Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drowned Dan, code scaling according to tier?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 27, 2008
I would like some help understanding the Drowned Dan boss in Celestia before I spend any Gold Keys on it, please!

So Drowned Dan has 4 tiers, depending on your level (1-50, 51-65, 66-109, 110+). The main cheat in this fight is the "code" that you have to hit the boss with. Each number of the code represents the rank of the spell you have to hit him with.
However, the spell ranks in the code go from 1 to 11. (So a code of 1-2-3-4 means attacks ranked/costing 1, 2, 3 and 4)

But does this mean a tier 1 and 2 wizard also has to own rank 11 spells (as treasure cards)?? Or is the code cheat scaled appropriately according to tier?

I'm currently in the tier 2 range, so levels 51-65. This means the highest rank spell I have access to is rank 8.
But does the boss's code only use numbers between 1 and 8? Or do i have to somehow find treasure cards for ranks 9-11?

Would really like someone's view on this before I fight the boss! Couldn't find this particular info anywhere.

(Cant bring a higher level to help either, due to the "Participation Trophy" level restrictions)

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
Roarst on Nov 13, 2022 wrote:
I would like some help understanding the Drowned Dan boss in Celestia before I spend any Gold Keys on it, please!

So Drowned Dan has 4 tiers, depending on your level (1-50, 51-65, 66-109, 110+). The main cheat in this fight is the "code" that you have to hit the boss with. Each number of the code represents the rank of the spell you have to hit him with.
However, the spell ranks in the code go from 1 to 11. (So a code of 1-2-3-4 means attacks ranked/costing 1, 2, 3 and 4)

But does this mean a tier 1 and 2 wizard also has to own rank 11 spells (as treasure cards)?? Or is the code cheat scaled appropriately according to tier?

I'm currently in the tier 2 range, so levels 51-65. This means the highest rank spell I have access to is rank 8.
But does the boss's code only use numbers between 1 and 8? Or do i have to somehow find treasure cards for ranks 9-11?

Would really like someone's view on this before I fight the boss! Couldn't find this particular info anywhere.

(Cant bring a higher level to help either, due to the "Participation Trophy" level restrictions)
I have done this fight a couple of times, and I don't recall any number in the code higher than 7 or 8. It's best to have a full team of four, and divide up possible attacks between the members. One wizard will bring lower or odd pip attacks, another will bring mid-pip count attacks, etc. Then, once the code is known, everyone gets their appropriate attack ready to cast in order.

You may find that there are higher level wizards who are willing to help you even though they will not receive the good rewards. Check for Friendly Wizards on the Social Icon.