Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fantastic New Producer's Letter

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 11, 2013
Just wanted to congratulate KI on the latest Producer's Letter. That was one of the most thorough and honest producer's letters I've read in my 7 years of playing this game. Great job Kingsisle!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Yes, but now that I think about how long redoing a world takes, I can presume it'll be years for KI alone to redo the remaining worlds, even if it means revising the existing storyline in past worlds to retrofit them with dynamic cinematics, unique story animations, music cues & themes for story moments, etc., and, honestly, I would REALLY love for KI to streamline the grinding at Khrysalis, cause there's a lot of going back and forth just to get to the important story moments. Really bothersome.

My suggestion to trim down the estimated time I presumed on that is to outsource some artists, modelers, animators, engineers, so on, to shave down years ahead for KI to do alone, and maybe hire more people to help out, too. The more people onboard, the faster it gets done. Do please take it into consideration, Sparck and Professor Falmea.

Moreover, stronger computer hardware has been on the rise that allowed for more capabilities than before, including better textures, models with more polygons to allow better expression to characters, & etc., so, sooner or later, W101's graphical client should be upgraded to allow such capabilities, & have it converted from 32-bit to 64-bit, to those who own Mac computers that are dropping 32-bit programs' support. Something else to consider, too.

Never hurts to be ahead.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
This is what I like to see; transparency and effective communication from the staff of KI to us, the community members.

It was a relaxing read and its even good to see our voices being heard as Professor F eloquently expresses within the letter.

It was also good to see the intention on continuing the re-vamp. I am glad that the KI Staff knows and understand how pleased we are with the new updates and are anticipating the future ones!

I'm hoping this level on communication does continue. We like it.

Thanks and KI, please do keep up the steady and progressive work!

And remember; if you're unsure about how something will affect the community, just ask.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
AlextheWizard53 on May 8, 2019 wrote:
Just wanted to congratulate KI on the latest Producer's Letter. That was one of the most thorough and honest producer's letters I've read in my 7 years of playing this game. Great job Kingsisle!
I agree!

I really appreciate that KI is sharing their thoughts and ideas about the game with us and are open to discussing changes they're thinking about making

I think it brings the company and community together, and will benefit the game by having a wider variety of thoughts and ideas brought to the table before decisions are made. There is a far better chance for changes to be welcomed and accepted, especially because knock-on effects will have been considered and mitigated if necessary before changes are made.

It's much more positive to work together to make improvements than jumping in with a change, facing crazy backlash because of some unexpected knock-on effect, then having to tweek it here and tweek it there to try to 'fix it'.

Honestly, KI's communication and relationship with the community seems stronger than ever! Thanks KI and thanks to the community too

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
AlextheWizard53 on May 8, 2019 wrote:
I just read it. I think it's amazing. Now I'm curious. They mentioned the hole. And PvP fixes. And another new event about getting together. I wonder, I wonder, iwonderiwonderiwonderiwonder. Congrats all around! Ooooh, I can't wait for the excitement!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
It is amazing how everyone reads these things differently. I see no transparency here at all, they are just explaining things that make no sense. To me they have again used a lot of words to say absolutely nothing, except deckathlon will be out next week.

I also hope before they redo PvP from top to bottom, they actually do PvP or have someone with experience in this and/or other games and formats, or we will just wind up in a new mess.