Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fix chat please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2018
Dear KI
I do not know if I'm the only one experiencing this but I was talking with a friend about pictures in a private group chat and all of a sudden I got a warning about chat rules being violated or something when all we were talking about were types of pictures we draw or take using cameras. If this is a glitch in your system software please fix it.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2016
Sophia Lifeblood on Sep 25, 2018 wrote:
Dear KI
I do not know if I'm the only one experiencing this but I was talking with a friend about pictures in a private group chat and all of a sudden I got a warning about chat rules being violated or something when all we were talking about were types of pictures we draw or take using cameras. If this is a glitch in your system software please fix it.
You aren't the only one experiencing this. I already made a post about myself getting a chat warning when I was talking about music and what kinds of music I like and who I like to listen to. I was not being inappropriate at all because I like to "keep it clean" as I am fully aware that not all of us are on the older side in terms of age. There are young people who play this game too and I'm wise enough to know that it's never OK to curse in any way, shape, or form. With that being said, I too got a random chat warning saying I had violated the chat rules when I did not even say anything bad. I think that we have nothing to worry about and that it is a glitch in the chat system. If you were legitimately not cursing or being inappropriate, like myself, then you have nothing to worry about. The Kingsisle team is very friendly and understanding about in game glitches and I'm sure the chat system will be evaluated and looked at so innocent Wizards don't end up with unjust mutes or, God forbid, permanent account bans. I'm also a long time Wizard101 player and I absolutely adore this game. I'm glad to have been with the Kingsisle team for these 10 years. Also, I haven't said this yet, but I'd also like to welcome Sparck to the Kingsisle staff and hope he's settling in OK and enjoying work at Kingsisle. Long story short, I am glad that Wizards like you, me, and many others are obeying chat rules and not cursing.

-Long story short, Wizards of Wizard101, remember this. Chatting in this game is a privilege, NOT a right! Kingsisle staff has the right to mute your account as they see fit, but as long as you "keep it clean" and "family friendly" you should be OK. I hope the chat glitch is looked at so innocent wizards don't get unjust mutes or permanent account bans.

With all this being said, court is adjourned. (Criminal Justice major, bear with me)

Sincerely,
Blaze StormSword (Level 102 Diviner, Lore Spell and Promethean Pet Enthusiast)