Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Tricks to be Good at Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Hey everyone i was wondering if you had any good tricks on wizard101 because i have a new death wizard and i'm having trouble with bosses with him.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
dperrea wrote:
Hey everyone i was wondering if you had any good tricks on wizard101 because i have a new death wizard and i'm having trouble with bosses with him.

Hey,im level 36 ,and you should get freinds that are a higher level than you to help,or buy crowns and then hyre henchmen during battle to help you because thats how i beat the war oni in crimson field :D see im pretty smart,eh?

Community Leader
I have a couple questions.

What level are you?

Death wizards can solo most of the game though I do have troubles with some of the bosses, level would be helpful to give tips.

You can also check out Death game play guides here
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
dperrea wrote:
Well, for bosses, use Treasure Cards to help win a close fight. And remember to use every spell you have to your advantage.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Try buying some new clothes, weapons, or accesories at the Bazaar to help you fight these bosses. Also, get help from friends or try learning new spells, either by buying back your training points or earning training points. Remember to focus on a secondary school, as jumping around schools isn't a good way to get great spells. Storm is a good secondary school. I wish I could've helped more!
Sydney Mistcatcher
Level 52 Fire

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay, here are my best battle tips:
One: Use blades and traps if you own any. Put them in your deck. These are great
Two: Make sure you have Defense. Shields are there for a reason. Use them. Your spells will (or will later on) cost pips that take time to use. This leaves multiple rounds of time for the enemy to take you down. If you have spells that take time to build power, then use shields and defense. Do it anyway even if you don't just to get in the habit.
Three: Get a good team. Death can solo pretty easily, but a good team is nice. I recommend a Balance or Ice friend if you have a more offensive based Secondary school, or a Fire or Storm friend if you have a more defensive secondary school. You probably won't need a Life friend the way Death is set up unless you just want to be safe or you can't really heal your friend or they can't heal themselves.
Four: With bosses take out the minion First. Espicially if they are Storm, Balance, or Life. Take them out, and it's much less hassle.
Hope this helps
Jasmine
"Your brother's going to become famous for singing about sausages!"-Me

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Your post was fairly vague because I don't know what level you are. That said, I have a level 70 Death wizard and can give you some tips.

You need to make sure your gear is up-to-date... Good gear gives you a better chance in battle. More pips, higher life, more resistance etc. Make sure you have blades on Death! Scarecrow is devistating, but only if you have a power up (Gargantuan, Colossus etc.) and blades.

A good pet is always helpful! My Nightwalker gives me extra health, spritely, pain giver and spell proof... Very handy and has saved my bacon more than once.

Set your deck correctly... If you have your deck too full of stuff, it makes for a long battle. It's nice to have the shields and all the extra goodies, but unless you're doing Mirror Lake or Water Works, a limited deck will help you in every day battles. You can load up on helpful treasure cards to help you out in a pinch.

Anyway, I hope this helps you out. I love to play the "how much life can you take from me, before I suck it right back out of you" game.

Padric Shadowmancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
dperrea wrote:

There aren't any tricks. There is experience in game play and knowing your school's strengths and weaknesses. Each wizard/school is different. With Death, you shouldn't be having issues, depending on your level (you don't state that here). Use ghoul and vampire to gain health upon attack. Use the traps and charms you have to boost your power and gain more health from those two cards. And if you're up against a Death boss, use the prism. A lot. The prism combined with traps and charms cast after the prism make you extremely powerful.
My Death wizard is one of my favorites. She's in Marleybone, about 1/2 way through, and has yet to die. You can do it... take your time and use the spells given you.
Oh...and get the best gear (hats, robes, boots, wands, etc.) that you can at the bazaar.
Good luck! :)

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hello Dperrea!

One thing I like about the way combat works is that it is somewhat based on luck.

But you can do little things to get the odds to work in your favor!

Most important thing you can do. Keep your deck as SMALL as possible. I mean, you can pack it full with shields and the like. But the less turns you have to spend discarding random cards that you don't need, the easier the fight becomes.

Shields. If you have shields that work against the boss you are fighting, they become your best friend. Tower shield works too. Shields shields shields shields. Pack your deck with the maximum number of shields. Nothing wrong with them. You can put them on yourself, and charge up pips at the same time.

Now, lets say you don't have shields that work against that boss. Take advantage of your health draining attacks. Remember, you don't have to put up blades and traps to make it a one-hit spell. Several spells will do the trick. To the point. Blade up once, attack. Blade up again, and attack again.

Keep your healing cards. The pixies. If you have trained in Life, take advantage of those 1 pip sprites. They don't heal for very much, but they can make the difference between win and defeat.

Another very good and important thing. Have fun!

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Ok I am lvl 9 just so you know and i dont really like the bazzar because i liike the shops in the district because those are the cloths that your supposed to have at lvl 5 and 10 at wizard city.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2012
Since you're death, try not to heal right before you attack. Unless it's skeletal pirate.

Also, you might want to train up to satyr or tower shield. Also, when you get leveled up, colossus, fortify, amplify and vengence.

I try to only attack in my school because once you get up to a higher level, they spells of your school will be much better than the ones trainable at ravenwood.

(:

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
dperrea wrote:
Ok I am lvl 9 just so you know and i dont really like the bazzar because i liike the shops in the district because those are the cloths that your supposed to have at lvl 5 and 10 at wizard city.

The beginning times in Wizard City can be tough to get by but with a little planning you can do it. The best rule is to make sure you have all health and right amount of mana for each fight. If you trained for Ghoul already you will use him mostly so that you do get health back during battle. Wand a round and get your 2 pips needed to run him. I still run the streets in order after Unicorn way even though now you can jump around or pick which one to go into. Cyclops, Triton and then Firecat, by them I have Colossus Blvd. and Crab Alley offered and a key to go to Krock Land. Crab Alley helps you level up to be prepared for Krock land but at the level it is given is a little rough to get though unless there is help so I prefer to stick to Colossus since it introduces you to 2 monster mob fights better.

As for the Bazaar, in the beginning I never used it either but found after a while it's the best place for one stop shopping for all my gear, most of the time things there are cheaper then the shops are, you will usually get more for your items selling them there rather then a shop. So in the end you become a Bazaar shopper if you want a quick way to have everything available to your wizard in one spot and want to get the most for your stuff you want to sell.

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
i have death wizard and i secondary in storm school. between banshee and storm shark with a few trap cards your usually all set at the lower levels.