you dont have the area unlocked you can't get the spell.

Plus celestia offers a lot of side quests that will give you training points for a new side school whether it be moon,star,or sun spells( you can use the training points on anything really)

So while you can just go to wintertusk i would recommend finishing celestia don't do any side quests except the ones that give you your training points. And just from the storyline you should be 58 and then use wintertusk to fill that gap 58-60.

Will you ever agree with anything I say???

As for getting training points, once you reach levels 52, 54, and 56, you can simply go to Celestia, it is right at the Survey Camp, get the quest to get the training point and do them...

As far as learning Astral Spells, Survey Camp has the ones for 50 and 52, the ones for 56 and 58, you can simply have someone take you to the floating lands or to the stellarium...

Also, Wintertusk is great to get gold quickly, so you can buy reagents or buy the gear you want to help protect you from criticals...

I still stand by what I say, Wintertusk should come first, then you can move on to Celestia... I am sure, many will find this option a lot easier and more fun!

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

As for getting training points, once you reach levels 52, 54, and 56, you can simply go to Celestia, it is right at the Survey Camp, get the quest to get the training point and do them...

As far as learning Astral Spells, Survey Camp has the ones for 50 and 52, the ones for 56 and 58, you can simply have someone take you to the floating lands or to the stellarium...

Also, Wintertusk is great to get gold quickly, so you can buy reagents or buy the gear you want to help protect you from criticals...

I still stand by what I say, Wintertusk should come first, then you can move on to Celestia... I am sure, many will find this option a lot easier and more fun!

I don't disagree with everything you post i agreed with your PvP balance post, but that is getting off topic.

It is just like Zeke's quote, you can't cut corners if you ask me the work you do gives you the result you want is all..

If you disagree, you disagree thats all, i really don't want another big arguement in posts, so lets just leave at that lol.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

I don't disagree with everything you post i agreed with your PvP balance post, but that is getting off topic.

It is just like Zeke's quote, you can't cut corners if you ask me the work you do gives you the result you want is all..

If you disagree, you disagree thats all, i really don't want another big arguement in posts, so lets just leave at that lol.

So, Because Celestia was released before Wintertusk, doing Wintertusk first is cutting corners? Are you that simple minded?

Have you not heard of a pre-quel? Grizzleheim was designed to be done along with the other worlds of the spiral, not after you completed them... It is not cutting corners to do them when you can...

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

So, Because Celestia was released before Wintertusk, doing Wintertusk first is cutting corners? Are you that simple minded?

Have you not heard of a pre-quel? Grizzleheim was designed to be done along with the other worlds of the spiral, not after you completed them... It is not cutting corners to do them when you can...

Ok exactly what i didn't want to happen. If they want to that is fine. Just giving my Advice celestia is the storyline they will have to do it at some point well that is only if they want to go to the next world whenever that comes out. And why postpone that just get it over with lol. Because then they will be posting on how the new world came out and they can't go to it right away they will complain. I wont be acting like i told them so they can just remember they had a choice is all... Now lets hear another one of your famous scrapping an arguement together out of nothing and then trying to insult me.