Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game difficulty perspective from the players

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Ok there have been numerous threads about the game difficulty lately so i was hoping to get a better perspective on just how many people feel this way. This is primarily for the second arc of the game from celestia on till azteca.

So could everyone post on this thread and let us know in just a few words please , Is the game ;
1. To difficult
2. Difficult but playable
3. Just right
4. Easy but playable
5. To easy

This is to try and find out just how many people are having trouble, Please remember if you are just frustrated do not complain about it just let us know how you feel the difficulty level is.Hopefully someone at KI will see this and gain some perspective from it to help this game. And please stay on topic everyone.

My answer is #2 Difficult but playable.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
I think it is better to rate every word separately.
celestia - Just right
Zafaria - Too easy
Avalon - Difficult but playable
Azteca - Difficult but playable

I explain: from about lvls 48 till 60 the wizard gets very high gear and spell boost the difficulty increase at cl doesn't felt to the wiz. At lvl 60 the wiz get the peak of his boost WW gear lvl very powerful spell 58 spell and Gargantuan, with the right deck the combo is very effective passing ZF easy.
Avalon finally create the right challenge for the players young morganthe force most of the wiz to realize that they have to cooperate in order to win.
I currently in the middle of Azteca and its looks very promising.

KI we need special realm with even harder challenges and better drops as reward.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
Ok there have been numerous threads about the game difficulty lately so i was hoping to get a better perspective on just how many people feel this way. This is primarily for the second arc of the game from celestia on till azteca.

So could everyone post on this thread and let us know in just a few words please , Is the game ;
1. To difficult
3. Just right
4. Easy but playable
5. To easy

This is to try and find out just how many people are having trouble, Please remember if you are just frustrated do not complain about it just let us know how you feel the difficulty level is.Hopefully someone at KI will see this and gain some perspective from it to help this game. And please stay on topic everyone.

Im gonna say its difficult but not to difficult.
Would be nice if we could have equally powered gear and spells to compete with the difficulty curve.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Clarification. Difficult and tedious are very different.

I did not find Celestia difficult at all. It was really quite easy. Extremely tedious with repitition, and time consuming... yep. Crafting quests tough? Nope, really easy. Just tedious.

Wizard City - challenging because of learning curve. But fun
Krokotopia - possibly challenging, but overshadowed by fun.
Marleybone - challenging. First world where game playing strategy becomes necessary.
Wysteria - cake walk
Mooshu - medium. rarely died.
Grizzleheim - challenging that is overshadowed by fun.
Dragonspyre - challenging that is overshadowed by the fun.
Celestia - No challenge. Very tedious. Repitition. Battle pattern/strategy way too simple.
Zafaria - No Challenge. Very Tedious. Repitition. Killing same enemy sooooo many times.

Really hard challenges are fantastic if there is purpose and reason to go with it. I think most issues with advanced worlds is lack of story and sense of purpose.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
RottenHeart on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
Clarification. Difficult and tedious are very different.

I did not find Celestia difficult at all. It was really quite easy. Extremely tedious with repitition, and time consuming... yep. Crafting quests tough? Nope, really easy. Just tedious.

Marleybone - challenging. First world where game playing strategy becomes necessary.
Wysteria - cake walk
Mooshu - medium. rarely died.
Grizzleheim - challenging that is overshadowed by fun.
Dragonspyre - challenging that is overshadowed by the fun.
Celestia - No challenge. Very tedious. Repitition. Battle pattern/strategy way too simple.
Zafaria - No Challenge. Very Tedious. Repitition. Killing same enemy sooooo many times.

Really hard challenges are fantastic if there is purpose and reason to go with it. I think most issues with advanced worlds is lack of story and sense of purpose.
Wysteria - cake walk
Mooshu - Cake Walk, Bosses may be harder
Grizzleheim - No opinion. i do it overleveled because i like to enjoy the story.
Dragonspyre - Makes a person think for the first time

Avalon - Seems to be a normal difficulty GREAT
Azteca - I was able to blow this world off in 3 days. it would have been nice to be HARDER.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
This is something I have been wondering also - wanting to know if I am a minority or majority of players on Wizards.

From my perspective of course I vote 1: To difficult - the game has seriously grown past a family fun game into a WOW type offering to attract more hard core players.

Several of my friends did go to WOW and came back to Wizards for a rest from that - as they found Wizards is now the same way they quit again.

I see too many players just not getting by and being left behind or taking days to complete quests waiting for help. I do see them getting smarter though - altho some will ask most will just jump in my fights to get their quests completed - which is fine with me since I play in worlds I can handle and am never defeated because of it and I understand the difficulty they are facing.

Challenge to a Hard Core Gamer = Fun
Challenge to a Casual Gamer = Not Fun

Maybe the Spiral needs to be split - the family casual gamer Spiral and the Hard Core Gamer Spiral.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Well so far im not seeing anyone saying its to difficult. My guess is that the masses havent seen the thread yet.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I usually solo the game up to Malistaire. Time is the only reason i don't solo that dungeon. With that in mind, I would say up to CL, the game is easy but playable.

Once in Celestia and Zafaria I begin running two accounts. That makes those worlds also easy but playable. Soloing made them a bit of a challenge.

Avalon was a just right when running two accounts, yet there were times I did solo a few areas.

Right now in Azteca, I have one wizard questing with a friend. When they are not online, I run two accounts. I am finding parts of Azteca challenging even when questing with someone.

The ONLY part of the game I feel is too challenging, is The Tower of the Helephant. I REFUSE to go in there unless I have the quest or a friend needs to finish the quest. Yes, I do know the quest is optional, but I tend to want to finish every quest in the game.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

1. To difficult
3. Just right
4. Easy but playable
5. To easy

My answer is the same as yours~ difficult, but playable.

I have an archmage wizard in Azteca~ she quests with a buddy and, between the 2 of them, it's usually an easy time. However, I would never be able to complete it solo, because all of that grinding becomes aggravating after a while... not to mention that a single player vs. 3 enemies who start with 14 pips are outmanned, outclassed, and severely underpowered.

Not everyone likes having to use a PvP mindset in PvE, myself included; therefore, I agree with Brwac that the game should be split up and allow the professional/hardcore gamers a challenge while not veering from its original aim. I'm a single adult with no kids, and even I lose patience with all of the cheating bosses etc... therefore, I wonder how children can still consider this game fun, because (post-Dragonspyre) it's definitely not family-friendly anymore.

-von

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
Well so far im not seeing anyone saying its to difficult. My guess is that the masses havent seen the thread yet.
There is a problem with this sort of approach.

Your not going to get that many people that say its TOO difficult, because most of them have quit the game already. Common sense, I dont understand how folks cant understand this.

So I will answer your question from the perspective of those I have already seen QUIT the game.

Celestia - Was extremely hard due to many cheating bosses, etc. All cheating bosses were later made optional which retained some customers, but I lost over half my friends list to this world alone due to difficulty.
Zafaria - Nice world, some difficult/grindy issues, but was ok, if you still maintained a subscription after they released Celestia.
Avalon - Loved this place, wasnt too difficult, only had a couple battles that were difficult.
Azteca - Seems rushed. 80% of content/designs came from pirate101. Very grindy, also there are many cheating bosses/battles along the way that make people following this interactive story.. to put the book down. If it werent for pirate101, KI would not be getting ANY more of my money. I have cancelled Wizard accounts myself, very much due to the change in direction, and catering to those that want a challenge, but are not willing to challenge themselves (you can make wizards as hard as you like, you cant make it easier).

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
OFxLedzeplin has a valid point. Also applies to my other thread about young players completing Zafaria.

- Players who have quite the game aren't reading these forums.
- Only somewhat internet 'savy' players are going to find these forums.
- Only certain personality types will post on the forums.

So anybody that finds the game too hard, challenging or time consuming is not likely to be reading this thread.

Easy measurement: Count the total number of menu chat players in the common area of each world.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, this is definitely an interesting topic, however, everyone has different play styles, different strategies, and different times that they are able to play.

That being said, some people are here to have fun, relax, play a game they love and enjoy themself.
Some people are here to quest, grind, be the most powerful wizard in the spiral. They craft, garden, pet train, farm, and do everything it takes to have the best that is possible in game for their school.

Wizard City = Way too easy

Kroktopia = Way too easy, just long.

Wysteria = Fun, enjoyable, great story line, a slight introduction to cheats, but still pretty easy.

MarleyBone = Easy, hate the ramps, and the back and forth soap opera quests.

Mooshu = Fun, great story line, not very hard or tedious, just perfect and one of my favorite worlds.

Dragonspyre = Great story line, a slight bit tedious, lots of weakness, way too easy for Malistaire!

Grizzleheim = tedious, pending on when you do this, it can be very easy, or slightly difficult.

Wintertusk = A bit of a challenge, tons of fun, love this world. Intro to Waterworks Gear!

Celestia = Nerfed greatly from release, so its much easier now. Intro to Morganthe!

Zafaria = a bit more challenging, very tedious at times with collect quests and fighting the same enemies over and over again. Still a good story line and can be fun once you get past all the collecting quests. Crafted gear was acceptable

Avalon = Tons of Fun, a bit of a challenge, Mobs start with more pips and have higher spells, so you have to be careful what you cast and when you cast it. Quite a few more cheating bosses. Crafted gear is acceptable, but went from blades to traps?

Azteca = Tedious, Nothing NEW! Mobs get more pips & higher spells, what do we get? Enchantments are it! Gear is not better, still no +2 pip wands, or simplify or elucidate and now mobs & bosses steal pips, remove blades and have tons of power, spells, and pips. Not fun, just frustrating. Tedious!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Magus Zeppers on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
There is a problem with this sort of approach.

Your not going to get that many people that say its TOO difficult, because most of them have quit the game already. Common sense, I dont understand how folks cant understand this.

So I will answer your question from the perspective of those I have already seen QUIT the game.

Celestia - Was extremely hard due to many cheating bosses, etc. All cheating bosses were later made optional which retained some customers, but I lost over half my friends list to this world alone due to difficulty.
Zafaria - Nice world, some difficult/grindy issues, but was ok, if you still maintained a subscription after they released Celestia.
Avalon - Loved this place, wasnt too difficult, only had a couple battles that were difficult.
Azteca - Seems rushed. 80% of content/designs came from pirate101. Very grindy, also there are many cheating bosses/battles along the way that make people following this interactive story.. to put the book down. If it werent for pirate101, KI would not be getting ANY more of my money. I have cancelled Wizard accounts myself, very much due to the change in direction, and catering to those that want a challenge, but are not willing to challenge themselves (you can make wizards as hard as you like, you cant make it easier).
Another problem with this is Crowns Players cannot post here. A whole segment of the player base is silenced.

This game has changed a lot since I started. The Counterwieghts in MB have been nerfed. DS has been nerfed. Malistaire's Dungeon was changed so people could solo it (made easier). Celestia has been nerfed and changed around (Those bosses behind the Pylons in Stormriven used to be out in the open in the Grotto.). Friends are reporting the infamous Fire Lion Ravengers quest is eaiser. So there is a definite trend....

I have been looking at wizards levels in the Commons and the Bazaar. I see tons of wizards from the first arc, next most popular levels 60s and a then 70s. I see some 80s and the rare 90. This very informal and unscientific observation tends to back up what I think. The first arc is the most played. That leads me to the conclusion the later worlds are less popular.

I can play the upper worlds but, I find them to difficult for the crowd the game is actively marketed to.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
OFxLedzeplin has a valid point. Also applies to my other thread about young players completing Zafaria.

- Players who have quite the game aren't reading these forums.
- Only somewhat internet 'savy' players are going to find these forums.
- Only certain personality types will post on the forums.

So anybody that finds the game too hard, challenging or time consuming is not likely to be reading this thread.

Easy measurement: Count the total number of menu chat players in the common area of each world.
The thing is if they already quit then they donot count anymore. And if they are not on the forums then your right they cannot voice their opinion but that also means you cannot count them because you dont know which way their vote is swayed.
This is just an attempt to find information as best we can instead of just going on as Pyrsik would say Blind Posting. In all these situations that are on these forums we all must see if something is worth KI's time to look into it.
As ive said numerous times in the past, Why would they change something if only a small amount of people are having an issue with it. The only exception to this is if it doesnt affect the other players that disagree with the change and then it turns into something that the designers should look into.

Take care and safe journeys.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
The thing is if they already quit then they donot count anymore. And if they are not on the forums then your right they cannot voice their opinion but that also means you cannot count them because you dont know which way their vote is swayed.
This is just an attempt to find information as best we can instead of just going on as Pyrsik would say Blind Posting. In all these situations that are on these forums we all must see if something is worth KI's time to look into it.
As ive said numerous times in the past, Why would they change something if only a small amount of people are having an issue with it. The only exception to this is if it doesnt affect the other players that disagree with the change and then it turns into something that the designers should look into.

Well change things they do. Hard content coming out then being nerfed is a well established pattern in this game. That shows it is a concern and KI knows it. Kingurz posted a quote HERE (in the Azteca Forum) from Mr. Coleman. It was quite enlightening. It is about games trying satisfy their diverse player population. Hardcore players (Those that have already finished Azteca.) drive the pace of the game and new content releases. They also drive the difficulty (my opinion). I have come to see to comes down to trying to keep players. There also is risk, IMO.

Yes those players do count. We do which way they voted. They voted to difficult when they left. If they liked it or found it difficult but playable, they would have stayed. They clearly show when the game became more difficult and took a turn.

Wow, you make some really biased assumptions that fit your outcome. Post after post you show a lack of concern about others. This game needs casual, hardcore and middle of the road players to survive. I think KI knows that.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:

Most people don't bother with stuff they don't care about. They just move on. So these forums contain posts only from people who have enough desire to continue playing the game and voice their thoughts. A few momentary exceptions when people post with prior to quiting.

Being a kids game many will not visit these forums, especially those who don't like it for whatever reason. If they found it too difficult they aren't playing anymore and not visiting this forum.

I do not believe this forum is a representitive sample of the general population playing the game. Or not playing the game. Don't get me wrong though, I think this thread does ask an interesting question. The second arc seems very odd to me. Too difficult for young kids, and too simplistic, repetitive, and cartoony for adults. A very narrow target audience is being focused on. Most adults over the age of 25 (that I know) don't want to be battling cartoon rhinos for hours on end.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
For me the difficulty in all the worlds are just right.

The way i look at it, the lone determinant of difficulty in the game does not lie on the worlds being created but the quality time spent by players in the game. What do i mean about this? regardless of age, even If you log in all the time but:

-never did crafting
-did not farm for decent gears like WW
-not interested in gardening
-rely too much on crown/hoard pack gears
-did not spend time or have the patience to hatch and train pets to have decent talents
-never cared for hooking up with friends/random group when questing
-likes to solo but never admitted that own skills are not enough
-never cared or dont have the capacity to adapt or change strategy
-or simply not enough time to play

then the chances of advancing in ANY world in the spiral decreases proportionately and with it frustration, stress and even rage quitting. What happened in AZ in terms of players perspective of the word difficulty happened to ANY world before it. And players who are resistant to change takes the brunt of the effect as the game continues to evolve. All the game mechanics and norms expected from a player playing an MMORPG are placed for everyone to use and advance easier. We freely can do whatever we want to enjoy this magical world and none of them is mandatory. But they are still essential to meet what it takes to take on any world. What I am thankful for about it is that most of it can be done without much real money being spent IF you know what you are doing.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
There is a simple solution to this problem, as evidenced by other games who have already dealt with it;the dungeons should have a difficulty setting for players entering. I will use DDO<Dungeons and Dragons online> as a perfect example:
1) street and random mobs continue at their current difficulty setting unadjusted.
2) All dungeons have a difficulty setting before entering ranging from easy to insane in difficulty.
The entering group selects their preference,and all mobs, drops,etc are adjusted accordingly.

This tried and proven method,allows everyone to enjoy their play style without adversely affecting others. I would venture a guess and say the vast majority of players would like this change.<some people won't like anything you do>

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Megan Frostriver on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Well change things they do. Hard content coming out then being nerfed is a well established pattern in this game. That shows it is a concern and KI knows it. Kingurz posted a quote HERE (in the Azteca Forum) from Mr. Coleman. It was quite enlightening. It is about games trying satisfy their diverse player population. Hardcore players (Those that have already finished Azteca.) drive the pace of the game and new content releases. They also drive the difficulty (my opinion). I have come to see to comes down to trying to keep players. There also is risk, IMO.

Yes those players do count. We do which way they voted. They voted to difficult when they left. If they liked it or found it difficult but playable, they would have stayed. They clearly show when the game became more difficult and took a turn.

Wow, you make some really biased assumptions that fit your outcome. Post after post you show a lack of concern about others. This game needs casual, hardcore and middle of the road players to survive. I think KI knows that.
Agreed the key is to make the population happy to keep gamers playing.

What i meant as not counting was that they cannot post their comments any longer so they cannot be counted as a vote.

Mom2 u clearly misunderstand me, I totally care about other players but what i will not stand for is a small population on a game trying to take control of a game thats all. I have played many games in the past where the development team sided with the smaller population of people complaining and those games ended, EQOA is a perfect example of this. The small population kept getting things changed and before you knew it the game was closing down because of how many people left. So please understand i know i can be arrogant at times and well thats just something some people like an dislike about me. I donot purposly try to offend anyone. But make no mistake i will fight tooth and nail for the higher populations ideas and concerns just so i can try to keep a good game going.

Most people on here seem to be intelligent people and maybe some just dont get or understand what i try to explain at times. I wish back a few years ago i could have voiced more of my opinions to Sony when EQOA was up and running so maybe i couldve helped save it.
I totally agree that all games need a wide range of player styles to make as much profit as they can but you have to understand business and economics also. A game company only stays in business if the highest population in the game is happy. So in my opinion and by using common sense this thread is needed and i just hope alot more players see it and voice an opinion so KI might see it and act on it appropriately no matter which way it goes.
I dont think the game is to difficult but i dont oppose to it getting easier either. Whatever makes the higher population happy is the right thing, I just dont want to see the game end thats all.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Most people don't bother with stuff they don't care about. They just move on. So these forums contain posts only from people who have enough desire to continue playing the game and voice their thoughts. A few momentary exceptions when people post with prior to quiting.

Being a kids game many will not visit these forums, especially those who don't like it for whatever reason. If they found it too difficult they aren't playing anymore and not visiting this forum.

I do not believe this forum is a representitive sample of the general population playing the game. Or not playing the game. Don't get me wrong though, I think this thread does ask an interesting question. The second arc seems very odd to me. Too difficult for young kids, and too simplistic, repetitive, and cartoony for adults. A very narrow target audience is being focused on. Most adults over the age of 25 (that I know) don't want to be battling cartoon rhinos for hours on end.
I agree Rotten but i really dont know how else to get opinions of players. If anyone out there can brainstorm and give a good idea on getting opinions please by all means dont hessitate to bring it up. I just want the players to be heard.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
wintertusk hit the nail on the head as far as game balance, fun, and just plain enjoyable since the cheating bosses were side quests till the end, and even the straight line bosses were the right challenge. So, i was dissappointed when the other spires released after werent at least loosely modeled after wintertusk.
Well to be fair, i am a casual gamer who ends up solo since i get stuck on these did not collect quests and the people give up cause they got theirs and move on so i trudge through till belloq. At this point i usually have lost all hope of keeping "freinds" due to did not collect quests and give up and start another wizard cause at that point i then wonder what happened that KI hates us so darn much anymore. and just start a new wizard and forget everything including that KI hates us and thats why belloq exists until i get that darn quest and then well, i realize that KI still hates us for some reason and start another wizard and lose tons of "freinds" due to did not collect quests. I cant give a fair assessment beyond zafaria cause of this belloq guy and my percieved notion that at that point KI at lest not likes us, and start another wizard. I stick with the vicious cycle because in itself and up to belloq the game is really too much fun.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Intrepidatius on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
There is a simple solution to this problem, as evidenced by other games who have already dealt with it;the dungeons should have a difficulty setting for players entering. I will use DDO<Dungeons and Dragons online> as a perfect example:
1) street and random mobs continue at their current difficulty setting unadjusted.
2) All dungeons have a difficulty setting before entering ranging from easy to insane in difficulty.
The entering group selects their preference,and all mobs, drops,etc are adjusted accordingly.

This tried and proven method,allows everyone to enjoy their play style without adversely affecting others. I would venture a guess and say the vast majority of players would like this change.<some people won't like anything you do>

This idea would probably work. As long as the drops were adjusted as you said. Wouldnt be to fair if someone on easy mode got same rares as someone on hard mode.
All in all this idea has alot of potential and im hoping KI looks at this thread.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

1. To difficult
3. Just right
4. Easy but playable
5. To easy

I waited a few days to post a reply to this. I seem to be at a "crossroads" in the game. I currently have three active accounts. One is my original, and two others were family members who have since lost interest in the game, and I am keeping all three accounts going.

From my point of view, up until Celestia, the game was easy, enjoyable, getting increasingly difficult (which we all enjoyed), and playable.

From Celestia forward, I feel that the game has become increasingly difficult (which I still enjoy), playable (with much more help from henchmen, which I am aware that not everyone has crowns for them), but somehow it has lot the "fun" for me. At times, the quests are so repetitive (especially "defeat and collect...), that it is mind-numbing for me. Hence, no fun.

I can't honestly say that I have found any parts of the game "too difficult" so far. One of my original wizards is now in Zafaria, almost finished, and will soon be approaching Avalon.

From what I have seen posted here and on other fansites, I don't think that I will be making it as far as Azteca. I play the game for fun, stress relief, and an escape from "the real world" anxieties.

So for now, I go back to my other accounts where I am taking my newer wizards back through the fun part of the game (for me, at least). Once they reach Dragonspyre, I'm not sure where they will go from there. Maybe by then we will be seeing some new "side worlds". I really enjoyed Crab Alley and Wysteria. And I keep hoping beyond hope that Professor Greyrose can convince the "powers that be" that we should get to see her world -- Candy World. *sigh*. I can dream, can't I?

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
Agreed the key is to make the population happy to keep gamers playing.

What i meant as not counting was that they cannot post their comments any longer so they cannot be counted as a vote.

Mom2 u clearly misunderstand me, I totally care about other players but what i will not stand for is a small population on a game trying to take control of a game thats all. I have played many games in the past where the development team sided with the smaller population of people complaining and those games ended, EQOA is a perfect example of this. The small population kept getting things changed and before you knew it the game was closing down because of how many people left. So please understand i know i can be arrogant at times and well thats just something some people like an dislike about me. I donot purposly try to offend anyone. But make no mistake i will fight tooth and nail for the higher populations ideas and concerns just so i can try to keep a good game going.

Most people on here seem to be intelligent people and maybe some just dont get or understand what i try to explain at times. I wish back a few years ago i could have voiced more of my opinions to Sony when EQOA was up and running so maybe i couldve helped save it.
I totally agree that all games need a wide range of player styles to make as much profit as they can but you have to understand business and economics also. A game company only stays in business if the highest population in the game is happy. So in my opinion and by using common sense this thread is needed and i just hope alot more players see it and voice an opinion so KI might see it and act on it appropriately no matter which way it goes.
I dont think the game is to difficult but i dont oppose to it getting easier either. Whatever makes the higher population happy is the right thing, I just dont want to see the game end thats all.
Oh my deepest apologies! I did totally misunderstand what you were saying. HMMMM nothing a like a good egg facial to start ones day. I tend to be quite literal and well yeah. So please do just what you did here and tell me when I am being dense.

I agree the more opinions the better. We also agree on wanting the game to be its best and continue on for a long time.

Thanks you so much for the kind response too! It is deeply appreciated. Megan

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The first Arc was fun with the proper increase in difficulty. Spells and even better gear was there when we needed them and not HALF way through the world we were traversing. Like others I lost friends post CL due to the big jump in difficulty but still had one friend that I quested with until we finished it. That friend no longer plays.

Cl was frustrating at the time and the cheating bosses weren't too bad....
ZF for the most part was extrememly tedious with all the collect quests. Even some of the cheating bosses were tolerable.
AV so far has been a little fun, but my life wizard has just gotten into Caer Lyon so will just have to wait and see.
Azteca? None of my wizards are there and not sure that any will ever go there. From what I am hearing from friends that are very good at the game and like a challenge, but did not expect the difficulty level the found. They have also realized the game has gone far beyond the casual gamer and families with younger players. Even they are voicing about the difficulty level.

Honeybee313, you hit the nail on the head. The solution to this problem is to create more side worlds that are as much fun as WinterTusk. Make those side worlds so they may be expandable at a later time. Completely remove the level cap, upgrade the gear along the lines of the WW gear, 2pp wands, better spells. This is just a general Idea, but this way, Azteca would not need to be nerfed. Hardcore players could just play straight through the main Story line if they wish or even do the sides. With no level cap, things like this could even the playing field for ALL players. Since I have given a friend permission to take this idea and run with it if he wishes, I will go no further. I just think it would be a good way to solve the problem.