Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

Elik's edge

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 07, 2008
36
Elik's edge
ok does anyone have a feeling they know how Elik's edge was created if so feel free to tell us here :D

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
95
Re: Elik's edge
um there is no real explanation for elks edge except that its somewhere in the shopping district thats really all i know a teacher could tell us the importance of elks edge hopefully :D

Administrator
Re: Elik's edge
My students certainly know. :)



community@wizard101.com
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
543
Re: Elik's edge
You assume that your students read the text when sent out to do ice class quests.

Administrator
Re: Elik's edge
Yes I should hope so. :)



community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 14, 2008
6
Re: Elik's edge
I'm not an ice student, but I've seen it happen before. You go to Elik's edge because you need to summon a frost giant for a quest. You do the same for other schools.

Storm: Storm Lord

I don't know the rest. Hope that helps!

Explorer
Feb 02, 2009
61
Re: Elik's edge
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
My students certainly know. :)



Yes my second wizard is an ice wizard. Well you have to get some water from the commons pond give it to the ice tree Kelvin (I think that is his name) but then he freezes it you go to Eliks Edge and throw it over the ledge then the Ice Giant comes and he is not very nice but I think you get the ice trap spell.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
95
Re: Elik's edge
oh thank you guys that place has been a mystery for me ever since I
started playing

Re: Elik's edge
Elik's edge has been around for many, many years -- since the first world was broken and Wizard City was formed, in fact. It was named for one of the early students, a somewhat scandalous rogue of a spellcaster named Elik who allegedly stole relics from the shopping distict and, when pursued, lept from the cliff never to be seen again.





Explorer
Feb 02, 2009
61
Re: Elik's edge
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Elik's edge has been around for many, many years -- since the first world was broken and Wizard City was formed, in fact. It was named for one of the early students, a somewhat scandalous rogue of a spellcaster named Elik who allegedly stole relics from the shopping distict and, when pursued, lept from the cliff never to be seen again.






Wow i'm not sure if that was a good move, but is he the Ice Giant that comes out when you throw the shard down there?

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
23
Re: Elik's edge
he probably froze down there layer by layer to form an ice giant heh

-Hunter DeathWraith

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
339
Re: Elik's edge
I totally remember going there for my first spell quest! I had no idea why it was named Elik's Edge though.

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
141
Re: Elik's edge
That sounds kind of creepy, the first thought that popped up in my head when Ambrose said that, was GHOST - can he really be the frost giant? If he is do you think he would be mad? If so, maybe thats why he's so mean?
luna0616

Explorer
Nov 04, 2008
95
Re: Elik's edge
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Elik's edge has been around for many, many years -- since the first world was broken and Wizard City was formed, in fact. It was named for one of the early students, a somewhat scandalous rogue of a spellcaster named Elik who allegedly stole relics from the shopping distict and, when pursued, lept from the cliff never to be seen again.




woah! creepy if you make a W.C. past he should be a boss that would be awesome

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
339
Re: Elik's edge
luna0616 wrote:
That sounds kind of creepy, the first thought that popped up in my head when Ambrose said that, was GHOST - can he really be the frost giant? If he is do you think he would be mad? If so, maybe thats why he's so mean?
luna0616


He isn't mean!

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
186
Re: Elik's edge
EmeraldOz wrote:
I'm not an ice student, but I've seen it happen before. You go to Elik's edge because you need to summon a frost giant for a quest. You do the same for other schools.

Storm: Storm Lord

I don't know the rest. Hope that helps!


I am a fire student so I am aware of such tasks (aka Heck Hound) but I'm curious, is "Mildreth's Perch" the same thing? Meaning, is it for a specific school? For those of you who don't know, it's a platform to the left of the King Gobbler Tower. On the map it shows a picture of a woman but on the platform it seems to be a cat....maybe? I was just curious what that platform ...or "Perch" if you may...is?

Thanks,
Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
7
Re: Elik's edge
HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
Elik's edge has been around for many, many years -- since the first world was broken and Wizard City was formed, in fact. It was named for one of the early students, a somewhat scandalous rogue of a spellcaster named Elik who allegedly stole relics from the shopping distict and, when pursued, lept from the cliff never to be seen again.






That's terrible, Headmaster. Why have so many students turned to the other side? They seem to do juvenile things for no apparent reason.

Dumbfounded,
~Version2

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
4
Re: Elik's edge
leapardcat wrote:
ok does anyone have a feeling they know how Elik's edge was created if so feel free to tell us here :D
hey where can i speak to proffesor drake i need to ask him about a homewrok assignment please help me he is not in class very often i saw him taking his usual laundry from the robes man in WC but he teleported out :( i cant contact him

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
79
Re: Elik's edge
although i am not ice i know he is a frost giant i saw one of lydias students

on the quest

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
2
Re: Elik's edge
is there a lord or something like that for all classes?

Survivor
May 09, 2009
13
Re: Elik's edge


I am a fire student so I am aware of such tasks (aka Heck Hound) but I'm curious, is "Mildreth's Perch" the same thing? Meaning, is it for a specific school? For those of you who don't know, it's a platform to the left of the King Gobbler Tower. On the map it shows a picture of a woman but on the platform it seems to be a cat....maybe? I was just curious what that platform ...or "Perch" if you may...is?

Thanks,
Hunter SilverHeart

Hildeth's Perch I believe is what it is called and yes, it is a place where a spirit is summoned for a spell. Cant remember which school.

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
64
Re: Elik's edge
BlackLotus wrote:
is there a lord or something like that for all classes?


There are and i know every single one of them. They arent all lords though.

Storm: Storm Lord(a bit more than 600 damage to all players + stun to all)
Fire: Fire Dragon(bit more than 400 damage to all + burn for three turns)
Ice: Frost Giant(idk how much damage + stun to all)
Death: Scarecrow(400 damage to all + half to health)
Life: Rebirth(i think 690 health to all + spirit armor to all)
Myth: Orthrus(i think 45 damage + somewhere around 500-600 damage)

i hope all that helps all you guys who hope of becoming grandmaster wizards :P

Paul Fireward, GRANDMASTER!(fire)
Paul Deathward, lvl 20(death)
Paul Stormward, lvl 21(storm)
Paul Earthward, lvl 10 or 11 i forgot(balance)
Paul Deathward, lvl 20(death)
Paul Mythward, lvl 11 or 10 i forgot(myth)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
14
Re: Elik's edge
tunerpw wrote:
BlackLotus wrote:
is there a lord or something like that for all classes?


There are and i know every single one of them. They arent all lords though.

Storm: Storm Lord(a bit more than 600 damage to all players + stun to all)
Fire: Fire Dragon(bit more than 400 damage to all + burn for three turns)
Ice: Frost Giant(idk how much damage + stun to all)
Death: Scarecrow(400 damage to all + half to health)
Life: Rebirth(i think 690 health to all + spirit armor to all)
Myth: Orthrus(i think 45 damage + somewhere around 500-600 damage)

i hope all that helps all you guys who hope of becoming grandmaster wizards :P

Paul Fireward, GRANDMASTER!(fire)
Paul Deathward, lvl 20(death)
Paul Stormward, lvl 21(storm)
Paul Earthward, lvl 10 or 11 i forgot(balance)
Paul Deathward, lvl 20(death)
Paul Mythward, lvl 11 or 10 i forgot(myth)


Hey! you forgot one important level 7 spell! Balance- Powernova hits all enemies 470 and gives all 25% weakness.

-Justin SilverDust level 50 Balance wiz

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
32
Re: Elik's edge
i know what ice teacher ment by her students know why elk's edge is important.




elk is a frost giant.

one of the quest for ice sends a ice wizard to go there.
still don't know yet? well here is ya aweser

when the quest is given, and the wizard went over there, they summon a frost giant!
thats why elk's edge is important.
( and i bet when the quest is complete, the wizard will get a amazing card! and it might be an ice armor card! )