Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

family of 3, suggestions on classes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Hey,

Me and my oldest child played in the past and got a few characters up to level 50 (storm, myth, death and fire). We quit playing a few years ago, but have recently come back (now my youngest child wants to play). Any suggestions on a solid party of 3?

Thanks for any advice

My firth thought was the following (although I know nothing about content post-50)
character #1
- storm (I like tempest and other high damage spells) -
-minor school= death for Feint
- minor school= life (for some healing)

character #2
- life (to keep party alive)
- minor school = death for Feint

character #3
- have not decided

Thoughts?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
mbulloc wrote:
Hey,

Me and my oldest child played in the past and got a few characters up to level 50 (storm, myth, death and fire). We quit playing a few years ago, but have recently come back (now my youngest child wants to play). Any suggestions on a solid party of 3?

Thanks for any advice

My firth thought was the following (although I know nothing about content post-50)
character #1
- storm (I like tempest and other high damage spells) -
-minor school= death for Feint
- minor school= life (for some healing)

character #2
- life (to keep party alive)
- minor school = death for Feint

character #3
- have not decided

Thoughts?

If you're going to use Storm and Life, have the third play a Balance wizard. S/he will be able to buff all 3 of you, take a lot of damage, and even get some healing abilities of her (or his) own, down the road. Eventually, s/he'll also be able to deal damage for all 7 schools, too.

My first wizard was a sorcerer~ it took a while (as in, 60 levels), but I eventually bonded with her; it takes a certain personality to play Balance, and it's totally not me. :P I've played all 7 schools now, and I'm very much like you~ my soul is Storm, through & through. ;)

If you plan to PvP at all, you may also want to consider an Ice/Life/Myth trio. Ice has massive health and resistance~ when combined with Life's healing power and Myth's ability to bypass shields/knock off blades, I can see those three being pretty deadly.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

"El Veeb"
the Archmage of Awesomeness ;)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Balance for character #3. Balance fits in well with any group. The Life wizard will be solid for the cheat dungeons and your choice of Storm will make the duels go by quicker.

Wizard101 is neat, because just about any combination of wizards will work (even a team of all Storm or Life!!!), so don't worry about picking the wrong school.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
If you are going to run 3 at a time, storm life and balance are great choices. However, I would save some training points, particularly on storm, for the 5 sun spells to colossal. :) The Duelist101 just put out an updated Training Points Calculator that can help you determine which spells you should train. It is here:

http://duelist101.com/tp_calc.html

Good luck!