Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

false report

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
Professor Greyrose I just want to tell you that i get false reported and i would like to now if there is any chance of my being banned or muted please reply asap i want to no if i am near any of those

Administrator
When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
thank you professor for the clarification .
could this be made a sticky so no one else will lose the explanation?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
When you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assess the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions such as muting or banning and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just a egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

What if you accidentally report someone, not purposefully? Will your account be banned, out of clumsiness of yourself? That sounds sad...

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Just a question, I know it sounds silly, but reports are anonymous right? Cause the last thing I need is a kid who is swearing or something like that getting a blurb saying "_________ reported you," and then I end up getting false reported as payback or banned or something like that.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
Just a question, I know it sounds silly, but reports are anonymous right? Cause the last thing I need is a kid who is swearing or something like that getting a blurb saying "_________ reported you," and then I end up getting false reported as payback or banned or something like that.

Yes, ozzyrocker, reports are anonymous. I sometimes stand in the Commons, watching people interact. Invariably I see some cursing, report it, and then watch as the reported person accuses everyone around him/her of the report. It's quite funny.

qbb

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
ozzyrocker412 wrote:

Yes, ozzyrocker, reports are anonymous. I sometimes stand in the Commons, watching people interact. Invariably I see some cursing, report it, and then watch as the reported person accuses everyone around him/her of the report. It's quite funny.

qbb

I reported a group of people yesterday. They accused each other, then wondered who reported them,continued cussing away and wondered why they were reported. Some people are just clueless. I always laugh at their reaction. Lets dig ourselves a deeper hole.

Off topic-
Queenlybluebean,
I am glad to see you posting more. I enjoy reading your answers.

Megan

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
I reported a group of people yesterday. They accused each other, then wondered who reported them,continued cussing away and wondered why they were reported. Some people are just clueless. I always laugh at their reaction. Lets dig ourselves a deeper hole.

Off topic-
Queenlybluebean,
I am glad to see you posting more. I enjoy reading your answers.

Megan

Why, thanks, Megan. I appreciate such a lovely comment. I'm currently on summer break and have way too much time on my hands. Hence the frequent posting and tormenting of language transgressors in the Commons. LOL, I love summer

qbb