Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Entering Tower's with friends? How?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Hello there all, me and my younger brother have been trying all day to group up and enter Golem Tower together but we cannot seem to do it, is it even possible to do this, or are we wasting our time trying?

Defender
Dec 23, 2008
Can't do it. There are just a handful of quests in the game like this. It's a test of your character's solo ability. (PS. Make sure your potion bottles are full before you begin.)

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
If friends cannot port in theTower, then there is no way to get another person in with you unless there are Sigils outside of it.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
I'm fairly certain the Golem Tower is solo only -- hence no glowing team circles on the ground out in front of it. I've tried same as you with friends of mine that had trouble in there but to no avail.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Some areas are Solo-Only places. Golem Tower is one of these. I dislike it, too. I wish I could help my friend on that one as well ...

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
I could be wrong about this (so feel free to correct me if I am), but I don't think you can group in the Golem Tower.

I was under the impression that the Golem Tower is one of those few areas in the game.. that you have to do alone.

Again, I could be mistaken.

Defender
May 29, 2009
It's actually a good opportunity to learn to solo. Depending on when in your wizard city quests you decide to do golem tower, it can be a tough one. It took me four tries to succeed. But I did learn a lot about when to take potions, how to play a little more defensively to preserve health, and how to strategically heal.

At this point, I think you only have one potion bottle. Try to save it for the last battle (5th level if memory serves me correct). Hate to make it through the first 4 to die on the last one.

given that there's really no penalty to dying in W101, look at golem tower as an opportunity. Trust me, plenty more towers to come and sometimes, your friends just aren't online or they're in their own dungeon.

Wizard: Tristan Moonweaver, lvl 43 fire

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
Yup, they're right. This is a solo mission! I remember it well since I did this quest only a few weeks ago. It took me a few times to get it right, but when I did I sailed right on up to the top! When I started that quest I freaked cause I had to do it alone. One of my buddies was on chat with me being my cheering section! Let me tell you about how hyped I was when I finally finished! I remeber that being my first big "whooo hoooo!!" moment! You can do it!

Jasmine IceBlossom
LVL 24 Ice

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Golem Tower is pretty hard unless you're life or death. For non-healing classes, you should be able to do it all without trouble around level 10-15.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
It's true. Me and a nextdoor friend of mine tried everything to group up in Golem Tower. It's completly impossible, I'm 100% sure.

Survivor
May 18, 2009
I love to solo. It's my primary play style, but I hate forced solo content just as much as I hate forced grouping content or forced raiding. Options people, it's all about options.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Vrazule wrote:
I love to solo. It's my primary play style, but I hate forced solo content just as much as I hate forced grouping content or forced raiding. Options people, it's all about options.

I agree. All the Dungeons and Towers should be open to help, if you want that help there.