Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Experience bar, No level up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 26, 2015
I was working really hard to level up my wizard to 96 so I could wear a hat I crafted. I did a bunch of sides and dungeons and was very close to levelling when I did the Avalon Telegraph Box.
I finished the instance and should have levelled up, but my experience bar maxed, reset back to the first square in it, but I didn't get the Level up notification, and I am still 95, without the full bar.
I am very frustrated and want this fixed. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm just so upset.

Explorer
Oct 01, 2011
Maybe you were level 94 and just convinced yourself you were level 95?
Happens to me when I am farming for reagents and I think I have enough then I realize I was telling myself I had 24 when I was only getting 24 from it.

As for not seeing the level up maybe it happened during a cut scene and you missed it?

Screen shots of the XP gained in the chat and shots of your current XP after the *level up* prove that while it did reset you didn't gain a level when the XP from the quest is more than your current XP in the bar
(screenshots also greatly speeds up things for anyone working to resolve this if it is a bug)

If this is a common bug maybe check in the Bugs section on the message board. If there are no reports there it could be a very specific thing to that level in that instance thus no one has reported it

Hope this helps, no easy way to test this unfortunately

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I've had that happen after completing dungeons a few times. I didn't get the level up notification with the health and mana increases on the screen, and my XP progress bar was in the same spot as it was when I started.

But when I looked at my character sheet, my level did go up, and my XP had progressed. Once I left the dungeon, the XP bar refreshed to where it should have been as soon as the XP was awarded, so everything was good.

I've never experienced the level resetting though. If that is indeed what happened, KI's logs should show that so if you haven't already, I'd send the issue to the support team to look into it.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Wow, never seen this before.

However, if this was a bug, note that it should be posted in Halston's Laboratory and not necessarily here.

What you can do though is try emailing KI at support@wizard101.com

They most likely will require screenshots as poof to your claim though.

But to add, I've confused levels as well when looking forward to wearing future gear, so this might have happened to you as well..