Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

elucidate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
i think cause i don't even know what it is. but just out of curiousity, what does it do?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
matthew skullblood on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
isn't elucidate a retired treasure card?
Not according to wiki

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Retired_Spells

In fact very few spells are.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not retired. I just bought a few in Bazaar last night. They are very rare because every wizard only gets 2 from a quest.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Why don't we have Elucidate?

PvP

<whine>0-Pip Fire Elf<whine>

Enough said...

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Defender
Dec 20, 2010
You will not find very many because the elucidate card is a quest reward. You only get it once and can not farm for it.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Elucidate

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
It is retired. I remember back in 2010 when they weren't retired...those were the days. Of course when my finished the quest in Celestia, the ONLY way to EVER get them, I only got one because got darn tc deck filled up to 500 right after I got the first one. I'm still ticked about it, oh well. Just my bad Wizard101 luck at work, if you knew my character you would understand.

Marcus crafter, lvl 76 (started Avalon today)

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
You get two Elucidate treasure cards from the quest "Follow the Leader" in the Science Center.

Link to quest:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Follow_the_Leader

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
wanted468 on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
It is retired. I remember back in 2010 when they weren't retired...those were the days. Of course when my finished the quest in Celestia, the ONLY way to EVER get them, I only got one because got darn tc deck filled up to 500 right after I got the first one. I'm still ticked about it, oh well. Just my bad Wizard101 luck at work, if you knew my character you would understand.

Marcus crafter, lvl 76 (started Avalon today)
Elucidate is not retired. Rare and retired are two separate things. Elucidate is rare because it is a treasure card that can only be obtained from a quest (finite by the number of players that complete the quest). Retired spells can no longer be obtained at all. Dampen Magic is an example of a retired spell. There is no way to obtain the spell again (only recirculate the current spells).

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Elucidate is an enchantment card that reduces the cost of a spell by two pips. So you can cast satyr for two pips, pixie for free, and or you can cast virulent plague (-45 damage) for one pip and I'd think you can cast legend or elemental blade for no pips since they just cost one pip.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Wizrobes on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
Elucidate is an enchantment card that reduces the cost of a spell by two pips. So you can cast satyr for two pips, pixie for free, and or you can cast virulent plague (-45 damage) for one pip and I'd think you can cast legend or elemental blade for no pips since they just cost one pip.
Thx for elucidating the elucidate spell card