Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Recap - Mods Read!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2009
Hello! My name is Brian in game i'm known as Brian StormBringer! Recentally I picked this game up because my cousin plays and I was looking for something hold me over till Aion is released.

Game Background. GrandMaster Diviner - Crown Gear - Farming Dropped Gear. I've must have killed yeva spider keeper now 50 times nothing yet.

Life Background - Male/22
2 Jobs,
Numerous Beta Testing Experiance,
Guide Work,
MMO Radio DJ!

I've recommended your game to many people, and I may stick with it even after my game launches in September!

I maxed out my GM in little less then a week being a former MMO addict and i've started my OverPowered Character (A.L.A Death Wizard)

1st - Now I havn't had the time to run through the stats, but for some reason unless i'm very unlucky my spells seem to fizzle much greater then 70% i'll have to start keeping a record this is a problem because even If I can hit for high damage it's so unrealiable i'm certain that my friends could finish most fights faster with me just passing.

2nd - Storm High Dmg - Problem here is most of this damage is what I call - OVER KILL Damage. It's similar to playing a standard mmo when priest do, Overhealing. Basically the only time you would want to over heal is on a boss. It might only take me 2 rounds to hit for 2k but for most things I only need to hit for 1.4k unless it's a boss in which case I can scale my damage higher, but again most of it is over kill till much much later in the game. Aside from that most of the classes can realiably out damage me. AKA Death / Fire.

3rd - Auctionable gear. I don't know if this is just intended but storm and a few other wizard types have almost no worthwhile auctionable gear however I can buy Death Gear that outmatches some of the top droppable loot in the game for Death! I'm not sure if this is lack of loot for some classes, but taking a quick look at the AH shows that Death/Balance/Fire have much greater options to gear up then Storm/Life/Myth/Ice.

4th. - Trade System, Alright I understand why this works like this, but I dislike it. If we can't have a trade system I wish loot could have a need/greed system maybe this is alittle advanced for kids, but it's annoying that my friend has got my storm robe like 7 times while I end up with a wooden plank.

5th - Group Content I'm not sure if this is just because I'm so advanced at gaming, but I would enjoy more group content (Raid Dungeons) so to speak. Some say this game is challenging, but I've solo'd nearly every boss in this game up till the last one. I even managed to solo gurtoks last night, and after i'm geared i'm certain I could defeat the last one solo as well provided I could get to him! Soloing is not hard abit it might be slow on say an Ice Wizard it's still mostly a joke throughout the game. I find it in most cases extra people just extend the length of the fight instead of making it shorter.

Anyways I might fraps some video's and post them overall a great game it just leaves me wanting more!

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Rhystic wrote:

3rd - Auctionable gear. I don't know if this is just intended but storm and a few other wizard types have almost no worthwhile auctionable gear however I can buy Death Gear that outmatches some of the top droppable loot in the game for Death! I'm not sure if this is lack of loot for some classes, but taking a quick look at the AH shows that Death/Balance/Fire have much greater options to gear up then Storm/Life/Myth/Ice.

4th. - Trade System, Alright I understand why this works like this, but I dislike it. If we can't have a trade system I wish loot could have a need/greed system maybe this is alittle advanced for kids, but it's annoying that my friend has got my storm robe like 7 times while I end up with a wooden plank.

Yes I see the 'real good' robes, hats and boots not Auctionable!!! WHY?
I could sell it for thousands as IT SAYS in the Bazaar Price window, but
the BUY button is greyed out WHAT GIVES? I should be able to sell these
things AND/OR PUT THEM IN MY SHARED BANK. But I CAN'T!!!
all I can do is sell that 1000+ robe to the shop for a mezzley 364G!!!

The above ties into the BOSS drops (asp. in mooshu) to where you
get your new school gear BUT you ALWAYS get some OTHER Schools gear
instead of your OWN! At least the special attack 'Swords' have their own
Boss and mobs too each school, (which makes it a little easier to know where to go to get what you need) but the Swords are the only thing I have seen set up like this. The BOSS AI needs to reconise (spelling) the wizard
who fired the 'killing blow' and then give the 'RIGHT' GEAR for his/her school. OR make them tradable in the 'SHARED BANK' at least so my
other wizards can use it.