Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeons and porting

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
So I have a dungeon on my quest list, and it is a dungeon where you can port in and a friend is already in there asking for help. I port in and finish the dungeon with them. But wait a minute!!!!! My quest did not update!! I still need to do the dungeon I just did!!!! Makes me want to refuse to port into dungeons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this new? Intentional? If so please turn off dungeon porting, because I'm sick of asking for help on something I just did!!!!

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
you have to do the dungeon from the beginning from entering to finshing you can port out to heal and port in.
but you have to do it from the beginning

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Maybe there were quest markers through out the dungeon and you need to update them before doing boss.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
grahambhg on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
So I have a dungeon on my quest list, and it is a dungeon where you can port in and a friend is already in there asking for help. I port in and finish the dungeon with them. But wait a minute!!!!! My quest did not update!! I still need to do the dungeon I just did!!!! Makes me want to refuse to port into dungeons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this new? Intentional? If so please turn off dungeon porting, because I'm sick of asking for help on something I just did!!!!
Unfortunately with dungeons you must enter them at the sigil in order for them to set properly in your quest book. In other words with out you going in from the beginning your quest book does not know you entered that instance.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010

I don't think that this is anything new.

If you "port" into a dungeon to help someone, you are just picking up on their quest, not your own.

You must enter the dungeon at the sigils to make it register as "your" quest.

Even though you helped your friend, you will still need to do your quest.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009

See my previously posted topic on this:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/47364?reset=1

If you port to someone and join after a key quest requirement, your quests don't update. You should do all dungeons from start to finish as much as possible.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
It is extra annoying on the one-room, one battle dungeons (or as I call them "boss rooms"). Maybe in that case I can ask friend about the dungeon, then when I know it is a boss room, walk in, then port to friend so that the quest and my battle "jibe"?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
It is extra annoying on the one-room, one battle dungeons (or as I call them "boss rooms"). Maybe in that case I can ask friend about the dungeon, then when I know it is a boss room, walk in, then port to friend so that the quest and my battle "jibe"?
Somehow I don't think that will work either. If you enter the dungeon, and then port somewhere else, you must return to your dungeon within 30 minutes, or you lose any progress on your quest.

If you port to your friend, once again, you are porting to your friend's quest, not yours. You are actually leaving your quest and going to your friend's quest.

If I am wrong on this, I am sure that someone reading my reply will correct me. But I'm pretty sure this is how it works.