Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

For the level 58 pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2011
:(I have a question for wizard101 that i really need wizard101 to answer. i have the forest lord as a pet and my bro has the phoenix pet and we both trained our pets pass adults so why cant it cast the sprit on us? :(

:DThis question is for any one who has level 58 pets.
Can your pets cast the sprite?
What does your pet do?

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Not all first generation pets have the sprite pet talent and even those that usually do, may not manifest it. You can of course take a pet that does not have sprite and hatch it with a pet that does have sprite and possibly get a new pet that may have sprite. No guarantees though.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
elisha658 wrote:
:(I have a question for wizard101 that i really need wizard101 to answer. i have the forest lord as a pet and my bro has the phoenix pet and we both trained our pets pass adults so why cant it cast the sprit on us? :(

What does your pet do?

Pets gain talents in levels by training - this of course is a mixed bag of what talents the pet could get in the first place - flip a big coin here.

I don't have the patience needed for the "chance to get" when it comes to Spritely - maybe because my first pet with it was a Fierce Hound and KI was kind enough to give that Spritely at teen - no matter which way the wind was blowing when I trained that pet. Maybe I would just rather go watch paint dry then train a pet.

Any who - I train to adult if it doesn't get Spritely it gets hatched with a ScareCrow we have that has very good traits and by adult I have been getting Spritely, so far on an Astral Judge and Glazier Cat. We have a Forest Lord with Spritely but his hatches are usually duds.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
elisha658 wrote:

What does your pet do?

To answer your first question~ not all pets have the Sprite talent, and maybe yours don't either. Wizard101 Wiki has a listing of all the pets and what talents they have a chance to get... Just Google wizard101 and your pet's name

Second~ yes, my pet has Sprite, but it's not a school pet~ my Starfish has Sprite and Proof, as does my Polar Cat. My level 58 pet (Judgement) gives a Vengeance card, and has Health Gift, Unbalancer, and May Cast Weakness.

Unfortunately, school pets have mostly selfish stat talents. So, if you want good ones, you'll need to hatch A LOT with pets who have those talents~ and if your pet doesn't get a talent you want by adult, there's no point training it further.

Cheers!
El Veeb (& Kitty the Polar Cat)