Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop Rate of Hades Items (rant)

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
48
I'm sorry but this is utterly ridiculous. I'm farming for the robe over the past 4-5 days, I team with a person who has done it 1 time previous, boom they get the robe and hat they need on the very first try. I congratulate them, everybody wants to get what they need of course, but some of the people are a bit deserving of the gear. I'm a myth character mainly and I usually never get to attack very much in fights because we don't see many life players going in to tartarus. That same person who got the robe and hat, I saved on the very last turn with a unicorn because they died that turn due to a calendar from zeus, the last player on our team hit zeus with old ending the match. If not for me, that player doesn't get anything. Where is the karma? I've ran this so many times, I've healed/supported and done whatever necessary to make sure my team is successful but I've only gotten a hat so far, nothing else even worth mentioning, tonight I play again, I just helped a friend of mine finish the Poseidon dungeon so they could do Tartarus as well, we get to hades in about forty five minutes, finish hades and company in ten to fifteen minutes. They get an exalted amulet, robe, and a pet. You have got to be kidding me, all I get was gold and the same senator garbage. This is outrageous, I should have gotten a robe by now, I don't expect much in return from really anybody or anything in this game, but every now and then a break would be nice.
I honestly feel as if myth gets no love in this game. Smoke, mirrors, tricks are what we rely on, the crazy thing I don't understand is when we even quest, we rely on medusa to stun for two turns and its not even guaranteed to work properly, we still don't even have a useful AoE for PvE like every other class does. We still rely on a four pip spell to kill trash and it takes forever because have to blade, trap, aura etc. For the people that think earthquake is useful for PvE don't joke, little damage and you remove blades/shields if they have them, does it even matter when the boss you are fighting crits every other turn? I just wonder why it seems the loot rolls hate myth so much as to deny them the basics of what we need to actually be successful in this game. Ice and Balance are so loved in this game it's crazy, I talk to somebody about myth and immediately they say they dislike the class because of the reliance on cheap gimmicks, low damage, and gear that is lesser than what the other classes acquire. Where is the respect and love for the myth class? I certainly don't see it when questing, I certainly don't see it in PvP, all I see now is storm, fire, balance, and ice wrecking everything because they get the best of everything. For once, can we get something over another class? I mean anything really, beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for listening to my rant, if you didn't like it, sorry to waste your time. I just had to say those things because it seems like this game hates me.

Wolf StormShade Level 97 Conjurer

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
Darthjp on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry but this is utterly ridiculous. I'm farming for the robe over the past 4-5 days, I team with a person who has done it 1 time previous, boom they get the robe and hat they need on the very first try. I congratulate them, everybody wants to get what they need of course, but some of the people are a bit deserving of the gear. I'm a myth character mainly and I usually never get to attack very much in fights because we don't see many life players going in to tartarus. That same person who got the robe and hat, I saved on the very last turn with a unicorn because they died that turn due to a calendar from zeus, the last player on our team hit zeus with old ending the match. If not for me, that player doesn't get anything. Where is the karma? I've ran this so many times, I've healed/supported and done whatever necessary to make sure my team is successful but I've only gotten a hat so far, nothing else even worth mentioning, tonight I play again, I just helped a friend of mine finish the Poseidon dungeon so they could do Tartarus as well, we get to hades in about forty five minutes, finish hades and company in ten to fifteen minutes. They get an exalted amulet, robe, and a pet. You have got to be kidding me, all I get was gold and the same senator garbage. This is outrageous, I should have gotten a robe by now, I don't expect much in return from really anybody or anything in this game, but every now and then a break would be nice.
I honestly feel as if myth gets no love in this game. Smoke, mirrors, tricks are what we rely on, the crazy thing I don't understand is when we even quest, we rely on medusa to stun for two turns and its not even guaranteed to work properly, we still don't even have a useful AoE for PvE like every other class does. We still rely on a four pip spell to kill trash and it takes forever because have to blade, trap, aura etc. For the people that think earthquake is useful for PvE don't joke, little damage and you remove blades/shields if they have them, does it even matter when the boss you are fighting crits every other turn? I just wonder why it seems the loot rolls hate myth so much as to deny them the basics of what we need to actually be successful in this game. Ice and Balance are so loved in this game it's crazy, I talk to somebody about myth and immediately they say they dislike the class because of the reliance on cheap gimmicks, low damage, and gear that is lesser than what the other classes acquire. Where is the respect and love for the myth class? I certainly don't see it when questing, I certainly don't see it in PvP, all I see now is storm, fire, balance, and ice wrecking everything because they get the best of everything. For once, can we get something over another class? I mean anything really, beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for listening to my rant, if you didn't like it, sorry to waste your time. I just had to say those things because it seems like this game hates me.

Wolf StormShade Level 97 Conjurer
Random potential for loot does not hate myth. The fact that people are getting gear is proof that it's just random. The only way to increase your chances of loot is to run more times. Sorry mate.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
I agree that drop rates should be raised but the random policy should be maintained. Say (sometime in the future), a level 130 helps a level 90 wizard through Tartarus. Obviously, the level 130 will have better spells, do more damage, heal, and generally do more work. Based on your idea, the level 130 would have higher chances of a drop, even if they are helping their friend do the dungeon.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Journeyman

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
i agree, the drop rate is ridic.

i have done over 100 runs, and i give up. i (and plenty of others) don't have enough hours in a day to be wasting time like this. reliance on dumb luck is at its worst, and i'm slowly losing interest in the game because of it... been away for 3 weeks, without internet access, and didn't miss it. not once.

i get that it's supposed to be "rare", or whatever. but we shouldn't have to torture ourselves like this to get to the good stuff.

-v.
exalted
promethean
legendary
grandmaster
magus

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
111
Darthjp on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry but this is utterly ridiculous. I'm farming for the robe over the past 4-5 days, I team with a person who has done it 1 time previous, boom they get the robe and hat they need on the very first try. I congratulate them, everybody wants to get what they need of course, but some of the people are a bit deserving of the gear. I'm a myth character mainly and I usually never get to attack very much in fights because we don't see many life players going in to tartarus. That same person who got the robe and hat, I saved on the very last turn with a unicorn because they died that turn due to a calendar from zeus, the last player on our team hit zeus with old ending the match. If not for me, that player doesn't get anything. Where is the karma? I've ran this so many times, I've healed/supported and done whatever necessary to make sure my team is successful but I've only gotten a hat so far, nothing else even worth mentioning, tonight I play again, I just helped a friend of mine finish the Poseidon dungeon so they could do Tartarus as well, we get to hades in about forty five minutes, finish hades and company in ten to fifteen minutes. They get an exalted amulet, robe, and a pet. You have got to be kidding me, all I get was gold and the same senator garbage. This is outrageous, I should have gotten a robe by now, I don't expect much in return from really anybody or anything in this game, but every now and then a break would be nice.
I honestly feel as if myth gets no love in this game. Smoke, mirrors, tricks are what we rely on, the crazy thing I don't understand is when we even quest, we rely on medusa to stun for two turns and its not even guaranteed to work properly, we still don't even have a useful AoE for PvE like every other class does. We still rely on a four pip spell to kill trash and it takes forever because have to blade, trap, aura etc. For the people that think earthquake is useful for PvE don't joke, little damage and you remove blades/shields if they have them, does it even matter when the boss you are fighting crits every other turn? I just wonder why it seems the loot rolls hate myth so much as to deny them the basics of what we need to actually be successful in this game. Ice and Balance are so loved in this game it's crazy, I talk to somebody about myth and immediately they say they dislike the class because of the reliance on cheap gimmicks, low damage, and gear that is lesser than what the other classes acquire. Where is the respect and love for the myth class? I certainly don't see it when questing, I certainly don't see it in PvP, all I see now is storm, fire, balance, and ice wrecking everything because they get the best of everything. For once, can we get something over another class? I mean anything really, beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for listening to my rant, if you didn't like it, sorry to waste your time. I just had to say those things because it seems like this game hates me.

Wolf StormShade Level 97 Conjurer
If I'm in a dungeon or just a street mob fight. I like having a myth sometimes. The quake spell is handy if you're playing with friends as it allows you to minimize the damage somewhat...of whatever spell the enemy is about to hit you with by taking out the blades. I'll note I absolutely loathe being on the receiving end of the spell though. Oh as far as ice storm and such. I have both ice and storm...you really don't want to talk to me about what the recent patches have done to my fizzle rates. Storm in particular and ice in particular. Also for storm? my health bar. to paraphrase the genie from Disney's Aladdin.. "phenomenal cosmic powers! itty bitty health bar." I had to readjust and move around and equip different gear in the last couple days on my ice wizard, my main wizard, and lose 300 points or so, so I could increase resistances.

Connor Level 88

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
111
What I just said, being said...I'm gonna probably farm Hades like a madman once I get there and if my friends will run it with me. I want the enhanced mastery amulets for my wizards

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
51
The rates are really awful, but it is not the worst part... the dungeon also does not contribute for a faster farming because it is really long and stressful.

People who say that the dungeon is 'fast' and 'easy' is because they have friends or a very good party (with a tank/supporter, hitter and healer), because if you were teaming up with people you have never seen before, I BET that you would not say the same!

It's also important to know that not everybody has the priviledge of having lots of good friends willing to go through such labor and keep repeating it over and over again plus not everybody has the luck of having friends who share the same time zone as yours!

I am speaking for myself, I work the whole day and only have time to play at night and some weekends (yes, most of them I am working too). When I log into the game I want just relax and enjoy the game. So... how do you expect me to go through the whole dungeon without getting a thing that is really worth it? And this repeats for days and weeks on end.

In the end of the day, I don't expect KI to increase the drop rates (as the rare pieces wouldn't be so 'rare' anymore), I just expect them to find a way to make such labor a bit easier and less painful so we can have the chance to defeat Hades more times.

That's all I ask for, thanks for hearing me out.

Christopher 95

Delver
Oct 11, 2010
270
1500+ runs here on my death. I have the hat that was the only decnt item worth putting on. No Robe, and i have the crafted boots much better than dropped ones there.

Morganthe has the same problem yes one battle so i have 1750+ runs there as well. My answer was to just not renew my sub, if enough people quit over this then they might wake up and adjust the loot like how water works is.

people that dont complain and say awe its ok blah blah are the ones that got there set in like 10 runs. well that was never me and i played this like a full time job and more. yes this is all optional zones for gear but also being a paying member is an option i choose to not do now.

I left p101 a year to come back still having the best gear, letting my 1 month expire to not renew again for like another year. same thing in wizard basically will come back in 2015 since i have all the best stuff minus the 1 hades robe and 1 amy from morganthe, the blade hmm 2 block 2 damage if it drps but ya ok not much an an update.

water works gear drops are proper and they are not flooded with as much junk drops you can not use.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
masterryan1969 on May 28, 2014 wrote:
1500+ runs here on my death. I have the hat that was the only decnt item worth putting on. No Robe, and i have the crafted boots much better than dropped ones there.

Morganthe has the same problem yes one battle so i have 1750+ runs there as well. My answer was to just not renew my sub, if enough people quit over this then they might wake up and adjust the loot like how water works is.

people that dont complain and say awe its ok blah blah are the ones that got there set in like 10 runs. well that was never me and i played this like a full time job and more. yes this is all optional zones for gear but also being a paying member is an option i choose to not do now.

I left p101 a year to come back still having the best gear, letting my 1 month expire to not renew again for like another year. same thing in wizard basically will come back in 2015 since i have all the best stuff minus the 1 hades robe and 1 amy from morganthe, the blade hmm 2 block 2 damage if it drps but ya ok not much an an update.

water works gear drops are proper and they are not flooded with as much junk drops you can not use.
i agree with this; 100+ runs (on each wizard) and 1 piece of gear is above and beyond ridiculous, for an adult with a full-time job. i have given up on ever getting the gear, because i simply don't have the time to waste on chance-to-gets.

i haven't played in almost a month, and i'll most likely join you in hanging up my wizard hats (all 12 of them) for good when my subs end.

-von.
exalted , promethean , legendary , grandmaster , magus

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Dr Von on May 29, 2014 wrote:
i agree with this; 100+ runs (on each wizard) and 1 piece of gear is above and beyond ridiculous, for an adult with a full-time job. i have given up on ever getting the gear, because i simply don't have the time to waste on chance-to-gets.

i haven't played in almost a month, and i'll most likely join you in hanging up my wizard hats (all 12 of them) for good when my subs end.

-von.
exalted , promethean , legendary , grandmaster , magus
Question:

How much of your desire to leave the game would go away if KI would simply announce they had plans to do something to make it better?

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
Lucas Rain on May 30, 2014 wrote:
Question:

How much of your desire to leave the game would go away if KI would simply announce they had plans to do something to make it better?
if, by "make it better", you mean 1) add alternative gear drop/crafting options that don't require players to waste a bunch of time they haven't got or 2) make the instances required to get the stuff less torturous, then i may reconsider.

words without actions are meaningless. if ki says they'll "make it better" (just like they made pvp "better", apparently), i'll believe it when i see it for myself.

-v.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
2
I farmed in there 229 times in counting never got hades hat

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Hades gear is easy to get. You all keep whining because you fought a couple times and didn't get everything you wanted, boo hoo. 229 times, and you didn't get ONE item you want... you neglect to mention the myriad of other items you DID get. It's an easy dungeon, it takes less than an hour and gives you the best gear in the game. Quit all the whining!!!

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
37
All I can say is: No pain, no gain. It wouldn't feel as special if it was so easy.

Besides, no one is saying you have to use Hades gear. Waterworks gear still works at level 100.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
217
It is no longer the best gear in the game for every wizard. I highly recommend that you check out the craftable gear in Sardonyx. GL
Amber

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
"It's an easy dungeon, it takes less than an hour and gives you the best gear in the game." -Seethe42

For an experienced gamer with a full team, tons of free time, and the best of everything, yes.

I am a relatively-inexperienced gamer (at least when compared with most people on these boards, since I seem to be one of the only ones who doesn't have any previous gaming creds), who has worked incredibly hard to get what she does have. Therefore, I am on the side of the average player: the people who don't have the best pets or gear, simply because they don't have endless time to waste farming or friends to play with at all hours.

"It wouldn't feel as special if it was so easy... Waterworks gear still works at level 100." -True Fire

No, it wouldn't. Heaven forbid the gear required to survive becomes available to everyone and people are actually able to finish the upper-level worlds... then you're no longer a special snowflake; "the few, the proud". And that's what it all comes down to.

Some friends and I discussed this last night, at length. This is what we came up with.

"So, we're KI. We're gonna put this gear into the game... it'll be so hard to get that only a few select players will ever see it. And then, we're gonna base the difficulty of all future worlds around that gear."

Thank guy-in-the-sky my Waterworks gear is still functional. I simply don't have time for a second job, especially not one that expects me to work for free.

-

Sardonyx gear is subpar, just like nearly every other piece of crafted/dropped gear has been since level 60. I crafted the 96+ boots for my diviner, and she lost all of her stats that I've worked very hard to get: block, resist, accuracy, health... Not worth it, for a small boost to damage. I'll keep my Azteca crafted boots, thanks very much.

-von
exalted

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Dr Von on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
"It's an easy dungeon, it takes less than an hour and gives you the best gear in the game." -Seethe42

For an experienced gamer with a full team, tons of free time, and the best of everything, yes.

I am a relatively-inexperienced gamer (at least when compared with most people on these boards, since I seem to be one of the only ones who doesn't have any previous gaming creds), who has worked incredibly hard to get what she does have. Therefore, I am on the side of the average player: the people who don't have the best pets or gear, simply because they don't have endless time to waste farming or friends to play with at all hours.

"It wouldn't feel as special if it was so easy... Waterworks gear still works at level 100." -True Fire

No, it wouldn't. Heaven forbid the gear required to survive becomes available to everyone and people are actually able to finish the upper-level worlds... then you're no longer a special snowflake; "the few, the proud". And that's what it all comes down to.

Some friends and I discussed this last night, at length. This is what we came up with.

"So, we're KI. We're gonna put this gear into the game... it'll be so hard to get that only a few select players will ever see it. And then, we're gonna base the difficulty of all future worlds around that gear."

Thank guy-in-the-sky my Waterworks gear is still functional. I simply don't have time for a second job, especially not one that expects me to work for free.

-

Sardonyx gear is subpar, just like nearly every other piece of crafted/dropped gear has been since level 60. I crafted the 96+ boots for my diviner, and she lost all of her stats that I've worked very hard to get: block, resist, accuracy, health... Not worth it, for a small boost to damage. I'll keep my Azteca crafted boots, thanks very much.

-von
exalted
This is the only only MMO I have ever played, free time is a decision and so is having the best of everything. Quit blaming inexperience for your lack of will. Face it, you don't want to try. Hades gear isn't required to survive by even the remotest of standards. There's loads of crafted and bazaar gear that will get through end game without ever going to Tartarus. Does it make things slightly easier, sure, but not really that much. Hades gear is freely available to all and OBVIOUSLY not all that rare, considering nearly everyone waiting at every dungeon entrance is wearing it. Just because you don't choose to put time into getting it doesn't make it impossible or even hard to get.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
37
Dr Von on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
"It's an easy dungeon, it takes less than an hour and gives you the best gear in the game." -Seethe42

For an experienced gamer with a full team, tons of free time, and the best of everything, yes.

I am a relatively-inexperienced gamer (at least when compared with most people on these boards, since I seem to be one of the only ones who doesn't have any previous gaming creds), who has worked incredibly hard to get what she does have. Therefore, I am on the side of the average player: the people who don't have the best pets or gear, simply because they don't have endless time to waste farming or friends to play with at all hours.

"It wouldn't feel as special if it was so easy... Waterworks gear still works at level 100." -True Fire

No, it wouldn't. Heaven forbid the gear required to survive becomes available to everyone and people are actually able to finish the upper-level worlds... then you're no longer a special snowflake; "the few, the proud". And that's what it all comes down to.

Some friends and I discussed this last night, at length. This is what we came up with.

"So, we're KI. We're gonna put this gear into the game... it'll be so hard to get that only a few select players will ever see it. And then, we're gonna base the difficulty of all future worlds around that gear."

Thank guy-in-the-sky my Waterworks gear is still functional. I simply don't have time for a second job, especially not one that expects me to work for free.

-

Sardonyx gear is subpar, just like nearly every other piece of crafted/dropped gear has been since level 60. I crafted the 96+ boots for my diviner, and she lost all of her stats that I've worked very hard to get: block, resist, accuracy, health... Not worth it, for a small boost to damage. I'll keep my Azteca crafted boots, thanks very much.

-von
exalted
"No, it wouldn't. Heaven forbid the gear required to survive becomes available to everyone and people are actually able to finish the upper-level worlds... then you're no longer a special snowflake; "the few, the proud". And that's what it all comes down to.

Some friends and I discussed this last night, at length. This is what we came up with."

Was that sarcasm? I can't tell over the internet. If it was sarcasm, please read the rest of the post. If not sarcasm, feel free to ignore.

Having the gear isn't about feeling special. Nor do I want only a few people to have it so I can feel like some sort of elite wizard. Also, you don't need Hades gear to beat the higher level worlds. KH part 1 can be soloed save for a few dungeons and cheating bosses. KH part 2 is only slightly harder. Azteca is hard but you wont be getting the gear anyway until you've beaten most of the world. And once again I say: Waterworks gear still works perfectly fine.

Do you guys complaining about Hades gear even play Wizard101? Cause you're complaining about problems that don't exist. The game isn't impossible to beat without Hades gear. Waterworks gear still works fine. If you absolutely need help you can always use Team Up or find helpers on a forum or something or ask a friend.

For those of you who still aren't convinced, let me explain the Hades gear you all so desperately crave:

The gear is hyper offensive. It gives a ton of damage boosts, armor pierce and crit but that's it. The whole thing is a glass cannon build. For those of you who don't understand the term "glass cannon," it's a phrase for when you can deal a lot of damage but can be destroyed in a few hits.

Now let me give you a scenario: After your rant, KI caves in and gives you the full set of Hades gear for completing the dungeon. You equip the gear thinking you will now dominate the game and play like the pros. You fight the boss you've been stuck on and instead of winning in no time flat like you expected, the boss knocks you out. Then, because you still haven't learned your lesson, you complain about how the bosses are too hard.

So lets recap:

Hades Gear: glass cannon.

Necessary: No.

Waterworks gear: Easier to get and still works.

You should use Hades gear when: When your playing style matches a glass cannon.

And the real problem is: Not that the gear is too hard to get. Not that it's overpowered. Not that it's required. The problem is You. Sorry to say this but it's true.

So the solution is: Here's the best part, the solution is also You! Try improving your deck or changing your play style. Get advice from pros. If you're so unlucky that you still can't win, grab some wizards to help you.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
seethe42 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
This is the only only MMO I have ever played, free time is a decision and so is having the best of everything. Quit blaming inexperience for your lack of will. Face it, you don't want to try. Hades gear isn't required to survive by even the remotest of standards. There's loads of crafted and bazaar gear that will get through end game without ever going to Tartarus. Does it make things slightly easier, sure, but not really that much. Hades gear is freely available to all and OBVIOUSLY not all that rare, considering nearly everyone waiting at every dungeon entrance is wearing it. Just because you don't choose to put time into getting it doesn't make it impossible or even hard to get.
Well, this isn't the only MMO I play. The other ones I play are more geared towards the hardcore players. I play W101 to relax and have fun.

In none of the other games I play do I ever have to go through the same dungeon as many times as you have to with W101 dungeons just to get the gear I need. W101 is by far the most grindy, monotonous, tedious, and annoying 'farming' I have ever done, just to be disappointed after several hundred+ runs in getting nothing worthwhile.

At this point, people need the best because of the way the game is headed (and frankly, already there). There isn't any Bazaar gear that is even passable beyond level 58. Crafted gear in the higher levels leaves a lot to be desired. Funny how people try to combine gear that's 40 levels below what they should have with whatever the best crafted gear they can come up with. As you level up, the gear gets worse and worse no matter how you look at it. So much is taken away stat-wise just to gain a little of something else. Too many people focus on damage and critical, unfortunately, and wonder why they need help in a dungeon because they have no resist or block.

Hades gear is not freely available to all, and it is extremely rare. Of course, not to those who have done the dungeon(s) thousands of times. But, why should it take so many times to get the gear? Not everyone has the time nor inclination to farm over and over and over and over again for something so fleeting as Hades gear. Not choosing to put the time and effort into it? You have it soooo wrong! The amount of time and effort into farming one dungeon for one piece of gear is ridiculous.

W101 is suppose to be a casual, family-oriented game. I play hardcore mature games that are less grindy than this one, and I certainly don't have to farm dungeon(s) hundreds or more times just to get one piece of gear.

Worthwhile drops? Hardly, unless you consider gear (with the worse possible stats) you can't even sell in the Bazaar "worthwhile" along with cheesy reagents and equally as cheesy treasure cards.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Well, this isn't the only MMO I play. The other ones I play are more geared towards the hardcore players. I play W101 to relax and have fun.

In none of the other games I play do I ever have to go through the same dungeon as many times as you have to with W101 dungeons just to get the gear I need. W101 is by far the most grindy, monotonous, tedious, and annoying 'farming' I have ever done, just to be disappointed after several hundred+ runs in getting nothing worthwhile.

At this point, people need the best because of the way the game is headed (and frankly, already there). There isn't any Bazaar gear that is even passable beyond level 58. Crafted gear in the higher levels leaves a lot to be desired. Funny how people try to combine gear that's 40 levels below what they should have with whatever the best crafted gear they can come up with. As you level up, the gear gets worse and worse no matter how you look at it. So much is taken away stat-wise just to gain a little of something else. Too many people focus on damage and critical, unfortunately, and wonder why they need help in a dungeon because they have no resist or block.

Hades gear is not freely available to all, and it is extremely rare. Of course, not to those who have done the dungeon(s) thousands of times. But, why should it take so many times to get the gear? Not everyone has the time nor inclination to farm over and over and over and over again for something so fleeting as Hades gear. Not choosing to put the time and effort into it? You have it soooo wrong! The amount of time and effort into farming one dungeon for one piece of gear is ridiculous.

W101 is suppose to be a casual, family-oriented game. I play hardcore mature games that are less grindy than this one, and I certainly don't have to farm dungeon(s) hundreds or more times just to get one piece of gear.

Worthwhile drops? Hardly, unless you consider gear (with the worse possible stats) you can't even sell in the Bazaar "worthwhile" along with cheesy reagents and equally as cheesy treasure cards.
You must be playing a different game than me if you think Hades gear is extremely rare. Nearly everyone I see at Endgame and other dungeons is wearing parts of it if not a whole set whether it's glass cannon or defensive set. If you don't even want Hades gear because you think it stinks, why are you bothering to try and get it and why are you in the forums complaining that you can't get it? That just makes no sense.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
66
seethe42 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Hades gear is easy to get. You all keep whining because you fought a couple times and didn't get everything you wanted, boo hoo. 229 times, and you didn't get ONE item you want... you neglect to mention the myriad of other items you DID get. It's an easy dungeon, it takes less than an hour and gives you the best gear in the game. Quit all the whining!!!
No offense, but that's just crazy. To run something 229 times and NOT get the drop you wanted is ridiculous. It's even worse because KingsIsle sells crowns gear. They set the drop rate extremely low because they know players will get frustrated and purchase gear from the crowns shop.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
62
Darthjp on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry but this is utterly ridiculous. I'm farming for the robe over the past 4-5 days, I team with a person who has done it 1 time previous, boom they get the robe and hat they need on the very first try. I congratulate them, everybody wants to get what they need of course, but some of the people are a bit deserving of the gear. I'm a myth character mainly and I usually never get to attack very much in fights because we don't see many life players going in to tartarus. That same person who got the robe and hat, I saved on the very last turn with a unicorn because they died that turn due to a calendar from zeus, the last player on our team hit zeus with old ending the match. If not for me, that player doesn't get anything. Where is the karma? I've ran this so many times, I've healed/supported and done whatever necessary to make sure my team is successful but I've only gotten a hat so far, nothing else even worth mentioning, tonight I play again, I just helped a friend of mine finish the Poseidon dungeon so they could do Tartarus as well, we get to hades in about forty five minutes, finish hades and company in ten to fifteen minutes. They get an exalted amulet, robe, and a pet. You have got to be kidding me, all I get was gold and the same senator garbage. This is outrageous, I should have gotten a robe by now, I don't expect much in return from really anybody or anything in this game, but every now and then a break would be nice.
I honestly feel as if myth gets no love in this game. Smoke, mirrors, tricks are what we rely on, the crazy thing I don't understand is when we even quest, we rely on medusa to stun for two turns and its not even guaranteed to work properly, we still don't even have a useful AoE for PvE like every other class does. We still rely on a four pip spell to kill trash and it takes forever because have to blade, trap, aura etc. For the people that think earthquake is useful for PvE don't joke, little damage and you remove blades/shields if they have them, does it even matter when the boss you are fighting crits every other turn? I just wonder why it seems the loot rolls hate myth so much as to deny them the basics of what we need to actually be successful in this game. Ice and Balance are so loved in this game it's crazy, I talk to somebody about myth and immediately they say they dislike the class because of the reliance on cheap gimmicks, low damage, and gear that is lesser than what the other classes acquire. Where is the respect and love for the myth class? I certainly don't see it when questing, I certainly don't see it in PvP, all I see now is storm, fire, balance, and ice wrecking everything because they get the best of everything. For once, can we get something over another class? I mean anything really, beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for listening to my rant, if you didn't like it, sorry to waste your time. I just had to say those things because it seems like this game hates me.

Wolf StormShade Level 97 Conjurer
Just wondering, how do you play with your myth?

Myth is a great school. I personally don't use gear with resist when playing on myth most of the time. All damage gear allows my myth to kill faster.

I don't mind the drop rate of Hades and it does not need to be changed as I do enjoy doing farming over and over. Allows me to get more stuff for my other wizards. However, I do agree myth (at least mine) has bad karma (not related to Hades or Tartarus in any way, though.)

100 . 99 . 90 . 70 . 30 .

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
75
The drops need to be increased or at least remove the senator gear. Receiving senator gear is a smack in the face and a reminder that you did not get the drop you wanted in my opinion.
The very first time I did Tar with my ice and I had the quest, I recieved the exaulted life amulet. After a hundred runs or so I finally got the defense hat. After a thousand runs I finally got 2 robes, the ones with defense on them and on the same day. Then I got boots so I have 2 full sets for ice which I no longer have need for. My balance has done this over a hundred times and never got a hades wand where ice gets them easily. Balance never recieved good gear out of there nor any amulet. Then my storm came of level and I farm only with my ice and storm in there (pretty easy) and nothing for storm so far. My fire never got any gear either and I am giving up, so tired of this tiresome dungeon.
My myth friend on the other hand got amulet of divine influence on her first run when she had the quest and in less than 10 runs had all the gear go figures.

So in all I am not complaining about the difficulty of this dungeon, just the drops.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
37
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Well, this isn't the only MMO I play. The other ones I play are more geared towards the hardcore players. I play W101 to relax and have fun.

In none of the other games I play do I ever have to go through the same dungeon as many times as you have to with W101 dungeons just to get the gear I need. W101 is by far the most grindy, monotonous, tedious, and annoying 'farming' I have ever done, just to be disappointed after several hundred+ runs in getting nothing worthwhile.

At this point, people need the best because of the way the game is headed (and frankly, already there). There isn't any Bazaar gear that is even passable beyond level 58. Crafted gear in the higher levels leaves a lot to be desired. Funny how people try to combine gear that's 40 levels below what they should have with whatever the best crafted gear they can come up with. As you level up, the gear gets worse and worse no matter how you look at it. So much is taken away stat-wise just to gain a little of something else. Too many people focus on damage and critical, unfortunately, and wonder why they need help in a dungeon because they have no resist or block.

Hades gear is not freely available to all, and it is extremely rare. Of course, not to those who have done the dungeon(s) thousands of times. But, why should it take so many times to get the gear? Not everyone has the time nor inclination to farm over and over and over and over again for something so fleeting as Hades gear. Not choosing to put the time and effort into it? You have it soooo wrong! The amount of time and effort into farming one dungeon for one piece of gear is ridiculous.

W101 is suppose to be a casual, family-oriented game. I play hardcore mature games that are less grindy than this one, and I certainly don't have to farm dungeon(s) hundreds or more times just to get one piece of gear.

Worthwhile drops? Hardly, unless you consider gear (with the worse possible stats) you can't even sell in the Bazaar "worthwhile" along with cheesy reagents and equally as cheesy treasure cards.
I'll save time by saying please read my post above.

Also, you don't have to complete the dungeon as many times as you've listed. It's entirely luck based. A friend of mine got a piece during his first run and another during his second. Third took him about a week to get. KI doesn't randomly selected players nor are the players with the gear some sort of chosen few. They're just luckier than you. Since it's luck based, there's no point in complaining.

Another thing I've noticed after reading your post is that you're arguing two points and both seem to counter the other. You complain the gear is too hard to get and forces endless farming (which it doesn't) but you also say the gear isn't good. So you're complaining about gear that sucks but is too hard for you to get? If that's so why bother complaining about the drop rate if the gear isn't something worth using? Why not, oh I don't know, save yourself the trouble and not try to get the gear.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
144
Honestly, I'm getting a little nervous doing Tartarus for the first time because of the drop rates for the myth gear. I'm a myth wizard too. The drop rates should be raised up, I agree. Ridiculous how hard you have to keep on doing Tartarus for like, the 20th time and didn't get anything at all.

Myth is an awesome school(my own opinion). Everyone's opinion on Myth is different. I honestly agree that Myth has no love in this game with all the hatred.

I would've ranted, too, on the message boards. Thanks for sharing.

Promethean

1