Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Goliath Mag'lor in the Black Palace

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 21, 2010
The game would only let me in solo. Could battle the cultists by myself, no problem. Then I meet up with the boss and 3 henchmen (solo). (That is four on one) I can't invite anyone in to help me. And yes i paid for the stupid henchmen. They were worthless and got themselves killed as fast as I bought them. So, KI or anyone how do I beat the thing and continue the story line. I need to be able to TP other players in with me. Oh help. If KI doesn't fix this, i will be forced to quit the game. No storyline, no game play!!!

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
here's what I did:

Turn 1: Ice prism on maglor (I'm an ice wizard)
Turn 2: Use garganutan on frost giant, cast 45% ice blade from gear
Turn 3: cast 40% iceblade
Turn 4: cast Frost Giant -- minions all dead

After that, its pretty manageable fight. Proper deck design is key.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
Okay I found another player, who had done the Black Palace before. I changed my deck to accommodate all attack enemy spells (sandstorm, power nova and Ra - Ya, I'm Balance). Attacked the henchmen first for both bosses. Then went for the Boss. Yes, both battles were long and tedious, but my friend helped me through it. And yes, I would recommend henchmen. I used Level 40 Storm and Life. So, I wined a little, but these tough battles can be done with a little patience, ingenuity and friendship!

Explorer
Jul 13, 2009
I agree! This battle needs to be easier! I have the same problem right now, and I don't want to buy crowns for henchmen. I've tried every solo technique I've ever used, and this is the only one that has had every single one fail.