Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frost Giant and the sheilds it gives

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
I just received the Frost Giant and I was very excited to use it. It gives damage and 'stuns' the person for one round. But it also puts 4 shields around them. I have not figured out why or what they do. Can anyone give me a clue?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
The spell (shield) is stun block and the target is given four of them to prevent chain stunning.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
auwolf wrote:
I just received the Frost Giant and I was very excited to use it. It gives damage and 'stuns' the person for one round. But it also puts 4 shields around them. I have not figured out why or what they do. Can anyone give me a clue?

They prevent further stuns from affecting the foe...so you get one stun, and 4 anti-stun shields.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
They're stun shields. It puts them up to stop the next four stuns used on that person/monster. They're there so that you can't just continually stun every turn; they give the person/monster a chance to actually do something rather than getting stunned repeatedly.

Explorer
Jan 20, 2010
These are called "Stun Shields"
since you are a thaumaturge you might have used them (can now be taught by Diego in unicorn way) that they will protect you from getting stunned again...
If you use another Frost Giant, one shield will disappear, and so on.
They added 4 shields (used to be 1) so you wont be able to "chain stun" (use many stun spells repeatably)
Hope this was useful

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
These shields each stop a stun so the enemy wont get stunned if you use it again until you use up al the shields

Joseph Icecaster Level 53 ice /
\

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
Those 4 shields are Stun Shields. its to protect that player so you can't chain stun them over and over. you'd have to eat up those shields in order to stun them again.