Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Flee from fight before you have flee option?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
Idk if i'm missing something in game play here, but I was just in a battle and someone's friend ported to her and apparently didnt want to do the battle. Next thing I know, she is gone and we hadnt had the choice up to pick attacks, pass or flee, so idk how this girl left the fight w/o the flee button choice.

Does anyone know how this happened? I've tried using the home button on my pc which when not in a fight will take me home. I've tried the esc key to back out of a battle before i'm actually in the battle (before flee option is there) I've tried ctrl+esc/ctrl+home/ctrl+alt+esc or home

I think we should have the option to back out of a battle before we are actually 'in' the battle, and somehow i'm sure this girl did just that, I just do not know how she did it. Can anyone help??

Thx all :) Happy Holidays!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have had this happen to me a few times, I think they get a call from either the Pet Derby or PVP and can flee any time that pops up for them.

I must say I am not a fan of this set up - they either drag another monster in a mob fight or did say they would help me with a boss fight I am having a problem with and then in effect flee.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:
Idk if i'm missing something in game play here, but I was just in a battle and someone's friend ported to her and apparently didnt want to do the battle. Next thing I know, she is gone and we hadnt had the choice up to pick attacks, pass or flee, so idk how this girl left the fight w/o the flee button choice.

Does anyone know how this happened? I've tried using the home button on my pc which when not in a fight will take me home. I've tried the esc key to back out of a battle before i'm actually in the battle (before flee option is there) I've tried ctrl+esc/ctrl+home/ctrl+alt+esc or home

I think we should have the option to back out of a battle before we are actually 'in' the battle, and somehow i'm sure this girl did just that, I just do not know how she did it. Can anyone help??

I think When this girl ported to her friend she wasn't in the battle quite yet and still had her options up to port home.... i think it's a case of really quick hands..... i call it porting before asking what there friends are doing....they port with out asking then find that there in a batttle and quickly port out before the game includes them in the fight....

Thanks For Reading

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
I don't think you should be able to flee a battle with other people, becuase it leaves people with more enemies then they can handle. You should only be able to flee when you are by yourself, or if you die in battle. Plus, I consider it cheating the game, if you flee before the battle has started. I'm kind of glad they take your mana when you flee. Mostly like, she teleported to a friend.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
TarynHeart wrote:

If you arrive at a battle circle, without entering the actual duel, you can still use your house or teleport button. Although you can't move, you can still use buttons until your "turn" comes up. Once the duel starts, you have wait until your next turn before you can flee.

Additionally, you notice before you intial turn starts you can use all menu chat. Once the battle officially starts for you, your menu chat changes to battle-based menu chat.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Just click esc and click the quit button. When you come back on you can still get pulled so it doesn't always work.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TarynHeart wrote:

It's possible that she just logged off, or even got kicked off the servers. I don't know of any other way to flee without really fleeing.