Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Efreet

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 11, 2009
Is it me or does it seem that Efreet is weak for fire. Its like it is the opposite of all thats fire. It isnt damage over time, but Skeletal Dragon is? It also only does 143 more damage than Fire Dragon, and still you make Leviathan, storm, already having massive boosts being 1030 damage AND removing 2 positives? I dont want to sound like i'm complaining but i think efreet should do a little more damage, and if not to all enemies, considering there are like more fire enemies then any other school. I guess the quest was right when it said that efreet was not to be relied upon.

Thomas Fireblade

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
SoxKid wrote:
Is it me or does it seem that Efreet is weak for fire. Its like it is the opposite of all thats fire. It isnt damage over time, but Skeletal Dragon is? It also only does 143 more damage than Fire Dragon, and still you make Leviathan, storm, already having massive boosts being 1030 damage AND removing 2 positives? I dont want to sound like i'm complaining but i think efreet should do a little more damage, and if not to all enemies, considering there are like more fire enemies then any other school. I guess the quest was right when it said that efreet was not to be relied upon.

Thomas Fireblade

Hey Thomas. While I agree it could be a little stronger, a -90% to damage is pretty sizable and thus comparable to removing 2 positives for storm. Even so, adding gargantuan to it and a couple of buffs produces a boss killer. I assume that KI's reasoning on this is that you already have a lot of DoT spells, and you needed one that was stronger than helephant with a tactical advantage as well for dealing with bosses. I assume hey they gave death skeletal dragon so that they could deal with life bosses who spam death shields. I hope this helps.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
storm isn't exactly happy with leviathan either as it barely is any stronger than triton and although it removes two blades storm looks for kills with tritons or greater 1v1 attacks and the blade removal is merely an after thought (it also removes only the first two blades so if an ice player has a triple blade upon them only the storm and fire blade actually get removed and ice attacks remain as strong as before the attack)

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
Um, efreet does lots of damage AND puts a -90% weakness on the target. It's a very useful spell.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Efreet seems deliberately designed to handle the cheating bosses that run rampant in Celestia - it is just about the only spell that can put a weakness on a boss without being penalized for it in some way.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
SoxKid wrote:

Thomas Fireblade
Yes, but think of the bonus -90% weakness is a big deal, if you don't believe me go ask a balance they will tell you that this makes them terrified to fight you.