Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elucidate tc?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 24, 2012
175
I was on the wiki yesterday and saw that you could get Elucidate Treasure Cards from a quest in Celestia, but it said it was a storyline quest and i just did the area on my Myth and never got a single Elucidate and am kind of dissapointed.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
33
Leicrex on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
I was on the wiki yesterday and saw that you could get Elucidate Treasure Cards from a quest in Celestia, but it said it was a storyline quest and i just did the area on my Myth and never got a single Elucidate and am kind of dissapointed.
I seem to remember that being a thing, yes. I've never really understood what they planned with elucidate and i don't really know how to get it if it's even possible. You may want to consider checking online to see which quest gave the tc and tracking to ensure you have completed said quest.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
You get 2 of them from a quest in the Science Center. It's the only place they can be found. The only reason you wouldn't get them is if you completed the quest while your treasure card slots were full. TC and reagents awarded are lost if you are full.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
175
It was a storyline quest and the only tc I carried were about 300 monstrous so no they weren't full.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
Rumor has it that elus are dropping from the same Fishing Chests as the code wands.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
46
I heard the update made it that you don't get elucidate from the quest anymore.

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
92
I was told silver/wooden chests in celestia have a very small chance of dropping elucidates.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
17
Some players took advantage of elucidate tc and abused the system. Kingsisle noticed it and have made the elucidate tc a retired item. I am personally thankful for that change! The game is going through a lot of improvements. I am sorry to break it to you, but you can't get anymore elucidate tc.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
743
Artur Battle on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
Some players took advantage of elucidate tc and abused the system. Kingsisle noticed it and have made the elucidate tc a retired item. I am personally thankful for that change! The game is going through a lot of improvements. I am sorry to break it to you, but you can't get anymore elucidate tc.
Where did you get that information? Is there a post somewhere that says "players abused the system"?

I'm not aware of that.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
545
Artur Battle on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
Some players took advantage of elucidate tc and abused the system. Kingsisle noticed it and have made the elucidate tc a retired item. I am personally thankful for that change! The game is going through a lot of improvements. I am sorry to break it to you, but you can't get anymore elucidate tc.
Yes, i am also confused- I don't see anywhere on the site or W101's twitter/facebook where they said the elucidate was retired because people were abusing the system.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
452
years ago (before my time, 2010 maybe?) somehow people were able to use a tc multiplier back then and were reproducing them by the hundreds and did abuse the system. I learned this from friends that have been playing since day one. I haven't heard anything recently of it being discontinued completely. I will check with friends that are currently leveling a char in Celestia to see if they are still getting the tc drop from the quest in Science Center and update if I find any info on it.

Btw, I have received Simplify from wooden chests in Avalon on rare occasion (High Road chests) since the Khrysalis update.

I really hope these cards aren't complete Goners.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
545
SilverbackMonkey on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
years ago (before my time, 2010 maybe?) somehow people were able to use a tc multiplier back then and were reproducing them by the hundreds and did abuse the system. I learned this from friends that have been playing since day one. I haven't heard anything recently of it being discontinued completely. I will check with friends that are currently leveling a char in Celestia to see if they are still getting the tc drop from the quest in Science Center and update if I find any info on it.

Btw, I have received Simplify from wooden chests in Avalon on rare occasion (High Road chests) since the Khrysalis update.

I really hope these cards aren't complete Goners.
Ah, I could see how that would be a problem with an already highly coveted TC.

KI said that they are officially retired as of this update. I don't think I would be allowed to link to it here, but I'll quote the tweet where they officially said it: "for now, it is retired. They are still in-game, but there is no way to earn them." So I would assume they are also gone from chests, too.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
452
thanks for the info, Starblood. I didn't see the tweet you mentioned; was it from a week ago or so from the official site?
If so, I'll take your word for it and cry .

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
452
Leicrex on Apr 9, 2016 wrote:
I was on the wiki yesterday and saw that you could get Elucidate Treasure Cards from a quest in Celestia, but it said it was a storyline quest and i just did the area on my Myth and never got a single Elucidate and am kind of dissapointed.
I have a new Myth char that is doing Celestia; I know which quest gave the TC in the Science Center so I will update here as soon as she gets that quest finished and let all know if it still is dropping.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
452
Just finished Science Center (main and sides) on my newest character;

No Elucidate drop

Guess it's a Goner.