Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Extra points

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 12, 2009
I have a question about training points. Counting the remaining zeke quests, i have three training points. I learned storm, niles' spells, and moon spells. Say I use the final three, will I still need them in the future? I've bought my training points back twice and I want to avoid any more of that. So the question is, can I use it?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I've bought my training points back quite a couple times myself because of my Sorcerer. I couldn't really find the right secondary for him (I had tried Life and Storm, but both were useless), so I just decided to get all the Astral spells instead. KI might come out with some more Moon spells or some other type of magic you might want, so I'd say save them. Even if you choose not to, you'll still get more training points once they increase the level cap. It's really up to you and what you think is better for your wizard.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
ezrajoseph wrote:
I have a question about training points. Counting the remaining zeke quests, i have three training points. I learned storm, niles' spells, and moon spells. Say I use the final three, will I still need them in the future? I've bought my training points back twice and I want to avoid any more of that. So the question is, can I use it?

Becareful using up all your training points. Lots of wizards got upset with the release of the astral school since they had used all their training points on a secondary school. Those same wizards also complained about the crowns price to get more points back so they could "play" with the new Moon, Sun, and Star toys.

Fast forward to the release of the mastery amulets. Yet again, wizards complained that the amulets changed the game completely and wanted their training points back to specialize into a secondary school again. They also demanded cheaper training buyback program.

My advice, keep the three training points. You never know what is coming around the corner. While more training points are likely to be offered in the future, you may want more of the newer spells than new training point quests can offer.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
It would help to know what level your wizard is but in general you only use training points for spells you know you want, or will want to use.
If you have already bought back your spells twice then you are probably being impulsive about choosing them. If you are not sure then just hang on to one or two training points just in case.
My Fire is legendary but still has five training points he has never used because I have yet to find another useful spell for him.
There is always the choice of choosing different spells, and it is always a possibility that new spells will be added to the game.

Defender
May 12, 2009
Thanks everyone. For the record, all though I was impulsive, it was only on one of those times. The other two I thought it out more. I am level 60 and i was thinking about learning star to answer your question. Thanks again.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009

i found that i could not do a secondary school in raven wood
so i bought back all my training points
and along with the point Zeke and Ogden gave
i have a pile of them so i spent one or two at the secret shops
and did half the sun and half the star schools
and hung on to the rest,
i have 12 points for future schools to use.

i am a Pyromancer who uses only a fire deck as my main deck and
anything else will be in treasure cards

saving points if possible is the way to go