Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear Guide

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 28, 2010
So, since lots of people on the message boards and in game don't know what gear to use when questing/soloing, I decided I would make a post explaining what gear to use at every level.
Note: For this guide, you will have to craft

Level 1-55: This is a very broad level range but it's for a good reason, there isn't much good gear available at this lvl range so I would just stick with the best bazaar gear every 5 levels.

Level 56-60: I recommend crafting wintertusk gear at this lvl because it provides nice resist and damage and can help with the remaining parts of celestia and waterworks.

Level 60-66: This part is optional but you should go for the waterworks hat at the least (maybe even the robe but NEVER the boots)

Level 66-76: Craft the Zafaria crafted gear (robe and boots), if you have a pet with resist then I would recommend crafting the hat also but it is not required.

Level 76-86: Craft the Avalon crafted gear (robe and boots), hat is not required

Level 86-96: Craft the Azteca crafted gear (robe and boots), hat is not required

Level 96-100: Craft the Khrysalis crafted gear (hat, robe and boots), the reason why I included the hat this time is because people typically don't accept people with the waterworks hat into a Darkmoor group.

Level 100-110: This is optional also but go for Darkmoor gear (I usually go for it at lvl 100 but you can go for it at any lvl between 100-110).

Lvl 110
Lvl 102
Lvl 27

Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
Another thing is that I wouldn't know what outfits or gear is good with blocking or any of that stuff. You seem to be good at this. What do you think I should do?

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
PixiePrincess26 on May 17, 2016 wrote:
Another thing is that I wouldn't know what outfits or gear is good with blocking or any of that stuff. You seem to be good at this. What do you think I should do?
Crafted boots give immense block and crown shop wands also give a ton of block (if you don't have crowns like me then use the highest block wand you find in the bazaar). When you get to exalted, go for either the Mali wand or the fortune teller pack wand if you have crowns.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2013
Wow this seems really useful! I am glad you decided to put in the time to do this, because this could help a lot of players make decisions that can be difficult. My storm wizard is still using Waterworks gear at lv70, but I will make sure to check out the Zafaria gear you are talking about!

Justin GoldenStone, lv70

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
JoshStormWiz on May 22, 2016 wrote:
Wow this seems really useful! I am glad you decided to put in the time to do this, because this could help a lot of players make decisions that can be difficult. My storm wizard is still using Waterworks gear at lv70, but I will make sure to check out the Zafaria gear you are talking about!

Justin GoldenStone, lv70
Glad to hear