Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gifting issue

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I do not know what to do!

I recently got the epic bundle. So I whisper to my friend and I say, "Hey guess what, I got the epic bundle" and, you know, we don't exactly get along very well, so I am expecting the whole, "Oh yeah cool. I'm kinda busy right now" response. We made up recently, I thought he was just kidding when he apologized for being mean and rude and stuff, but apparently not... Anyways, here is what he responds, "can you plz gift me? plz plz plz"

Well, I mean, if I could buy crowns whenever I wanted, and I had all the money in the world, yeah, sure, I'd gift you a card pack or something, but I mean, we aren't exactly good friends, dude! I mean, not to be selfish or anything, but, they are mine, and I plan to spend them on myself. So, I respond to him, "No."

Then, he starts getting all angry, so pretty much, here is how it goes. He says to me, "why?" and I answer "i don't wanna say, because it sounds selfish ..." and he says, "if i had crowns, I would gift you!" and in my head, I'm all like, oh yeah sure, I totally believe you (not) So I don't say anything back, and he says, "fine, just don't talk to me"

Now I don't know what to do. I don't want to delete him or ignore him or anything... I want to patch up our already... unstable relationship, but how? I have already spent all of my crowns but 390 of them, and a pack costs 399 I think, so gifting him is out of the equation, but... Do you guys have any ideas?

Haley Fairygarden
A very sad Level 32 Life Wizard

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
akitahbird wrote:
I do not know what to do!

I recently got the epic bundle. So I whisper to my friend and I say, "Hey guess what, I got the epic bundle" and, you know, we don't exactly get along very well, so I am expecting the whole, "Oh yeah cool. I'm kinda busy right now" response. We made up recently, I thought he was just kidding when he apologized for being mean and rude and stuff, but apparently not... Anyways, here is what he responds, "can you plz gift me? plz plz plz"

Well, I mean, if I could buy crowns whenever I wanted, and I had all the money in the world, yeah, sure, I'd gift you a card pack or something, but I mean, we aren't exactly good friends, dude! I mean, not to be selfish or anything, but, they are mine, and I plan to spend them on myself. So, I respond to him, "No."

Then, he starts getting all angry, so pretty much, here is how it goes. He says to me, "why?" and I answer "i don't wanna say, because it sounds selfish ..." and he says, "if i had crowns, I would gift you!" and in my head, I'm all like, oh yeah sure, I totally believe you (not) So I don't say anything back, and he says, "fine, just don't talk to me"

Now I don't know what to do. I don't want to delete him or ignore him or anything... I want to patch up our already... unstable relationship, but how? I have already spent all of my crowns but 390 of them, and a pack costs 399 I think, so gifting him is out of the equation, but... Do you guys have any ideas?

Haley Fairygarden
A very sad Level 32 Life Wizard

Hate to break it to you, but your "friend" is a jerk.

As much as you may not want to delete him, it's clear that this guy is toxic/using you/just not very nice. You stood firm in your choice not to gift, and he disrespected you~ that's not friendship. In my opinion, that's all the more reason to toss him... he's a mooch, and he acted selfishly; by feeling guilty, you're playing right into his hands.

If he's a real-world "friend", give him a week or so to apologize to you for his behaviour, before confronting him... If he's an in-game acquaintance, ignore & delete him. Your money is your money- you (or your parents, if you're younger) worked hard for it, and you're not required to give all or any of it up, just because someone makes you feel guilty; you owe him nothing, though he owes you a serious apology.

IMHO, you made the right choice. You don't need people like that in your life, whether in-game or in real-life.

El Veeb the Archmage
(& sorceress opposed to gifting random strangers)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I agree with vonawesome. Your 'friend' is not really a friend, whether they are a game acquaintance or real life 'friend'.

Your crowns are your own. YOU can spend them however YOU wish. Don't let anyone bully you into gifting them. It's not worth it. You can either hit "ignore" on that person, or delete them. I can't tell you how many people I've deleted because they beg me to gift them.

You made the right choice. Don't feel guilty about it at all. There are other in-game friends that are wonderful and won't take advantage of you.

:)