Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elemental and Spiritual Spears

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Kingsisle, I find these spells a little too... lame. They cost one pip, why? I understand that Elemental and Spirit blades are 1 pip, but those blades are better or equal then the school's normal blade. Some examples:
Fireblade is 35%, and Elemental Blade is 35% as well.
Stormblade is 30%, and Elemental Blade is 35%
Iceblade is 40%, and Elemental Blade is 35% (In TC it's 40%, so it's kind of not lower)
Mythblade is 35%, and Spirit Blade is 35%
Deathblade is 40%, and Spirit Blade is 35%
Lifeblade is 40%, and Spirit Blade is 35%
Balanceblade is 25%, and Elemental Blade is 35%

Elemental and Spirit Blades mostly beat or tie the normal school's percentages, and that's why everyone allowed it to be 1 pip.

Now, with Elemental and Spirit Spears, they're 6%? Why 6? Why not 8 or 10? 9 would even be good. But really, 6% for 1 pip? I don't know why anyone would really use that, considering that Hydra, Spectral Blast, and Chimera are Balance's only elemental attacks, and the rest are Balance. Raising them up would be better, but I found that bringing Chimera up was a mistake. Now, to Balance all of the schools out, Balance has to get an extra spell. What I find that should balance out Balance's spells, is to get this:

8% Balancespear (Meaning that it affects all schools, like Balanceblade) for level 72. Now, at level 78, Balance should get Spearstorm. This spell would be 6% armor piercing to all team, and I honestly think that this would be a better solution. Anyone else agree?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Unfortunately, because other schools can use those same spears, that is why the pip cost is 1 and the % is 6. However, Balance had to pay the price.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Funny thing is, technically, the spirit/elemental blades take 1 pip, however, if you have all power pips while fighting, it takes an entire power pip, meaning it can cost you 2 pips instead of one. The same goes with the tri-traps as well.

Although they are great to use with Hydra and Chimera, it can take you an extra turn or more to build your pips up again to cast your attack spell.

While other schools have better basic school blades, plus the use of a balance blade for NO pips, Balance is disadvantaged in that the only blade for no pips is the 25% balance blade. All other blades take one pip (or an entire power pip). Not much of a boost for Balance spells like Scorpion, Swarm, Nova & Ra, which would otherwise cost one pip for any other blade.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
QueQueg wrote:
Funny thing is, technically, the spirit/elemental blades take 1 pip, however, if you have all power pips while fighting, it takes an entire power pip, meaning it can cost you 2 pips instead of one. The same goes with the tri-traps as well.

Although they are great to use with Hydra and Chimera, it can take you an extra turn or more to build your pips up again to cast your attack spell.

While other schools have better basic school blades, plus the use of a balance blade for NO pips, Balance is disadvantaged in that the only blade for no pips is the 25% balance blade. All other blades take one pip (or an entire power pip). Not much of a boost for Balance spells like Scorpion, Swarm, Nova & Ra, which would otherwise cost one pip for any other blade.

I don't mind much about blades, because I have a lot of them. You can get a Dragonblade pet, and an amulet (I'm in for shield amulets), and there are also enchantments. Balance is fine, except all I want is the spears, but as kingurz said, the other schools could get the spears that I wanted and would probably take advantage of them.