Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear Vault

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 18, 2009
YES! This is wonderful no more will I have to worry about my bank and figure out what costume I will have to delete. I can just put all my costume outfits in a vault and leave it at that. After eons of asking we finally have a wardrobe!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Discord Spiders on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
YES! This is wonderful no more will I have to worry about my bank and figure out what costume I will have to delete. I can just put all my costume outfits in a vault and leave it at that. After eons of asking we finally have a wardrobe!
I'm guessing you only read the update note & haven't tried it yet.

I, too was joyful & now am ...well - very sad.

ATM the vault is No Trade, only 1 inside & 1 outside & a gigantic door in the floor, not name-able, the interface system still requires us to put one piece at a time into or out of the vault ... through our backpack even if the ultimate destination is the bank or shared bank.

Many people asked for these vaults, so I can't speak for everyone - but what I think players actually need is a way to organize gear throughout the whole account. The gear vaults would have been an important part of that system - but they needed to be set up so that:
  • One character could hold all the vaults for the whole account - in one yard or house like a ware-houser -- eliminating the back & forth between characters. My level 19 is about to graduate. My ware-houser opens the right vault, pulls out all & only my level 20 gear & passes it all through. Ideally in a vault marked "Level 20 Gear." If that ideal is granted it wouldn't matter that my shared bank only had 5 spots left but I have 9 pieces of level 20 gear.
  • Fish Tanks & Seed Vaults are both trade-able & can be sent through fully loaded. These qualities really need to be extended to the Gear Vaults because we need to pass collected school gear or level gear. & the vaults need to be nameable so we can have more than one in a pack or bank or attic & pick the right one.
  • We need an expanded interface that automatically connects to the bank & shared bank so that I don't have to have a lot of space in my pack just to move 12 items from my gear vault to the shared bank.
  • It's form needs to be changed to be easier to decorate with. Think: wardrobe, pet door on the wall, just that small box that will go on table or shelf.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
P.S.

These same things would be at the top of my list when it comes to Housing Item Vaults. Gear & Housing have all the same problems. But compounded because of the repetition involved in furnishing houses & yards regardless of school or level.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
Hi, GREAT addon! we were so many to wait for this!!!

though, I'm disconcerted, the Gear Vault isn't finished yet, warnings are obviously missing :
- it unlocks gear when moved in the vault (like Seed Vault or Attic), no warning notice about that
- more important, no warning either when a gear used in a set is moved to the vault

is that temporary and fixed before Live Realm?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Helenie Nightseer on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
I'm guessing you only read the update note & haven't tried it yet.

I, too was joyful & now am ...well - very sad.

ATM the vault is No Trade, only 1 inside & 1 outside & a gigantic door in the floor, not name-able, the interface system still requires us to put one piece at a time into or out of the vault ... through our backpack even if the ultimate destination is the bank or shared bank.

Many people asked for these vaults, so I can't speak for everyone - but what I think players actually need is a way to organize gear throughout the whole account. The gear vaults would have been an important part of that system - but they needed to be set up so that:
  • One character could hold all the vaults for the whole account - in one yard or house like a ware-houser -- eliminating the back & forth between characters. My level 19 is about to graduate. My ware-houser opens the right vault, pulls out all & only my level 20 gear & passes it all through. Ideally in a vault marked "Level 20 Gear." If that ideal is granted it wouldn't matter that my shared bank only had 5 spots left but I have 9 pieces of level 20 gear.
  • Fish Tanks & Seed Vaults are both trade-able & can be sent through fully loaded. These qualities really need to be extended to the Gear Vaults because we need to pass collected school gear or level gear. & the vaults need to be nameable so we can have more than one in a pack or bank or attic & pick the right one.
  • We need an expanded interface that automatically connects to the bank & shared bank so that I don't have to have a lot of space in my pack just to move 12 items from my gear vault to the shared bank.
  • It's form needs to be changed to be easier to decorate with. Think: wardrobe, pet door on the wall, just that small box that will go on table or shelf.
Agreed. Also, gear vaults should be accessible from anywhere, so you won't have to go back to your house to put on the gear. Same with the bank and shared bank.

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Corwin F on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
Hi, GREAT addon! we were so many to wait for this!!!

though, I'm disconcerted, the Gear Vault isn't finished yet, warnings are obviously missing :
- it unlocks gear when moved in the vault (like Seed Vault or Attic), no warning notice about that
- more important, no warning either when a gear used in a set is moved to the vault

is that temporary and fixed before Live Realm?
At least you can FIND it.
I can't find it ANYWHERE.

Administrator
Valcoor Dragonfind... on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
At least you can FIND it.
I can't find it ANYWHERE.
You can find it on the Featured tab of of the Crown Shop on Test Realm.

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
My only issue is that I have no clue why it's just a big ugly gray slab on the floor. It couldn't have been a fancy chest or a dresser? Am I missing the purpose of having it be a slab? It just doesn't make sense to me why they chose to make it look like that.

Administrator
Starblood653 on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
My only issue is that I have no clue why it's just a big ugly gray slab on the floor. It couldn't have been a fancy chest or a dresser? Am I missing the purpose of having it be a slab? It just doesn't make sense to me why they chose to make it look like that.
Professor Falmea discussed it last week in Feedback Friday.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-3-18-16-8ad6a416537e7c3101538bda86563c3c?page=1

community@wizard101.com
Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-3-18-16-8ad6a416537e7c3101538bda86563c3c?page=1
Hmm this might be important to add to the TR update notes lol. Thanks for the info, I don't keep up on Feedback Fridays.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
Wow! I haven't played this game for a month and there's already an update. This is really cool. I really like the wardrobe function in the game. Pretty neat.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Professor Greyrose on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:

I don't see her saying why it's just a big slab..?

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Fable Finder on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
I don't see her saying why it's just a big slab..?
Its a slab because you can put something on it (a wooden chest housing item per say) and then your wardrobe will be that wooden chest and not just a big slab on the floor.

At least thats what I've come to interpret this as

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
Starblood653 on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
Hmm this might be important to add to the TR update notes lol. Thanks for the info, I don't keep up on Feedback Fridays.
yup I had the same surprise : why does it look like that?! lol
then I read what Pr Falmea said, it made sense and it's actually a very good idea :

this way we can put any kind of decoration on it (chest, dresser, mannequin, etc, by the way, I dropped a fancy new dresser on the new Gold Key boss, eh, eh) to identify the Gear Vault and give it the look we want

I agree, that explanation should definitely be added in the update notes

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
May I suggest a name change for this object. Call it Gear Vault Base and have a configuration menu when it's clicked on with Choose an object to become the vault, and displaying ll the valid objects that are in the current backpack.

then, when an object is chosen, it's automatically placed on the base.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
After thinking on this for a while, I still have major issues with the housing vault.
It sounds like there's confusion and dissatisfaction with this housing object stemming from a lack of communication on KI's part. Prof. Greyrose- can you please explain a bit more about why KI did what they did for this housing item? Right now it seems very rushed with little to no effort put into it, especially in contrast to the beautifully designed seed vault. There's really no reason for a big slab- by this logic we could "customize" any piece of furniture- or our bank chests- by just placing/glitching something on top of something else. The "customization" just seems like a cop-out explanation on KI's part. The slab is so big that it's hard to get it to fit basically anywhere in my decorated houses and I had to do some extensive glitching just to place it and cover it with a rug before putting something over it (that pukey gray is just not doing it for me, seriously). Why did you not just make a small item with the floating icon so that we could place something in FRONT of it and forego this silly slab business? I'd also like to know why an appropriate explanation of the vault's physical appearance was NOT placed in the update notes? Really, it seems pretty important because this whole thing is very counter-intuitive.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Starblood653 on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
After thinking on this for a while, I still have major issues with the housing vault.
It sounds like there's confusion and dissatisfaction with this housing object stemming from a lack of communication on KI's part. Prof. Greyrose- can you please explain a bit more about why KI did what they did for this housing item? Right now it seems very rushed with little to no effort put into it, especially in contrast to the beautifully designed seed vault. There's really no reason for a big slab- by this logic we could "customize" any piece of furniture- or our bank chests- by just placing/glitching something on top of something else. The "customization" just seems like a cop-out explanation on KI's part. The slab is so big that it's hard to get it to fit basically anywhere in my decorated houses and I had to do some extensive glitching just to place it and cover it with a rug before putting something over it (that pukey gray is just not doing it for me, seriously). Why did you not just make a small item with the floating icon so that we could place something in FRONT of it and forego this silly slab business? I'd also like to know why an appropriate explanation of the vault's physical appearance was NOT placed in the update notes? Really, it seems pretty important because this whole thing is very counter-intuitive.
Agreed.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
I agree with the Gear vault becoming tradeable, just like the seed vault. My wife made an oopsie by crafting 6 on one wiz, thinking it was tradeable.