Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire PVE Deck

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
Hi, I just made a fire wizard (level 10) and am enjoying it so far. However, I'm confused on how to setup my deck. I know as a general rule that you want AOE spells with blades and traps when fighting against mobs and that you need blades, traps, direct hit spells and healing spells against bosses.

But, I am still confused on which spells to use at the moment since I don't get an AOE until level 50 (?). Does anyone know of any level-by-level fire pve deck guides out there? Something that tells you how to setup your deck as you level up. Or maybe can any of you reply with what spells I need? Thank you!!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
That's incorrect. You get Meteor Strike at L22. Perhaps get a wand with ice hits only (versus the ones that give you one of each school spell). This way, you can hit with wands for free, while gaining pips, and setting up whatever blades and traps you want. Another method would be to hit with a wand, then fire elf. At that early a level, it wont take much to kill them. Remember, if you have gold, you can always buy meteor TCs. If you have another wizard on the same account, have them bank share something your little wizard can sell and get money that way.
Eventually, you will carry your best AoE and single target spells up to a point. When high enough, my fire wizard started carrying only Efreet and Fire Dragon. I'd blade up, use whatever sun spells I could to enhance damage (which can be bought in TC version really early on). I also made a pet that had a fireblade as well. This way, very early on, I'd have, if nothing else, item blade and school blade. Both are 0 pip spells so you dont waste pips putting on blades like elemental blade.