Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frustrated with Dragon's Hoard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
While i am happy to receive the items that i have gotten in the Dragon's Hoard pack, i have lost count of the times i have bought the pack in hopes of getting the skellatal dragon mount. Each time i see one i get so frustrated with it i just log off. i love this game i really do, but i have just spent so much money on something that seems so easy to get! I am pretty sure that i have gotten every item except the one i want! So, i am asking to those of you that have been lucky enough to get one. Is there a trick, have you spent the outrageous amount of crowns on the pack as i have, or were you truly just lucky?

Sincerely,
Girl who just blew her pay check
P.S. Again......

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
a1lone1bird1lucia wrote:
While i am happy to receive the items that i have gotten in the Dragon's Hoard pack, i have lost count of the times i have bought the pack in hopes of getting the skellatal dragon mount. Each time i see one i get so frustrated with it i just log off. i love this game i really do, but i have just spent so much money on something that seems so easy to get! I am pretty sure that i have gotten every item except the one i want! So, i am asking to those of you that have been lucky enough to get one. Is there a trick, have you spent the outrageous amount of crowns on the pack as i have, or were you truly just lucky?

Sincerely,
P.S. Again......

There is no trick. Just like the second chance chests, hoping for a certain item out of the many that could be given to you, could end up costing you. While I did receive a dragon wing mount, I am a "set" collector. I was hoping to get a full set of either Vigilant, Utility, or Assailing. I got some pieces from each, but called it quits after 15 packs. I'm satisfied with what I did get and knowing that there will more packs like this in the future, I have to tell myself to hold off a wait for what's next. This time next year, no one will really care about the Dragon Hoard gear, Bone Dragon Mount, or the Dragon Wings. There will be something else.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
a1lone1bird1lucia wrote:

Sincerely,
P.S. Again......

what level are you the pack has different drop rates depending on the level of the person buying

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
a1lone1bird1lucia wrote:

Sincerely,
P.S. Again......
It took me about 30 packs to get one. Now I wish I could give you one, I primarily buy the packs to sell most of the items for gold so I have gotten about ten of them since the packs came out. That's good news for you because it shows that they drop quite a bit. If you really want one than keep trying for it, selling the stuff you don't want can earn you quick gold for hatches. (just made my perfect pet) :) :)
Good luck to you