Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire is at an extreme disadvantage.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I would like to point out how better than fire storm is(at legendary). Whereas they get around 70% damage, just as good accuracy as fire, same power pip chance, same critical rating, about 400 health less( the only advantage, not much seeing as they can kill very fast), and some defense, all fire gets is around 40% strength, 19% accuracy(at best) same critical power pip blah blah etc., and a small amount of storm and ice defense(???really??).
Yeah we really have a chance in a 1v1.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
If you are talking about pvp here;

First off this should be in the pvp section.

Second: Fire is totally dominent 1vs1 only close followed by myth and ice(if you have legendary gear on ice). Versus a good fire wizard going first you are almost ensured a loss. Maybe you just don't know how to play fire that well yet.

If you are talking pve, fire can solo just about anything with the right 2ndary school spells even most of CLs bosses.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Do you know how much harder it is to block fire's DoT spells?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Fire's DOT laughs at your puny shield, as it will only take away part of the first damage you recieve - the other two rounds will be at full power, while we gather up even more pips to smack you around with a Helephant or Efreet as you run around in circles and try to keep the damage over time from burning you to a fine crisp.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
i think what he's trying to say is that its unfair that storm and life and many more schools now have more damage then fire. i've noticed it to and it seems that at least 3 schools now have more damage then us with legendary gear and it shouldnt be that way we should be the school with the second best damage not the fourth best damage

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Oh, I thought this was a legitimate complaint, not some more PvP whining. Like Mordikay said, this should be in the PvP section.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Learn to utilize your Minion. Using your Minion will often draw off their attacks due to the fact that the minion has a tendency to chain smoke screen.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
funny, I've encountered many legendary fire players who claimed their school was on the top in PvP and while I did not personally agree with their assessment they themselves did and playing both balance and storm I still prefer to play with a knowledged fire player on my side if they actually know how to play it most effectively of which most don't

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
one thing about fire you must remember is to get high hit you must learn to combo.

this is the secret to those massive hits by fire

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
scarpion18 wrote:
I would like to point out how better than fire storm is(at legendary). Whereas they get around 70% damage, just as good accuracy as fire, same power pip chance, same critical rating, about 400 health less( the only advantage, not much seeing as they can kill very fast), and some defense, all fire gets is around 40% strength, 19% accuracy(at best) same critical power pip blah blah etc., and a small amount of storm and ice defense(???really??).
Yeah we really have a chance in a 1v1.

Dude I don't know what the spell name is but it does like 1,000 and does like 200 to you. If you used all your blades and traps and used Wyldfire, it would probobly do 20,000 and 5,000 to yourself, but use a minus 80 and ice tower shields!

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
y'all are missing the main points its about how many more schools now have more boosts for there school then the fire school

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Haze922 wrote:
y'all are missing the main points its about how many more schools now have more boosts for there school then the fire school

I think you Fire people that are having trouble should learn how to use it. Save for storm no school is stronger.

I had no issues at all with my Legendary Pyromancer character in Celestia. Fire people should definately train at the Sun School for the damage boosts.

For an example with my guy I use Meteor Strike a lot. The base damage is 305-345. Yes that's weak , but if I add my Gargantuan boost which adds 225 that takes it up to a base of 530-570. Now I add my 45% damage boost from my clothes that takes it to 769-827. I then put on my fireblade which is 35%. That takes it to 1,038-1,116. I can attack almost every time after playing my Fireblade because you get power pips like crazy. At least 1000 damage to all enemies after 1 turn is crazy. This is a 4 pip spell. I also boost my Fire Dragon sometimes and the damage on that with a few boosts is crazy. Just depends. No onto Efreet. It has a base Damage of 895. I add my Sun School boost and that takes it to a base of 1120. Plus my clothes which is plus 45% takes it to a base damage of 1624. I can get to that without even taking a turn to put on blades. With it being 8 pips you have at least 4 turns to add blades and or traps. So add a Fireblade and that takes it to 2192 and then a Fire Trap that takes it to 2741. So you can get this damage without using 1 pip. Add the Blade boosts you can get from the Balance Tree and you will absolutely destroy most bosses. This is only a few I do, but you can do the same thing with other spells like Immolate and Scald and get tons of damage. Not to mention I can get my Critical chance up to almost 50% with the Star School boost Infallible which gives you a 20% Critical boost for 4 rounds.

Sorry this is so long, but I think the Fire school is almost unfair as it is easy to kill pretty much everything. I hope this helps. :D

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
Fire's DOT laughs at your puny shield, as it will only take away part of the first damage you recieve - the other two rounds will be at full power, while we gather up even more pips to smack you around with a Helephant or Efreet as you run around in circles and try to keep the damage over time from burning you to a fine crisp.

thats more like it!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Haze922 wrote:
i think what he's trying to say is that its unfair that storm and life and many more schools now have more damage then fire. i've noticed it to and it seems that at least 3 schools now have more damage then us with legendary gear and it shouldnt be that way we should be the school with the second best damage not the fourth best damage

yeah our gear should have more advantages like the other schools more damage more accuracy more health more mana more block more critical MORE DAMAGE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
From what I remember, Fire is the only school without a treasure card blade...

If we had such one, though, a fully powered Heck Hound with Gargantuan would utterly annihilate anything that happened to be standing nearby.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
ok i do agree that we are a little weak but compare our rank eight spell to all the others. We do 895 and a -90% power to there next attack. I mean that is so worth it. The storm one does a little over one thousand and removes to charms. so that is a little unfair. but like life deserves that power of the all around because they really never had that kind of power. ice isnt that good it does less than ours and still taunts which is still not good (for them). Balance has always been good for medusa and balance is just unfair so you are right but wrong, you just need a stradegy.