Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Got some Crowns...What packs to buy?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Hello everyone.
I just recently started the game, and finding it enjoyable decided to buy myself a membership and some crowns. So far have gotten some fun things from different packs, but I'm buying another round of Crowns and I wonder: What packs to focus on? A chance at any permanent mount would be nice, and neat looking pets are fun for me.
Any opinions I'd love to hear!

Happy adventures!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
mafaldavohn wrote:
Hello everyone.
I just recently started the game, and finding it enjoyable decided to buy myself a membership and some crowns. So far have gotten some fun things from different packs, but I'm buying another round of Crowns and I wonder: What packs to focus on? A chance at any permanent mount would be nice, and neat looking pets are fun for me.

Happy adventures!

hydra packs

outta my pack sprees i find hydra hoard as a easier chance at pulling a epic permanent mount

it all goes down to what you want

also hydra hoard has the cute beast pets
dragon,bat,hydra?,hatchling hybrids that are to cute to ignore

Defender
Jul 23, 2011
I, for one, have not had good luck with packs in the past. Also, you can earn pets through drops and quests from your school. Many permanent mounts can be purchased with the gold option. I, personally, save my crowns for stitching gear for a look I like. Eloise Mayweather is available all over to stitch gear. The gear dropped in Waterworks is really awesome, but looks a little weird to me. For 100 crowns per item, Eloise will stitch the stats from any gear to the appearance of any other gear.

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
mafaldavohn wrote:
Hello everyone.

Happy adventures!

Level up yourself up to 25 to 30 before you buy equips on the crown shop or much better if you are 40 to 45. i started to buy equips at 40. currently at 53 i am still using it. i have valkyrie set. for now, you can go to the bazaar in olde town and buy yourself stuff in gold. there are a lot of good equips there. if you do not have enough gold, try to convert some crowns but do not convert many. you cannot convert gold to crown. if you have too many crowns to spend there are 25+ set in the crown shop. thats 10k i think. you can can buy every 10 levels if you like. you can use them if you create another wizards.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
Ok I am going to have to say dragon hoard pack because you have chance to get a lot of mounts ( I got 4 ) suh as the awesome bone dragon mount and for pets you can get the sea dragon pet! Which I think is one of the best pets in the game because of it's awesome talents and stats. Also you tend to get a lot of dragon and DS theme housing items which is kewl. Gear wise it's good gear for lower levels but not great for higher levels.
Overall dragon hoard pack is great!

Fred Boomflame
76 fire

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
i am a huge fan of buying crowns i buy at least 5,000 a week. I have not bought the nights lore pack but i would highly recommed the HYDRA LORE. it gives a chance at Hydra mount(amazing), really good pet snacks and very exoctic pets

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
mafaldavohn wrote:
Hello everyone.

Happy adventures!

Mounts come from
Dragon pack - Bone Dragon mount
Wyverns pack - Wyvern Dragon mount
Hoard of the Hydra pack - 3 person Hydra mount

Over all there all good packs you get nice snacks housing items Gear and Pets. There YOUR crowns you pick what YOU want not everyone else. I listed the 3 packs that give mounts but all the packs are nice. Good luck and hope you get what your after :)

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I recommend, whatever level you are now, level up 10 more times. Then, if you want a good wand (well its a bow), I would buy the knights lore pack. Now for the mounts, I would try the dragons hoard pack. I got two dragon wings from there (permanent) and one bone dragon (also permanent). I personally dont like the hydra pack, because I dont like the mount.