Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Elf Pathfinder Daily Assignment

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 01, 2009
397
This morning I spent over half an hour switching realms in an attempt to complete the daily assignment: defeat one fire elf pathfinder. Every time the daily assignment is "defeat one fire elf pathfinder," I visit realm after realm after realm, desperately searching for the NPC so I can complete the assignment and start my actual day.

I don't mind challenging daily assignments, I do mind wasting my time because KI can't seem to generate enough fire elf pathfinders on each realm for players to complete the assignment. Please, please fix this, either by creating more fire elf pathfinders or eliminating that assignment.

Thank you.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2637
100% agree. Most aggravating daily quest there is.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
868
Snee432 on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
This morning I spent over half an hour switching realms in an attempt to complete the daily assignment: defeat one fire elf pathfinder. Every time the daily assignment is "defeat one fire elf pathfinder," I visit realm after realm after realm, desperately searching for the NPC so I can complete the assignment and start my actual day.

I don't mind challenging daily assignments, I do mind wasting my time because KI can't seem to generate enough fire elf pathfinders on each realm for players to complete the assignment. Please, please fix this, either by creating more fire elf pathfinders or eliminating that assignment.

Thank you.
When I saw the assignment for today, I skipped it. Sometimes I find as many as 4 Fire Elf Pathfinders on a day that they are NOT the assignment. But it seems as soon as Ol' Aegon wants a Pathfinder, they go into hiding.
I would prefer that this mob enemy be removed from the Daily Assignment list.

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1986
The perfect realms (Satyr, Unicorn. Stormzilla etc) on the final pages usually have them in abundance.


Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
The same is sometimes true of other daily tasks.

At least the elf location is easy to find. Try ambling around the various parts of Dragonspyre, not knowing if you are even in the right area, or street, or not. It's like a maze, I don't remember the names of any of the monsters, and even looking it up online, doesn't always help, because each area has so many ambling and sprawling streets.

It would be nice if the announcement included where to find the monster, in specific description.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
17
I agree with SNEE432!!!

I'm surprised no one has brought it up until now! I have done that Daily Assignment quest in Firecat Alley to defeat a FireElf Pathfinder so many times, I can't even count! And each time I'm there doing exactly what SNEE432 said, spending so much time switching realms and wasting time trying to find an enemy that is very hard to find!!! I wish this would be fixed for us, because every time I get that same Daily Assignment to defeat a FireElf Pathfinder, my heart gets a little sadder!

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
868
Angel DarkBlood on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
I agree with SNEE432!!!

I'm surprised no one has brought it up until now! I have done that Daily Assignment quest in Firecat Alley to defeat a FireElf Pathfinder so many times, I can't even count! And each time I'm there doing exactly what SNEE432 said, spending so much time switching realms and wasting time trying to find an enemy that is very hard to find!!! I wish this would be fixed for us, because every time I get that same Daily Assignment to defeat a FireElf Pathfinder, my heart gets a little sadder!
I brought up the subject recently in my post: "firecat alley & daily assignments", I guess most of you missed reading it.

However, I'm very glad someone has brought this subject up again, maybe KI will pay more attention to a group complaining that a sole complainer!

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
78
i had no trouble finding them. and i using 4 wizards . so i do daily quests twice a day as i dual box. and i had no problems finding a pathfinder. granted the first time i found only one and the second time i found a lot more.

for other quests it is sometimes difficult to find a particular mob grouping. but i usually find it.

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
968
SparkleTude on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
The same is sometimes true of other daily tasks.

At least the elf location is easy to find. Try ambling around the various parts of Dragonspyre, not knowing if you are even in the right area, or street, or not. It's like a maze, I don't remember the names of any of the monsters, and even looking it up online, doesn't always help, because each area has so many ambling and sprawling streets.

It would be nice if the announcement included where to find the monster, in specific description.
I shudder when the Gravuluum quest is in Dragonspyre.

The worst though was Gloom Fairies in Mooshu. Took me the better part of my morning to find some.

Steven Ghoststalker
77

We're going to remove Fire Elf Pathfinders from Daily Assignments in the Fall Update.

Arthur

Mastermind
Sep 01, 2009
397
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
We're going to remove Fire Elf Pathfinders from Daily Assignments in the Fall Update.

Arthur
Thank you so much!

Survivor
Aug 24, 2017
8
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
We're going to remove Fire Elf Pathfinders from Daily Assignments in the Fall Update.

Arthur
Thank you!!! I also spent forever on that stinky daily quest!

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
868
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
We're going to remove Fire Elf Pathfinders from Daily Assignments in the Fall Update.

Arthur
( Thankful applause ).

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
Ironically I found a Pathfinder fairly quickly but, I do have this issue regarding Dragonspyre.

Mastermind
Sep 01, 2009
397
SparkleTude on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
The same is sometimes true of other daily tasks.

At least the elf location is easy to find. Try ambling around the various parts of Dragonspyre, not knowing if you are even in the right area, or street, or not. It's like a maze, I don't remember the names of any of the monsters, and even looking it up online, doesn't always help, because each area has so many ambling and sprawling streets.

It would be nice if the announcement included where to find the monster, in specific description.
Using the teleporters in the wild hope you'll wind up sort of near the NPC, wandering aimlessly, not being able to remember where some undead tree mob is-I feel your pain. And I agree wholeheartedly that there needs to be more detail in the assignment(s).

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
Snee432 on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
Using the teleporters in the wild hope you'll wind up sort of near the NPC, wandering aimlessly, not being able to remember where some undead tree mob is-I feel your pain. And I agree wholeheartedly that there needs to be more detail in the assignment(s).
Thank you so much.

When I google, the most I might find out might be the sub-section the enemy wanders around in.

But it never says which entrance I should take from the 'lobby' of Dragonspyre, to get there. Not all sub sections are on the map, either.

Then once I finally figure out where that tiny area is, you're exactly accurate: I then have to skip around using the teleporters within that area, and go up and down every winding sidewalk.

In some cases I was on the right one near the start of my two hour attempt but the enemies required in the Daily Task were already all depleted by other members, since we all have the same task.

KI: Please no ultra scarce enemies and please include more clues on how to get there and find them. Lol Especially if it's Dragonspyre. Strangely it seems like every time I get a notion to try the Daily it is on Dragonspyre that day. Lol

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
868
SparkleTude on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
Thank you so much.

When I google, the most I might find out might be the sub-section the enemy wanders around in.

But it never says which entrance I should take from the 'lobby' of Dragonspyre, to get there. Not all sub sections are on the map, either.

Then once I finally figure out where that tiny area is, you're exactly accurate: I then have to skip around using the teleporters within that area, and go up and down every winding sidewalk.

In some cases I was on the right one near the start of my two hour attempt but the enemies required in the Daily Task were already all depleted by other members, since we all have the same task.

KI: Please no ultra scarce enemies and please include more clues on how to get there and find them. Lol Especially if it's Dragonspyre. Strangely it seems like every time I get a notion to try the Daily it is on Dragonspyre that day. Lol
Although you have a point & your opinion is valid; I believe part of the challenge of the Daily Assignment is testing your knowledge of Wizard101 and how well you remember the worlds.
Many of the posters on this thread have replied to others asking for help, you're displaying your knowledge of this game.
We really don't need further guidance in finding those mobs, usually a little effort to search is all that's required - and face it - it's more of a challenge than those low level mobs we are often sent to fight ( At least for the max level wizards. )

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1443
anecorbie on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:
Although you have a point & your opinion is valid; I believe part of the challenge of the Daily Assignment is testing your knowledge of Wizard101 and how well you remember the worlds.
Many of the posters on this thread have replied to others asking for help, you're displaying your knowledge of this game.
We really don't need further guidance in finding those mobs, usually a little effort to search is all that's required - and face it - it's more of a challenge than those low level mobs we are often sent to fight ( At least for the max level wizards. )
I disagree.

Yes, I have openly admitted that I do not have every aspect of the Dragonspyre map memorized (nor do I want or need to, since I have completed it long ago.) If that is what you meant by "you are displaying your knowledge of the game."

That was the point I was trying to make. Most people are not going to know how to locate a scarce enemy in a place in which almost all its sub-areas look the same, and in which internet searches will not make clear where the enemy is other than vague or confusing mentions, or how to get there.

Also you're overlooking that especially in cases where the enemy is scarce, which is why I specified that aspect of it too, we could amble up and down every single street in Dragonspyre, which could take hours, looking for something that has been depleted, killed off, isn't there any more. So there's not even a way to luck into finding it by ambling, most of the time.

I'm sorry but my time means something to me, and the game is for pleasure. Ambling all over the place hoping to trip over the required monster isn't fun for me. If the game is not fun it is useless to me. That literally is its purpose.

I have no wish or need to prove my knowledge of video game maps, or to be challenged in that way. It doesn't lead to any type of skill or improvement of the game because I don't wish or need or want in any way to retain that information. It's not valuable information and there is no reason it cannot be supplied when needed.

I can't keep all the monsters in Dragonspyre straight either. So many of them look alike. There are worlds in which I can remember different areas or monsters simply because the scenery and monsters are different enough. Dragonspyre is like an endless Xerox and ambling my visually least favorite world isn't enjoyable to begin with.

Thanks for telling me my opinion is valid (isn't everyone's?) but we simply disagree. Neither of us are 'right' or wrong we just enjoy different things. So please don't include me in "we."