Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear stats

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I don't understand the Seal Team Gear is not as good as the Terror Hoard drops. Even the drops from the Rat aren't as good as the Darkmoor dropped gear. I, as an intelligent adult, can't figure out what gear to upgrade anymore. I want more shadow pip chance and resist. However the new gear has stats that are all over the map. The universal damage reduction, block and critical ratings are lower. Someone needs to examine the Rat fight and tone it down. The non-Darkmoor dropped wands are a joke if you have one from a Terror Hoard pack. Please KI explain the new gear stats and the desired effect. Darkmoor gear is still the only gear that interacts with the Shadow creature spells. The Dark Nova is powerful if properly set up. My Death wizard can get it up to 11k damage with the Darkmoor gear.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
Bucisfav on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:
I don't understand the Seal Team Gear is not as good as the Terror Hoard drops. Even the drops from the Rat aren't as good as the Darkmoor dropped gear. I, as an intelligent adult, can't figure out what gear to upgrade anymore. I want more shadow pip chance and resist. However the new gear has stats that are all over the map. The universal damage reduction, block and critical ratings are lower. Someone needs to examine the Rat fight and tone it down. The non-Darkmoor dropped wands are a joke if you have one from a Terror Hoard pack. Please KI explain the new gear stats and the desired effect. Darkmoor gear is still the only gear that interacts with the Shadow creature spells. The Dark Nova is powerful if properly set up. My Death wizard can get it up to 11k damage with the Darkmoor gear.
Well as a start, you can farm for the shadow pip chance jewel, though it only covers one of your problems, it still proceeds a good method to complete.