Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Epic Bundle....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
I see that as of August 7th the epic bundle is being dropped... when bundle packs are discontinued does a new one typically pop up in its place?

My son wants a bundle pack with the house and all the bells and whistles but now I am left wondering if I should get the Epic bundle before it goes away or if I should wait and see if a new one is coming out in its place... HELP!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
tiffanybonney wrote:
I see that as of August 7th the epic bundle is being dropped... when bundle packs are discontinued does a new one typically pop up in its place?

My son wants a bundle pack with the house and all the bells and whistles but now I am left wondering if I should get the Epic bundle before it goes away or if I should wait and see if a new one is coming out in its place... HELP!

Um, there are a bunch already out. The Epic Bundle was the first.

There are: Mega Bundle, Super Bundle, Majestic Bundle, Hawk Rider Bundle, Pagoda Gauntlet, and probably a few I'm missing.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
tiffanybonney wrote:

I wouldn't bet on a new Bundle pack coming out soon. The Majestic Bundle was released only a short time ago and Bundle packs don't usually come out at a rapid pace.

I would ask yourself (or your son) if the Epic Bundle is what he really wants (theme wise). All the Bundle packs typically come with the same type items, just variations in themes. The Mega, Super and Majestic Bundles do come with daily rewards that the Epic does not have.

Besides, although the Bundle itself might be retiring, we may see the individual items from the Bundle resurface in the future. I guess the question is, do you think you or your son will kick yourself later on for not getting the Epic Bundle while the items were guarenteed? Or if you just want a nice house, it might not be that big of deal to miss out on the Epic Bundle items.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
I would like some clarification about this as well. Will we still be able to buy the things in the bundle, just not together? Will the epic bundle be put on sale again some day?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
tiffanybonney wrote:

i say get the epic bundle
yes its that as flashy as some other ones
but buy it a day before it stops being sold
then ( if he doesnt know its about to go away somehow)
show him its going away and that you bought it cause its about to run out
just my 2 cents

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Personally I find all bundles have their pros and cons. Altho I found at the time it came out this bundle did offer more value, now others have been up dated to include more. The gear being dated is a draw back. I had gotten this bundle when my wizard was level 40 and now at that level better gear is available. Newer bundles have secret drops daily. In the end I think the Fierce Hound was my best investment in this bundle and I am glad I got it for that.

My pet peeve with bundles is the housing is limited to the wizard you redeem it on since housing is not transferable. I had invested in quite a few bundles when my grand kids where playing, they both got the Epic and then the Sultan's Palace and shortly after moved on to another game.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
brwac wrote:
Personally I find all bundles have their pros and cons. Altho I found at the time it came out this bundle did offer more value, now others have been up dated to include more. The gear being dated is a draw back. I had gotten this bundle when my wizard was level 40 and now at that level better gear is available. Newer bundles have secret drops daily. In the end I think the Fierce Hound was my best investment in this bundle and I am glad I got it for that.

The Epic Bundle was updated with level 80 gear (except the staff).

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
How do the bundles work? Can I only get the items on 1 character? Or can I get them on every character on my account?

Survivor
Oct 29, 2011
kingurz wrote:
brwac wrote:

The Epic Bundle was updated with level 80 gear (except the staff).

The staff has been updated

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
Will we still be able to buy the things in the bundle, just not together? Will the epic bundle be put on sale again some day? Does anyone know?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
tiffanybonney wrote:

If you live in the U.S., there are a ton of options~ Pagoda Gauntlet, that Avalon-themed one, and about 6 others (I think).

If you're a non-American player, you don't have much choice~ I'm a Canadian wizard, and there are only 2 bundles available here, one of which is discontinued/being discontinued. My Death wizard has the Epic bundle, and it's awesome... but I probably would have gotten the Avalon-themed one, had the option been available.

Either way, have fun~ I hope your son enjoys his new stuff, whatever it is. :D

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
skyking76 wrote:
How do the bundles work? Can I only get the items on 1 character? Or can I get them on every character on my account?

The house goes to the one wizard that redeems it only. The gear and pets can be placed in the shared bank for other wizards to use. In the end you get one of each item so only one wizard can use it at a time.

You would have to buy a bundle for each wizard if you want each to have the house. Keep in mind housing is not transferable so if you stop playing that wizard and want to delete it the house is lost - along with anything else you didn't place in your shared bank prior to delete.