Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzles

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I have read a lot of posts regarding fizzles. I understand the various points of view that I read. However, I feel the need to complain about the number of fizzles I get.
Just about every time I go to use a Storm spell, it fizzles. Most of them require 3 or more pips, so by the time I'm about to use it, I've already suffered massive damage and need the spell to work. The folks behind the spells might want to investigate the ratio of spells vs fizzles with the Storm spells. (Just a suggestion.) Other than that, this is a great game and I love being here.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Storm has a high attack, therefore, it has a higher fizzle rate. Depending on your level and gear your fizzles should decrease.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
If you are a storm wizard, (you don't say in your message), around level 30 things get MUCH better. I have a grandmaster storm wizard, and I was about ready to give up on it due to the fizzles (I think I have the Master of Fizzles badge now, lol), but at level 30, with tempest learned and new clothing, I started to fizzle MUCH less. After that, being a storm wizard was a lot of fun.
If you are NOT a storm wizard as your primary school, I don't think there is much hope for your storm spells, unless you can pick up an accuracy boost spell. My kids have a balance wizard and had storm as a secondary school, and ended up getting rid of storm because of the fizzle rate. They went with life as a secondary, which is nice, because now they can blade and heal their partners in big battles.

Rogan Firehammer

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
Storm has a high attack, therefore, it has a higher fizzle rate. Depending on your level and gear your fizzles should decrease.

I am Storm and I see what you mean about high attacks and such, but the Fizzle ratio of Storm is just ridiculous, All Wild Bolts would Fizzle every time. I had six at one time and each Fizzled on me. Storm deffence and resistance needs to get changed do to there High Damage spells FIZZLING 90% of the time. Storm Wizards need to be the Hit point Kings, Not Ice. Storm needs, sometimes to many Hit Point because their good spells Fizzle constanly.

Something...... I say lower PiP cost on Storm Spells, or even have some unique way of Storm Wizards to heal themselves without taking up Life as a Secondary school. Get rid of the Storm Accuracy Buffs because they do nothing, I even stooped to the level of buying Accurracy Elixirs in Crown Shop. What a waste of Crowns they done nothing at all even with an accuracy buff up and Elixir going. Still Fizzled.

This is probly what KI wanted. " They say, hmmm lets make a Storm class. and lets make them a High Damage class, but lets lower their Accuracy to a meer trickle, and stick an increase accuracy potion in the crown shop. This will make us money." Weird thing is after my 1 hour pot got used up I was FIZZLING more then usual.. A strange KA WIN KI DINK I noticed if you ask me.

Well it sure seems like Storm was the money making class, The game now is bigger then ever before so fix Storm, Fire Fizzles to frequent as well but not as bad as Storm does. I dunno.

Storm should get fixed but it never will.

Thanks KI for making a useless class.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
I am new to this game (just started a few days ago) and I agree 100% with this post...and I'm not even storm! I have two guys, one Necromancer and one Myth. My Necro does a bit better than the Myth guy, but I like to plan my cards several turns ahead and when one fissles, it throws the whole plan in the garbage. I'm having a bit of a hard time getting used to this.

Imagine how hard M:TG would be if those spell cards could fissle.

Anyway, aside from the annoying fissling cards, this really is a great game, and I feel for you Storm players.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I am a grandmaster of life with several friends who are Storm grandmasters and I fizzle more than them.

In almost every battle, my first attack 9 out of 10 times will fizzle. So will my first heal, especially if it is desperately needed. If the attack is a centaur from my Grand robe or from an Amulet it will usually fizzle even if it isn't my first attack. A few times a non life wizard had to heal me because of all my fizzles. I understand the dynamics of fizzles. I know the fizzle rate is per card and that makes it to where i have a 10% chance of fizzling each time i cast a spell. Still, the fizzle rate i am seeing is more of a storm wizard than that of life and many of my friends have asked me if i am really a Storm acting like a Life. Upon the pet update my Satyr gained a 5% accuracy. That still did not help. I have played this Life wizard for over a year and it has only been within the last 5 months that this has been a problem. Plz KI, can you look into this problem?

Hannah Lifebringer level 50 Life

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
oh, in case you were wondering I am a level 27 Necromancer, with Storm as my second. Imagine the irony.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
IvoryJade wrote:
I have read a lot of posts regarding fizzles. I understand the various points of view that I read. However, I feel the need to complain about the number of fizzles I get.
Just about every time I go to use a Storm spell, it fizzles. Most of them require 3 or more pips, so by the time I'm about to use it, I've already suffered massive damage and need the spell to work. The folks behind the spells might want to investigate the ratio of spells vs fizzles with the Storm spells. (Just a suggestion.) Other than that, this is a great game and I love being here.

See, storm not the best school like a lot of people think.

I think it focuses too much on damage and it fizzles too much, but some people find a way around it by using accuracy boosts and stuff.

No offense, there is no best or worst schools, all have strengths and weaknesses,

there is no perfect school, and the schools are not going to be changed for you.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
There are fizzles for every type of school. the more powerful the spells for a school are, the more chance you'll fizzle. I researched how often a spell will fizzle for the schools and here they are in order from most often to least often.

Storm
Fire
Death
Ice
Myth
Life

Hope this helps!