Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Family accounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2009
I was going to sign up for a family account until I found out that the two accounts would not be linked to one another. I would like to have ti so that you can link the accounts together. To be honest, I would love to start another account for myself so that I can play two characters at once.

I realize that maybe Wizard101 is worried about doing this since parents might find their expensive items being sold if the kids have access to their banks. However, if you were to give those who have the family plans the choice if they want to link the accounts or not, that would make that problem go away.

Just a thought.

Sharon

The accounts can only be linked for billing purposes and the feature of transferring Crowns between accounts.

Players will never have the ability to transfer items between two different accounts.

We have offered players over the age of 18 the Gifting Option if you want to gift items at point of purchase to your friends, however you cannot give them items you already own.

If you have two account logins, you can play both at the same time on the same computer (with a reasonably newer computer). Just run one instance of Wizard101 and login, then run a second.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
I thought I replied to this one yesterday, but maybe I forgot to hit post Submit button.

The short of it was, your concern about not sharing items between accounts may be overblown. It is quite likely most of the dropped items you receive you will sell at the Bazaar and use the gold to get something you wanted instead.

Now having said that, you can share most items between characters in the SAME account; this is pretty nice, especially since pets cannot be traded or bought and sold at the bazaar. The way to share items is to go to your bank in your dorm room (or bought house) and click on the Backpack tab, find the item, and then click on Move to Shared Bank (or something like that).

Oddly enough, you cannot put Treasure Cards in the Shared Bank; but with two accounts, you have an advantage, trade with a character on the other account, switch characters, and trade back. Voila!

The $6.95 for two or more Family plan is a heck of a deal. When I run into other parents with kids we all reach the same agreement, its the way to go, and especially if you share accounts. And another bonus is you always have two characters available to take on dungeons like the Sunken City that otherwise might need a much higher character to solo.

The few exceptions I have seen about not sharing between accounts is a few amulets, pets, and Crown items. So spend Crowns carefully, pick items that many characters can use. Pets and items that give zero and one pip cards or are Balance tend to be the most shareable, for instance, the Phosphorescent Maul (five zero pip Fire wand cards and +1 power pip at level 25), or the dragon pet that gives one Balance Blade card, or the clothing item in Mooshu that gives a Weakness Card. A bad example would be the gift card that gives a Storm Prism or the article of clothing I bought with Crowns that gave a Dryad card, useful only to my Life wizard.

Keep in mind that you will be getting dropped pets as you progress thru the game, and at level 48, after you finish a quest, you will get a school appropriate pet.

Hope this helps.