Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Family accounts sharing items

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2010
I'm trying to understand this note from Professor Greyrose:

"We feel that an economy of item trading is not appropriate for our game. KingsIsle Entertainment has developed Wizard101 to be an exciting and fun online experience for people of all ages. We believe that an important part of delivering online entertainment is to provide a safe environment for all players, and that’s a responsibility we take seriously. Introducing an in-game item trading economy does not fit with our values and vision for Wizard101. "

If accounts are family accounts why couldn't there be a slot in the bank called Family Bank. This way if I want to give my son a really nice robe I can do that. Or if he wants a pet that has Spritely and can't seem to get it, I can give him one of mine. I do not consider this a "trading economy", but rather a bonus for having a subscription and a family account. Please help me understand.

Plus sorry I made a new subject but the other one was locked.

Have a GREAT day and I LOVE THIS GAME.
Jeannie or as I'm otherwise known as Mom Destroyer 8)

Administrator
MomDestroyer wrote:
I want to give my son a really nice robe I can do that. Or if he wants a pet that has Spritely and can't seem to get it, I can give him one of mine. I do not consider this a "trading economy"

We do consider this a trading economy. Each individual must earn their own items.

Also what if your son gives his password away (not saying he would)? Suddenly there's a stranger in your family group who has transferred everything off all your characters to his. Item trade will not be a part of Wizard101.

We do appreciate your wish to assist your son, but the items will have more worth to him if he earns them himself.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Altho I would love to have this feature also I do see why it would just open another can of worms for KI to keep track of. It leaves to much of an opening for abuse and just would not be practical.

Again much as I would really like this feature we must understand how it could be abused.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
If accounts are family accounts why couldn't there be a slot in the bank called Family Bank. This way if I want to give my son a really nice robe I can do that. Or if he wants a pet that has Spritely and can't seem to get it, I can give him one of mine.

When you purchase Crowns, you can transfer crowns from one family account to another. So if you had a particular item in mind, you can give him crowns to purchase it on his own. You can also "gift" an item from the crown shop to your son.

I understand K.I. when they say we must work for our items (drops and those purchased with gold), and not just have them handed to us.

Destiny SpiritGiver

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
From my experience from other MMOs, the single most reason for scamming, password sniffing, hacking, spoofing, etc was to acquire someone's account information to steal their stuff, sell for in-game currency and then sell for real life money.

Accounts can be "rolled back," but I believe a bonus (in light of the negative aspects already mentioned) is a deterrent from this type of activity.