Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Duelist gear reduced mana to zero. Why?!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I can understand maybe KI doesn't want us using duelist gear while questing, but couldn't they just make duelist gear be "PvP Only?"

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Liam Swiftwalker on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
I can understand maybe KI doesn't want us using duelist gear while questing, but couldn't they just make duelist gear be "PvP Only?"
The PVP gear has always been zero mana. It prevents you from using it outside of PVP since that's what it was designed for.

And it only takes a couple times around the lake at the commons to get full mana back, so I'm not sure what is upsetting you.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
PvP gear is for PvP. You don't need mana to PvP, otherwise, everyone would run out of mana while dueling.

If you want to use duelist gear (looks only), you can stitch it. Otherwise, leave the duelist gear where it belongs - in PvP.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Liam Swiftwalker on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
Well then you can't equip it for just appearence.... because it would only be allowed in the pvp arena and nowhere else.

Lvl 110
Lvl 61
Lvl 25

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Back in the day, we didn't have yer newfangled duelist circles in our homes. We could only PVP in the arena! Since you don't use mana in the arena the gear was by default PVP only. The easiest fix, the way I see it, is to make the dueling circles so that they don't use mana either.

But if they want to add the pvp condition to gear I don't much care.

But there's yer "why."

time fer my nap... zzzz