Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gloomthorn Nightmare Pegasus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2016
well Just wanted to know if I have wasted tons of crowns to get this mount as a permanent mount? Have gotten several meaning 20+ other mounts including 2 or 3 Pegasus day mount.

I would like to ask though if said mount or any other mounts in packs aren't going to be perm if you would please state so. I have probably 200 or so temp mounts that I just cant delete. Such a waste.

Hugs and Happy Wizoleen,

Terry

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I bought a ton of Gloomthorn packs, I got the new mount as a one day 4 or so times but that's it.

I wish the pack were all new items. But other than that, the gear is really good...and I am very happy we have a new pack.

I do wish they'd tweak the odds of getting the permanent mount, or put it for sale in the Crowns shop, though. I admit. I probably spent $60 USD trying.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
While I haven't tired for the mount personally, I've seen a few around.
But you've to bear in mind that mounts, especially the perm ones are always by chance and not necessarily about how much crowns you pile into the pack.

A friend of mine tried and got it on his third attempt at the pack I believe.

My apologies for that experience though, you share it with many others o:

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
They always have other mounts in the pack at 1 day and 7 day, this pack had several mounts that you can actually buy for gold, like the stallion and the broom

As to all those rentals you got, you can delete them from your backpack, just select one and click the garbage can looking icon near the bottom

Survivor
May 21, 2012
I bought about 20 packs and got a bunch of the 7day or 1day mounts, several pets, and the Pegasus permanent mount. It's all random. A different pack gave me the perm. life mount on the first pack.Other packs I've opened only give me junk.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I deleted a ton of one day broom and black stallion mounts.

I don't think we should be getting tons of ordinary treasure cards in crown packs either.

One or 7 day mounts are fine for new players but if someone is level 25 and up they very likely have at least one mount by then.

The Pegasus mounts we are seeing could be someone's one or 7 day mount. I got a few of those. No permanent Pegasus mounts though.

I have spent a lot by now and think I will stop. I keep selling off the low level TC now, just because it won't let you get a new pack if your TC are full; and I even bought the Darkmoor house so I'd have a spot fro some of the stuff that fit the house theme.

At this point in time there is no permanent mount in sight. A lot of repeat pets, and a ton of very common treasure cards I can get anywhere and very common reagents that are easily found. There is also stuff from last year's pack. Since last year's pack is still available for purchase, that's disappointing.

Even if it's just recolored furniture, I'd rather have anything new than a warehouse filled with repeat items. At least please allow us to sell everything somewhere. I'd love to go to the furniture shop and sell no auction household and outdoor items there for any price. Thank you.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
They always have other mounts in the pack at 1 day and 7 day, this pack had several mounts that you can actually buy for gold, like the stallion and the broom

As to all those rentals you got, you can delete them from your backpack, just select one and click the garbage can looking icon near the bottom
Make sure you lock your permanent mounts first before you delete any mounts. If you are sleepy or distracted you could delete one you wanted to keep.
Just enable lock in your backpack preferences I think. Then, click the item you want to be sure not to delete, and click the padlock icon at bottom of your backpack screen.

Then as Jasmine said you can delete any temporary mounts you don't want. You can't sell or feed those to pets. Another option would be to let them roam your land until they time out and disappear.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I only had the crows to buy 3 packs. Kept me from spending money, but still depressing to not really get anything from them. I've gotten lucky (got the Baba Yaga mount first open and I didn't even want the mount) and I've been unlucky too. I wish there was a way to make the packs a little more worth while.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I just want my suggestions at least taken into account, and then said, "At this time we are unable to apply such a request! We might look for such things in the future!"

Also, you didn't take my suggestion which was to get at least 2 pieces of gear or 1 piece of gear & 1 mount (or treasure card of spells in said pack) in each pack from here forward!

I understand you are also trying to make money and I always take that into account, so don't get me wrong, you also deserve to make some money to keep your company's profit margin healthy and alive so you can continue to bring updates to the game! But if you weren't able to do it, you wouldn't have done that with the Professor's Hoard Pack in which you are guaranteed at least 2 pieces of gear, or 1 piece of gear & 1 mount (whether 1-day, 7-day, or Permanent). So this is something you are unable to comply with at this time, you need to nerf the Professor's Hoard pack as well, to keep things balanced! I can't believe I'm the only one who has thought of this!