Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting Past Those Annoying Enemies

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
A good wizard is prepared for getting past most, if not all, of the enemies in the game. Unless, of course, you aren't prepared for them. I created this thread as guidance for people who are just too aggrivated to think of a way to get past these enemies, or simply don't want to, or just can't. For example, I have found that casting a wand spell outside of your school and not using any traps that apply to all types of magic is an ideal way to get past those enemies whose sole strategy is to cast weakness and tower shield while slamming you with low pip spells. (I.E. just about every Ice enemy found on the streets in game.)
As for those storm enemies with ridiculous power, the spells Tower Shield, Weakness, Plague, and Virulent Plague (all of which can be found in amulets) are ideal for stopping them, as that would-be one hit K.O. spell barely dents you.

So, ideas, tactics, strategies and such are welcome in this thread.

**********************************************************************************
"I have found the secret to perpetual motion: a slinky on an escalator."
-Anonymous

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
if your second school isn't ice you can still use some pips to get to tower sheild

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
here's a good tip which works great especially in celestia and wintertusk, where the enemies really only cast spells from their own school- from the krokotopia amulet shop, pick up these 3 amulets: gobblestone's pendant (gives 3 fire shields), greebly's gemstone (gives 3 snow shields), and rotunda's torc (gives 3 storm shields). switch between these amulets as you travel dependant on what creatures are predominant in the surrounding area or depending on what boss you're facing. plus keep your deck on the smaller side to better ensure you draw what you need when you need it! -eli and crew

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
When fighting solo, I find using AOE's (e.g. Ra) to be better than using single-hit spells (e.g. Judgement) because you spend equal or less time preparing a big AOE than two 1-hit-KO single hit attacks.